Vetta HR-50 HRM/Cyclometer Heart Rate Monitors

[Mar 30, 2002]
fatiredflyer
Cross Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

For me: It takes a lickin'''' and ...you know the rest. Easy to read.

First unit lasted 3 months, and the HR function quit. Immediately replaced, under warranty. Second unit lasted six months when the HR function also failed. It was also immediately replaced under warranty. The third unit is now four years old, and I''''ve put two batteries in the chest transmitter, and head unit since new. I''''ve never used it as a wristwatch, only mounted on the bikes, used virtually daily. Occasionally dies in proximity to power lines, but returns OK. I swap it between my road, offroad, wind trainer, beater, and tandem bikes with a quick reprogram of the wheel sizes. I recently got a Timex Ironman with the HR function, thinking that the Vetta MUST soon succumb to old age, but it just keeps on working, and I haven''''t needed to use the Timex. Unlike other reviewers, I''''ve lost no buttons, and it''''s never filled up with rain water. Just wipe off the crud and ride again. I guess I got THE good one that everyone else hoped they''''d bought.