MET-Rx Bar Nutrition

MET-Rx Bar

[Jun 26, 2007]
Skoorb

OVERALL
Strength:

Flavor, quality of ingredients (the peanut chocolate one is the best).

Price. I CANNOT find these for less than $1.95/bar if I buy a box of 12 at a wholesale club. I have eaten hundreds of dollars of these and lately have had to give them up, they're too expensive (sadly, I've not had one in months). This is why value of 3...if it was 5, I'd be eating them.

MetRX bars are the best bars out there. I'm talking about the protein plus with about 330 cal and 32-33 g of protein. They are a quality bar with, as far as I know, no junky soy protein (skip that stuff). They have a good consistency and a terribly fantastic flavor. I have had many bars and I really believe these taste the best of the lot. Detour bars do taste like a chocolate bar, but that's because they are one (just with protein, too). MetRX are not quite full of as much junk.

The rest of the mainstream ones.

[Jun 25, 2003]
swlaghost
Cross Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

High quality protien and lots of it. Low carbs are great too. Plenty of great flavors. Chocolate Fudge is the Best.

Malted milk ball flavor is so rancid that I actually couldn't finish eating the bar. I thought someone had spiked it with cyanide. I ate a little bit to see if it would give me food poisoning so I could finish the rest of the bar the next day. After all they are freaking expensive.

Met-Rx Protien bars are overall great. I enjoy the protien content and the low carb count. I am a runner and need the protien to keep the endurance muscles strong. Protien Plus bars only have one Major CON: The malted milk ball flavor tasted so rancid that I stopped eating it and checked the expiration date to see if it was spoiled. I looked around online for other reviews of the taste of this flavor but couldn't find any. The bar tasted like chemicals and it felt as if it was burning my mouth and drying it out. I tried washing it down and finishing the bar but I couldn't.

Other protien bars. All of them. Detour is the bomb.