Crank Brothers Split QR Skewers

This innovative skewer from Crank Brothers features 2 stage closure that let's you get those wheels on real tight, real easy.

[Sep 20, 2014]
M. E. St. T. Rogers

OVERALL
Strength:

The double closure factors and the effective locking of the skewer to the wheel and the bike. I have had a couple of skewers break on me in the middle of a ride, that is not at all a very comfortable feeling at all.

Thus far, I have found none to speak of.

I now have Crank Brothers Split QR Skewers on all 5 sets of my wheels and I do love them. First the split skewer works just fine and the leverage that you get from the first lever is great, it makes the releasing of the second lever so easy that the level of strength is greatly lessened. The other thing that I liked was that I could secure the wheel with one lever and do some fine tuning of the wheel while not having to secure the wheel totally. The other attribute is the variations of colors, as I have three bikes. Thirdly, is the clean lines on the skewers. Fourth the cost, you can at times find these for as much as $65.00 and as low as $35.50. I have been fortunate and have found them over the years between $35.50 and $39.95. Well that is just my two cents.