Inside Ride eMotion Roller System Rollers

E-motion Rollers allow you to train with full power and freedom of motion.

• Easier
  • Safer
  • More satisfying
  • More effective than conventional rollers or trainers
    The E-motion comes with a MAGNETIC resistance unit and precision ALUMINUM drums. It is QUIET and RELIABLE and offers an amazing level of comfort and rideability. It’s a dream machine for the thousands of cyclists who are sick of conventional trainers, but want to ride indoors to stay fit.

Although the floating action will keep you "in the pocket" 95% of the time, for absolute security, our bumper system is exceptional. You cannot ride out of these rollers! For aggressive sprinting, and out of the saddle efforts, the bumpers will keep you up and cranking no matter how wild you get... without disturbing your steering or balance!

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 28, 2019]
    motorthings

OVERALL
    Strength:

Having tried all the flavors of stationary trainers over the years, i had always wanted to sample the e-motion rollers. I used old old old cycleops wheel-on, 1-up usa, cycleops, lemond revolution, and lastly the first gen KICKR. I had settle on the KICKR with Zwift (having also used trainer road and sufferfest along the way), and loved the combination, but still felt something was missing, like the actual dynamic of a bike on the road. I built a rocker plate for the KICKR, and that helped a bit, but it still needed concerted effort to move the bike the right way when out of the saddle to mimic actual road dynamics. I got my e-motion rollers (with the smart resistance control) last week, and even though I had never ridden rollers before, I was up and riding in 15 minutes after unpacking. Setup was easy and pairing with Zwift was simple, and once I figured out how to minimize my steering inputs, I was riding, and getting power readouts in Zwift. My inside rides are now more engaging, give me the dynamics of bike riding that I missed, and life is good.

it is a bit louder than even my first gen KICKR, but since I have two wheels on rollers, it makes sense that there would be more noise. I think smoother tires will help, as well as turning up my music.

Price Paid:
    Purchased:
    New
    Model Year:
    2018
    [Mar 04, 2018]
    gradermon

OVERALL
    Strength:

The floating motion is a game changer. Never felt anything like it before. My Wahoo Kickr is like torture compared to the rollers. I wanted something that would let the bike move like real riding. I can stand up and rock the bike. Very happy with the feel. Very solid construction and still as quiet as new. I have the smart resistance option. It works great with Zwift and Trainer Road. After 2 months, I added the floating fork stand so I can zone out if I want. These really work.

The Smart resistance is not very sophisticated. Wattage accuracy and calibration are not as good as the Kickr. Even at zero resistance you can't really coast much.

Price Paid:
    2017
    [Dec 14, 2014]
    Bryan

OVERALL
    Strength:

Super fast shipping in a heavy duty reinforced cardboard box.
    No set up required..just pull them out of the box and they are ready to go.
    Rollers are solidly designed. Whoever enigineerd these knew what they were doing.
    Smooth and quiet compared to LeMond Revolution.
    Realistic road feel.
    Safety features that other rollers do not have.

None thus far. Price may be a bit high for some people but in my opion these are worth every penny.

Commenting on my first ride on the e-motion rollers and these things are sweet! Shipping was super fast. Arrived three days after I placed my order in a heavy duty reinforced cardboard box. Set up was as simple as popping open the box and pulling the plastic off the rollers. I set them up on the left side of our treadmill in the basement and I have a wall on the other side so I was able to either balance on the wall. I took inside ride's advice and started with regular shoes. I pedaled for about two minutes and felt comfortable enough to switch over to my road shoes. My first ride total was 45 minutes and I started on the '0' resistance setting recommended by inside ride. For anyone thinking that rollers don't give enough resistance think again. By the time I was 30 minutes into the ride my heart rate was consistently in the 150's and I had no problem bumping it up to the 160's with a harder effort. I was in my small ring and my sweet spot seemed to be around 18 to 18.5 mph on my computer. I was sweating my a** off by the time I was done. These are way more challenging than my previous lemond revolution. Like others have said you need to engage your core and try to maintain a smooth pedal stroke. I was able to watch TV but mostly just focused on a spot 2 or 3 feet in front of me..similar to being on the road. You definitely can not just 'zone out' like a stationary trainer so if this is what you want to do stick with your old trainer. I did stand and climb a couple times to give my butt a break without incident. I was able to ride with one hand and grab a towel or a drink. Overall these things are the bomb! Again, this was my first ride..I did bump the front safety rollers a couple times but never felt out of control...didn't fly through the wall or off the rollers like some ridiculous you tube videos that are out there. If you are thinking about rollers I would go with the inside rides. There customer service was awesome and I was able to pay through paypal as I had some money built up in there.

None. First set of rollers. Prior to this was a LeMond Revolution and prior to that a Cycleops fluid trainer.

[Jan 30, 2013]
    GK

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great product and well designed. Really smooth. Nearly impossible to fall on. Would have to be an accident as in not paying attenuation. Please do not comment if you have not used the product. I have and feel it is one of the best training products I have.

Limited to no weaknesses.

