Elite VOLARE FLUID Trainers

Winter is coming - don't lose your fitness! Maintain and improve your strength and endurance with an Elite indoor trainer.

[Jan 17, 2013]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Solidly built, excellent finish and very easy to use. Does everything I want it to do. Also looks good with my matt-black hybrid bike :-p

A little noisy with road tyres; you really need a trainer tyre to use this without your MP3 player turned up loud. The resistance doesn't seem to have any noticeable difference between 1 and 5 for the bike I use it with, however that bike has drum gears and changing gear has a very noticeable effect on resistance at the pedals. The nearest I can equate it to is cycling on a mild to moderate uphill incline and changing gears as you go; first gear burns your thighs, eighth gear is an easy sprint. Since that's pretty much what I'd use the resistance adjuster to simulate if it worked, I personally don't think it's that big of a deal that it doesn't.

Can't argue with the price, you get a lot more than you pay for compared to similarly priced trainers. Does everything I want it to do but doesn't cost a fortune. Pity it doesn't come with a front wheel raiser, though - It really does need one.

[Jan 06, 2009]
Eric Abbott

OVERALL
Strength:

-Fine fit, finish, and craftsmanship
-Excellent materials
-Sturdy and durable
-Quiet
-Product backed by excellent warrenty and customer service.

Fluid resistance unit leaked after less than 3426 miles. I expected an absolutely higher failure point than this. I purchased this unit in March of 2007. Contact with my LBS/manufacturer shows that they are going cover the unit under warrenty.

Performance-
Works fine for my training purposes. I found the resistance curve less than what is found in the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. However, it responds well for the price range. New racers would do well to start with this unit. Higher catagory and seasoned racers might want more resistance.