Continental City Contact Tires - Clincher

Fast, reliable city tire for everyday commuters and messengers. Also makes a great touring tire. For those that value excellent puncture protection and comfort as well as high speed and low weight. Includes Continental's new Safety System technology for puncture protection featuring a layer of kevlar and polyamide belts under the tread to prevent flats. Silica/carbon tread compound provides excellent traction in both wet and dry conditions. Wire Bead.

[Apr 12, 2013]
Seroflorus

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable and reliable ride. Lasted 3 months and 3 weeks of a four month road tour. Not bad, huh?

Reflective sides an look gross when its raining. otherwise, no complaints.

These came stock on my LHT and I used them during one commute summer (60-90 miles per week) on pavement, paved greenway and crushed gravel greenway. Then, I rode them off on a TransAm. They made it from Yorktown, VA to 10 miles outside Baker City, OR before one blew out...used a folded dollar as a patch to get into town. Replaced with an inferior second choice and I missed them. Now, I'm looking to replace the second choices with another set of these.

[Oct 21, 2010]
Brian Aslett

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough
Extremely durable
Grip well in the wet

These tyres are on my cheap hybrid bike which bought when I first got into cycling. For a while it did reasonable distances but now I only use to ride to the gym, shops etc.
It doesn't do big miles now - perhaps a couple of hundred per year. I bought them to replace the Kendas which came with the bike and started to disintegrate after about 18 months.
They were pricy at the time for a leisure bike but These tyres are extraordinary in that they're now 7 years old, have done about 3000 miles, have had one puncture and still look perfect. The tread's fine, there's no sidwall cracking and they hold their pressure well (original conti tubes)I wish my road bike tyres would last half as long!

Kenda

[Jan 12, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

Perfect commuter tire. Low rolling resist. Also if you ride in rain alot they probably don't kick up as much spray.

primarily for pavement. Haven't ridden them offroad, but I can tell you they have no grip on the snow.

I've ridden these for almost a year (3000+ miles). 26x2.1. I ride them primarily in the winter on my MTB commuter bike. They seem to be very tough as I have not had a flat yet. Probably one of the best MTB commuter tires.

Conti Grand Canyon (14000 miles on 1 set), Town & Country (1000 miles and I tossed them in the garbage). Maxxis Holy Roller (for when it snows)

[Jun 23, 2008]
Ted Beidler

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice riding tire

Showed relatively quick wear on the cinder rail-trails (but they do label it "CITY")

We had the 700x32 size on our tandem for just about a year. Nice riding tire, no punctures. We actually liked this tire over the regular CONTACT tire (non-"CITY" version) even on the cinder rail-trails.

Continental "regular" CONTACT tire; older Continental TOP TOURING 2000.