Sports Instruments Circuit 7 Heart Rate Monitor Heart Rate Monitors

Circuit 7 Heart Rate Monitor

[Feb 08, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Affordable, reliable, easy to use. Great customer service!

Older style, not as many features as other units.

I used this HRM for years, and really like it. There are more heavily-featured units available now, but this one was always reliable and very easy to use, especially compared to my Polar S410 (which does a lot more). As important, I wiped out the crystal on mine trying to polish out a scratch once, and their customer service is fantastic, in contrast to Polar, whom I'v had bad experiences with (don't really support their products).

Polar A5, A2, S410.

[Oct 09, 2002]
scooter0007
Weekend Warrior

OVERALL
Strength:

Great price and easy to flip through the different functions.

I have had to replace the batteries a couple of times but it gets well used. The first battery died shortly after I received the monitor. Hard telling how long it was on the shelf!

I found this jewell on E-bay and have no regrets. It did lock up once but removing the battery took care of this problem. My lust for toys wants me to buy a top of the line Polar but this baby just keeps on ticking!

[Dec 06, 2001]
took
Racer

Strength:

update to my previous review . . . almost a year now and this thing still works great. once it completely froze up on me and got stuck on one screen. i took the back off the watch, took the battery out and put it back in, then everything was back to normal. one minor complaint--i often get inconsistent readings when it''s cold and windy. but, when it''s warm, no problems at all, ever. given that i do most of my riding in the spring/summer/fall, it''s not that big a deal. again, for 60 bucks, not much to complain about. if you can still find one for this cheap, go for it.