CytoSport Cytomax Nutrition

Ensures proper hydration steady energy and reduced fatigue during exercise. Cytomax's patented alpha L-PolylactateTM buffers lactic acid production in your muscles reducing the burn during intense training and minimizing post-exercise muscle soreness.

[Aug 26, 2012]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

None anymore

BEWARE Has changed since 2010!!! Does not mix well even with hot water, Foam haed 100% of the time even days after mixing, causes bloating gas and pain.

This stuff used to work so well, that I felt like I was cheating... The old formula sometime around (mid 90's - 2010) was amazing, Tasted great, mixed easy, and digested smoothly for un-matched performance.... Now, I'm suffering internally with this product, it has become worthless. Reminds me of the time I tested Accelarade (foamy, gas bloat)..

Maybe Cytomax was "too good to be true" (read that as pro's maybe failed tests while using) ???? It is utter crap now, dont let the new label full you, I guess I'll use Gatorade or Hammer products now!

[Oct 02, 2011]
Greg

OVERALL
Strength:

None.

Taste, sweetener

For starters, I have been riding/racing for nearly 30 years and using energy drink since the 80's so this is not my first time with electrolyte replacement.
It's late summer 2011 and someone forgot to tell the geniuses at Cytomax about the old Coke/New Coke disaster in the early 1980's. They recently changed the formula and drastically changed the taste of a decade old product. They FAILED to change the name of the product. I bought a can last week and the first drink of the first bottle was disgusting. I had to go check out the 4.5lb can and figured out they removed the sweetener (glucose, sucrose, fructose, whatever the heck they were using) and replaced it with Stevia. Why on earth would I want a low calorie drink when I'm using it for energy replacement????
They should have taken a page from the world's largest beverage maker Coke and just introduced a new product to get people to try their product again. Instead, they are going to alienate their loyal following of Cytomax, and enter the already crowded energy drink market with a completely new product. Unless they return to the old formula, I will never buy it again, and I don't think I will be alone. Unfortunately, this means I have to go out and buy all the existing products and figure out which one works for me again. Some give me indigestion, some give me gas, some go right through me and I have to stop too often on the rides. Cytomax USED to work great, but I just can't drink the new formula because of the disgusting taste.
Please Cytomax, change the name of your new product to Cytomax light or Cytomax-S or something and bring back the good stuff. It worked for Coke!

all of them at one time or another. Accelerade, Hammer, Gu, Exceed, Gatorade, etc...

[Jun 12, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

No acid buildup!

Expensive unless on sale.

Less acidic that Gatorade - primary taste is glucose. Mixes well.

[Mar 17, 2009]
WindMachine

OVERALL
Strength:

Taste, consistency, formula, electrolytes, recovery, endurance

I've used Cytomax for a few years - first during 2-3 hour swim practices in college, and then during cycling which I picked up as a hobby over the last 5 years. I find that it's a great product and goes down easier than Gatorade or other sugary sports drinks.

In my opinion, Cytomax is a great option for endurance athletes. It does well to replace electrolytes and extend endurance on long rides/runs/swims. I've also noticed that it helps recovery when paired with a good recovery meal and overall diet.

I drink the Pink Lemonade flavor primarily, and even when mixed stronger than what's recommended on the label, it still has a light consistency and taste, which I actually prefer to a strong sugary taste. I'm not too picky on flavor and instead make choices on what's been most effective.

From my experience, Cytomax has been the best overall sports drink I've ever used.

Gatorade, Powerade, Accelerade, Twin Labs Endurance Fuel, Hammer electrolyte products

[Nov 16, 2008]
mitchell s rosenblatt

OVERALL

I've used Cytomax for over a year. Instead of taking protein supplements, I'd rather take carb supplements. Before I ride a bike, run and lift weights this product doesn't "wire-me-out" and it doesn't contain caffeine but 12g of sugars. I am not a "hot-shot" biker or trainer but for me this product is working.....thanks......mitchr

[May 29, 2008]
Rob Mullen

OVERALL
Strength:

Tastes great, good mixer.

A little expensive for my taste.

After performing at a high level for a long duration, I find that cytomax gives me the recovery fuel that I need to get back in the saddle and do it all over again the next day. I really enjoy the Lemon flavor and mixed with Patron, it makes a very tasty margarita.

[Dec 30, 2006]
Dan

OVERALL
Strength:

good calories to keep me going, not sticky

tastes terrible

I personally hate the taste, but it works. I don't feel as tired after long rides and my mouth doesn't get as sticky like when drinking gatorade.

[Oct 06, 2006]
Renderdog

OVERALL
Strength:

Seems to work well for me, costs about the same as Gatorade when bought on sale.

Recent change in taste.
Grape is green, now even after mixed with water.

Cyctomax has added magnesium and calcium to their formula, and packages the 4.5 pound product in a new plastic container. The container is great but the flavor has taken a hit, the Grape used to be my favorite but I don't like the new taste. The new citrus tastes okay.

[Jul 15, 2006]
stephen

OVERALL

Good

[Jun 23, 2006]
Tim

OVERALL
Strength:

Stomach feels good. Does not mildew or make your bottle go sour if you forget to clean it right away. Tastes good, too.

Agree with everyone else's good points. One thing extra - Cytomax seems to buffer my stomach. Drinking other products like Gatorade all day will give me a sour stomach. Cytomax must have some buffering effects.

Powerade, Gatorade.