Kreitler Poly Lyte Trainers

Poly Lyte

[Jun 26, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Top-notch build quality with smooth ride; ease of getting bike on; folds small; forces you to ride smooth.

Tough to change saddle or hand position or drink without swerving off; single resistance choice; relatively pricey

You can really get your heart rate up with rollers, but at first it will be through FEAR, not exertion. While I enjoy spinning on them, for a tough, concentrated workout I prefer a fixed trainer.

Blackburn mag trainer

[Dec 28, 2004]
Oneheart

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality constuction. Excellent training tool.

Absolutely none.

Nothing better period. Quality construction and smooth ride: built to last. I ride these all winter and at intervals during the year to fine tune my riding line. Whenever I find a new rider in our club who has difficulty holding their line in a paceline, I invite them to my house, put them on the rollers and within 30 minutes they are much better riders. I can think of few things in cycling for this price that make such a big difference in your ability to ride well.

Resistance trainers.

[Jan 17, 2004]
BDbike
Racer

OVERALL
Strength:

Good work out harder than the larger drum rollers.

All I can say is that I love them. ride them every other night after work in the winter.

[Jan 31, 2003]
feldenkrais
Racer

OVERALL
Strength:

Kreitler's are simply the best, period!

Absolutely none!

Switched to the "Lytes" from the challengers because I needed more resistance but get bored very easily on the mag or fluid trainer (you can't fall asleep on rollers!). Here's the deal for those of you wondering how much more resistance over the challengers. According to my Polar S510 and regular training, the "lytes" provide about 20-23% more resistance than the challengers. A great workout including the hard ones usually reserved for a resistance trainer.

no need to try others