SportCrafters ZRO Aluminum Rollers Rollers

ALL ZRO ALUMINUM ROLLERS ARE SPIN BALANCED

No roller in the industry beats SportCrafters for smooth ride, quiet, reliable performance and rugged construction. You don’t have to be elite or pro to start your roller training regimen with our low profile frame which makes stopping and starting easy
-Spin balanced aluminum drums
-Lifetime lubricated and sealed radial ball bearings
-Oversize axles (3/4" OD between bearings) will not flex
-Rugged power-coated steel folding frame always keeps 6 oversized rubber padded feet on the floor
-Low profile keeps you close to the ground
-Knobs, not nuts. ... No tools needed for drum adjustment, or even complete disassembly

[Oct 15, 2010]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything...price compared to others, smooth, great construction, ready to use, shipped quickly.

Didn't come with a free bike.

After ordering online from Spin Zone out of Granger IN they arrived within two days. I opened the box and they were ready to use. They are smooth and even without using the magnetic resistance (I ordered for winter interval training but have yet to use it) they give a great workout! Also, I find they are quiet so I can watch TV or listen to music while riding.

Never having used rollers before I checked out all of the YouTube videos of people falling off theirs. What I found was they are sensitive to over-steering so if you can't steer gently you'll be in trouble. I set mine in a doorway, bounced a time or two off the sides and then was on my way. Now I just place a chair alongside just in case.

Only stationary bikes...can't remember the model.

[Sep 29, 2010]
FPC

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth. Quiet. Resistance unit compatible. Outstanding warranty and customer service.

I bought CycleOps branded Sportscrafters aluminum drum rollers off eBay. They were cheap and arrived with a bad bearing in one roller. I emailed Sportscrafters and they sent me a new drum with hand tightening nuts and a new drive band free - no shipping! The company owner responded to emails and spoe with me on the phone. I disclosed all - bought used/abused CycleOps rollers off eBay - and he said not a problem, lifetime warranty regardless of how many owners or how it's branded. Plus, mine turned out to be a version that's no longer in production.

Tacx PVC - I can't remember the model name

[Jul 12, 2010]
fireplug

OVERALL
Strength:

Great service
Good material-well built
smooth drums

Little to loud but no more than any other aluminum set

Great rollers and customer service was excellent. Good materials and drum spin smooth.

[Mar 20, 2010]
Todd Mooth

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth, quiet, easy to store, resistance unit helps to provide a great workout

The first rollers I used were an old steel set that were very noisy, were heavy and were hard to store. The first thing I noticed about my Sportcrafters Rollers was how smooth and quiet they were. When riding hard I can still hold a conversation or hear the TV.
They are light weight and are easy to fold up and put away.
A year ago Pete let me try the mag-resistance unit. I love the addition of some resistance and in the highest setting it really taxes the legs.

[Jan 15, 2010]
Ron Heninger

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid, convenient storage, light, butter smooth, machined lathed with micro groove tracings on the drum......nice

A bit more on the magnet resistance would be fine by me, (i.e. a bigger magnet is needed.)

Buy these rollers. Peter Colin is the owner and will call you back directly with any questions or concerns. I have full confidence in his ability to do business and take care of me............after all, I'm the customer.

cycle-ops, kreitler

[Mar 10, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

First and foremost, best customer service I've ever experienced. You will never have to buy another set of rollers thanks to an amazing warranty. These provide a very smooth ride and are very well built.

None. All problems I encountered were due to the previous owner's treatment of the rollers. Buy with confidence (even used!).

This is my first set of rollers. I bought them used from eBay and when I inspected my purchase, everything seemed to be in working order (first set of rollers, didn't know better). I started to notice a vibration and a clicking noise (of course after positive eBay feedback :( ). I immediately contacted SportCrafters to see if this was covered under warranty and to my surprise it was! The owner of the company set up replacements to be shipped first thing Monday morning (yes this all took place over the weekend).

An actual road.

[Feb 25, 2009]
velogoddess

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, small, smooth, plenty of resistance with addition of unit, sturdy. I've put many thousands of miles and hours in on these rollers between training, race warm up and teaching indoor cycling classes. They are

Best rollers I've ever had and a customer service experience beyond what I could possibly ever dream. Not only is Peter a great guy who treats his customers right, he also knows his stuff and is very interested in and appreciative of user feedback.

Kreitler alloy with Killer Headwind

[Jan 22, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

-price
-durability
-customer service

nothing major. The alignment of the frame at the center joint is a little off, but that's to be expected after the amount of abuse I've put these rollers through.

These rollers are an unbelievable deal. They're simple, robust, quiet, and extremely durable.

When I first bought my set, I noticed the plastic end caps on the cylinders were "pitted" a bit and it was making lots of noise. I emailed Sportcrafters and the owner of the company immediately responded, apologized, and overnighted a whole new set of drums free of charge. You can only get that kind of service from a small independent company like this.

I've now logged hundreds of hours on these rollers... They've been beaten up and carried to races for 3 full seasons and they still spin silently and smooth. They fold up well and don't take up much space at all.

Kreitler, Mag

[Nov 18, 2008]
roomservicetaco

OVERALL
Strength:

well-made and well-engineered
spin is extremely smooth
great customer service

-would love if they offered variable fan settings - easiest way would be to offer swappable fans of different diameters
-not that many retailers carry the product, so it's not easy to go to LBS for spare belts or other parts

I rode the Kreitler Challengers with resistance fan for a few years, then sold them before I moved to a new city. The quality reputation of Kreitler is certainly well deserved, but there were things I really didn't like about them - they are big, kind of kludgy, and take up lot of space - so was anxious to try out SportCrafters.

I have had them for about 4 years now and really like them, even prefer them to the Kreitlers. I can not tell a difference in the smoothness of the spin, nor have I had any mechanical problems other than a worn out belt in that time.

As others have noted, with these (or any rollers), it's helpful to have some kind of resistance unit. I opted for the SportCrafter fan unit, rather than the mag because I felt the progressive resistance would better mimic road conditions. I've been very happy with the fan unit as well. It gives a very strong work-out and, while not as quiet as the mag, makes less noise than the Kreitler unit.

The SportCrafters fold up very easily and, without the wind unit, would even stand up vertically on their own.

Frankly, I can't see rollers being any better. Kreitler does offer more components (inertia unit, fork holder, etc.) but if you don't need any of that, SportCrafter is the way to go.

Kreitler Challenger w/ fan unit

[Nov 20, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Quiet, sturdy, well made.

None yet, just be careful when learning how to use them. It takes a while to get accustomed to the roller setup.

These things are awesome, I really didn't know anything about SportCrafters rollers but they rock! They are sturdy and well made. I suggest buying the additional magnetic resistance unit if you want to train hard. When the resistance was on level 0 I was holding a 28-30mph average which is fun and all but I don't think was making me stronger. When I put it on level 3 I have a hard time staying over 20mph and my legs are burnin, feels more like riding on the road.