Bowflex Fitwatch F20 Wireless Heart Rate Monitors

Bowflex Fitwatch F20 Wireless Heart Rate Monitor

[Mar 13, 2013]
Nick D

OVERALL
Strength:

Price (on sale from 130$ to 39.99)
Features
-Stopwatch
-Timer
-Fitness Test
-2 Alarms
-Calorie/Fat Counter
-12 Training Memory Slots

Hi-Low Alarm only beeps once if you go over or under target zone, does not direct you back to zone (my other watch would beep once every 10 seconds if you were under-zone and twice of you were over target) requiring constant visual inspection of number.
Has photo sensor that turns the screen off if its dark -this is really annoying because you have to hit the light button twice
The overall interface is funky
Strap will temporarily disconnect from watch at random (I suppose it may be the battery but this has happened since day one when the batteries were brand-new)

Its comfy and looks cool. But as I have already illustrated the watch is a little funky. The original price was high (130$) and the only reason I bought it was because it was on sale for 40$. I now know why. Mine didnt come with a user-manual so I had to figure everything out myself. By far, the weirdest thing about this watch is the sensor on the front that turns the screen off when its dark. Its reaction to light timing is slow so you have to wait a few seconds for the sensor to turn the screen on. Im not just talking about in the dark, if its tucked under your sleeve it shuts it off too!

I wouldnt buy this watch again knowing what I know now. Hope this review saves you some "wasted" money and training time.