Smooth
    Well designed
    Safe
    Multiple resistances
    Easy to mount if you have one place to grab something
    Simple but effective
    Nearly perfect product
    Appears to be very durable after a year of heavy use by two riders

[Dec 18, 2012]
    Endurance Cyclist

OVERALL
    Strength:

Smooth, Fast, Resembles like you're actually ridding on the road or hills

"THERE ARE NO WEAKNESSESS IN THE INSIDE RIDE PRODUCT"

To correct the poster stating that I said "I fell off of the rollers", Correction "I DID NOT FALL OFF THE ROLLERS" I was knocked off the rollers causing injuries to a prior healed injury. With confidence it is impossible to fall of the Inside Ride. I ride: 8hrs. (one 5min. bathroom brake), 10hrs. two 5min bathroom brakes, 13hrs. 2-3 five min bathroom brakes, 14hrs. (3-4 bathroom brakes), 16hrs. (four bathroom brakes). Even while riding with a pre-exsisting injury the "Inside Ride DOES NOT DISAPPOINT!!!" This is the most amazing product, and Yes I have even ridden my Inside Ride outside in the rain and wind storm to see how it holds up, %100, %100, %100. You will fall in love with the back and for motion even when climbing and sprinting. Just by using your right foot you can adjust the resistance, but Now Inside Ride has made it even easier with a wireless resistance control that mounts on your bars, Please go to www.insideride.com to get more information.
    There is never a reason to be afraid of riding on these rollers, This product is Incredibly easy for anyone to ride, from intermediate beginner to pro-level; It allows you to build confidence, strength, endurance, and enjoyment for a life time. The best way I can describe the Inside Ride "If you do what you've always done, You'll get what you've always gotten"

[Jan 04, 2012]
    Al

OVERALL
    Strength:

Smooth ride, feels like you're actually ridding

You run the risk of getting off the rollers and hurt yourself pretty bad.

When I first saw your e-motion trainer I was impressed, but that quickly went away when I saw that the guy ridding it (he had rode it for almost 3000 miles at the time I saw him), a Gulf War Veteran riding in support of our troops, had a broken arm, when I asked him how that happened, he told me he had fallen off the trainer. I think I changed my mind immediately and realized how dangerous your trainer could be, if you go off the rollers while riding it. I don't think I'll be buying one any time soon, until this design peril is solved.

[Dec 10, 2011]
    cyclowerkz

OVERALL
    Strength:

Well Built.
    Excellent settings for varied workouts

Power Meter Readings if you are using their table off by 30-50 watts for me per level when compared to my powertap. Not accurate at all for me. Also a handle adjustment of resistance settings would be nice.

This is my 4th season on these rollers. Can do everything from sprint intervals, mountain simulation, endurance rides etc. Anything as on the road. No maintence needed so far. Still the original belt. A great engaged workout. This was my first rollers and in about 20 minutes up and riding comfortably. No hands in about an hour.

none. My first set of rollers. But compared to stationary mag/fluid trainers beats them hands down.

[Nov 08, 2011]
    Mark

OVERALL

How do you know if these reviews are a plant by the manufacturer or outright manipulated lies from a media control agency?

[Jan 26, 2011]
    Randy Lee

OVERALL
    Strength:

Outstanding quality
    Easy to use
    Realistic road feel

Awesome!! This is the best training tool I have ever used. Never used my old mag trainer-couln't stand it. I have over 3 dozen rides on these rollers so far. I will come into the riding season in shape rather than have to start building up in the spring. Can stand out of the saddle, do intervals, easy spinning, you name it. Easy to use-had never used rollers before and could ride these the very first time. Highly recommended!!! Look forward to my training rides. Great for specific training, great for those who live in rainy/cold weather.

Mag trainer

[Jan 10, 2011]
    off-camber

OVERALL
    Strength:

Variable resistance
    Smooth bearings
    Well designed and excellent machining
    Seemingly bombproof
    Able to crank out wattage which almost matches wattage put out on the road.
    Quiet
    Best thing to match road feel while riding inside

These are a wish list rather than weaknesses:
    If it could be engineered; wattage and remote resistance variation would make this thing absolutely complete.

I've had very little experience on rollers prior to getting the e-motions. I did my homework and looked at a number of different options for winter training. Because of the resistance, these won over several other fantastic rollers. I did not expect that I would be doing intervals, sprint work and climbing on these rollers... but with my power tap, it is now the only thing I need to train through the winter. The e-motion rollers saved my winter training - bottom line. I have hammered on these things for 2 years, and they are still quiet, smooth and I look forward to riding them, whereas my trainer was looking more like some cruel torture device after 1 month.
    I was asked if I rode a regular set of rollers, would the skills be transferable from the floating rollers - yep. I mount fixed rollers with a little more than one pedal stroke - I'm more attentive, but that is it. An added benefit that I noticed is that my core strength on the bike is improved in the spring. Definitely worth the extra cash if you want what I think is the best off-season training tool out there.

TrueTrainer, Tacx rollers, other various rollers.
    Computrainer, Tacx trainers, other trainers.