Minoura HYPER-MAG type-D Rollers

• Compact, Smooth And Silent But More Powerful Magnetic Resistance Unit
  • Optional Direct Measuring Cycle-Computer (HyperBrain) Is Available As An Option ($53)
  • Fatter Driven Roller Provides Smoother Pedaling
  • Hyper-Mag type-R Includes Remote Shifting Controls ($200)

• USER REVIEWS

[Feb 24, 2002]
    marksharq

OVERALL

Quality control at Minoura.

Trainer arrive and mag unit brackets were bent. The stand itself was very heavy gauge steel and was also bent and would not sit level on the ground. This was not anything caused by shipping as the box was not at all damaged. The defects obviously made it though the manufactruing process at Minoura and were not caught. Did not get to use this trainer. The bent brackets would not allow the bike to be mounted in the unit. Returned trainer to Nashbar. Nashbar no longer carries this model.

[Mar 17, 2001]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Good construction.

This is the email I sent Minoura the day after I bought it.

It came assembled from the shop I bought on March 17, 2001. The only thing I had to do was setup my road bike and attach the remote cable resistance lever. Five minutes into riding with reasonable resistance, the noise came. It sounded like metal contact. Immediately after that the resistance dropped to "as if I was riding down a mild slope".

Totally disappointed, I looked at the unit. Nothing seem to suggest that:
    -- I had my bike attached wrongly
    -- there are loosed parts outside on inside the HYPER-MAG type-R

I thought I was going to have a good time riding for the first couple of minutes. Now I do not know what to do except to bring the unit back to the shop I bought it from. I just hope the shop can either tell me what's wrong and have it fixed or replace it with something else. I certainly hope you can help me fixed it without ever bringing back to the shop. I know this thing works on magnetics and should not be a headache at all!

CK