DT Swiss Onyx Road Rear Hub Hubs

The Onyx line, specially designed for all-rounders, impresses with its very good price/value ratio and trendy design. Onyx hubs fit perfectly in all city and cross country mountain bikes. 100% Swiss made, patent pending.

[Oct 29, 2006]
Balderick

OVERALL
Strength:

Roll well. Well made. Low maintenance

Might be heavy, if that is a concern.

Came with a wheel upgrade when I purchased my Giant TCR Composite. I ride/train/race in all weather and I have never had to touch the hubs. When I purchased them I weighed 123kg, and now weigh 105kg. They roll very nicely, and seem to roll far better than my friends who have Ksyrium SLs (and we did swap bikes to see if it was a mass issue). For an entry level hub, they are great. My next hubs will be DT 240s.

Shimano Deore,XT and Ulterga. Mavic hubs on Ksyrium SLs.

[Aug 11, 2005]
Kalukis

OVERALL
Strength:

Low (ie, no) maintenance

Wish they came in silver

Got them as part of a wheelset built up by Joe Young (www.youngwheels.com). They stay truer longer than the wheels I had built using Shimano hubs--something about flange angle, etc. I'm 240 lbs. and I've had problems with other wheels staying true -- not these.

Shimano 105 & Ultegra hubs.