Continental Grand Prix 4 Season Tires - Clincher

Best Price At
Available At

Tough just got tougher with the addition of the Vectran anti-puncture breaker. The ultimate combination of speed lightweight and all-weather performance combined with excellent puncture and sidewall protection. Black casing with added DuraSkin sidewall

[Oct 21, 2017]
Lew

OVERALL
Strength:

Fairly tough, fairly quick.

Not bulletproof, patterned tread, sidewall threads come loose and annoy you.

I switched to this tire as I found GP4000S2's too weak for my debris covered roads, so I thought I'd try these. They have stood up well to the abuse, but instead of getting small sidewall cuts you end up with the outer threads coming loose, from then on you are always pulling them away.

I like these but I can't understand the need for tread on a road bike tire, I much prefer a slick, also the Gatorskin seems much tougher and only gives away 2 watts. Not bad, use them up if you have them, I might come back to these if I'm dissatisfied with other tires I try.

[May 11, 2016]
Oswald

OVERALL
Strength:

Very durable, no flats.

Pricy, not very comfortable despite 28mm size.

I bought a used bike that came with 28mm Conti 4 Season tires. So they had already seen some use. I've done thousands of kilometers over the past 2 years on them and they don't show much wear. They are very durable. I use them mostly in the winter, since they don't seem to flat easily. They lack a bit of grip, probably caused by the hard rubber compound. Despite the high msrp I would recommend them.

Too much to list.

[May 08, 2016]
BruiserBob

Strength:

Sidewall prone to catastrophic failure just above the Kevlar bead. I feel lucky to be alive when mine failed going 51km/h on a mountain descent. A Google search shows numerous examples of these failures in the sidewall.

Poor manufacturing quality. Completely unsafe due to potential for sidewall rupture.

[Jun 18, 2015]
425bulldog

OVERALL
Strength:

I replaced my OEM tires due to 3 flats in about 200 miles. I ride in the eastern half of Washington State where we have lots of puncture vine or (goat heads). The roads are dirty full of broken glass and other sharp objects. Have not had a single flat in about 1500 miles since switching to the GP 4 Season. Overall really happy.

I was hoping to get at least 3000 miles out of them but with small chunks starting to come off I'm not sure they will make it to 2000 miles.

Overall a good tire for the pacific northwest and all of our rain and dirty roads. If you need something with good wet weather grip and puncture protection this is a great option.

[Apr 07, 2013]
John Mairice

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, ride, and grip.

none.

Haven ridden on lots of tires over the last forty years these Conti 4 seasons are my favorite.I have ridden over junk with these that would have punctured most other tires.These still ride nice especially the 28 mm ones I use on my winter bike.One cold wet roads they grip well.The best tire for all conditions around I have found.

[Jan 19, 2013]
M. Smith

OVERALL
Strength:

Supple ride, puncture resistance, traction

Cost (maybe)

The best all weather tire I've owned, and I've ridden too many to recite. 330 tpi provides exceptional ride quality for an endurance tire. Very durable - over 1K miles on dirty, unkept winter roads with no punctures, etc. (road GP 4000s in similar conditions all of 2 rides before experiencing catastrophic side wall blow out. The GP 4000s is an even lighter, better riding tire, but the sidewalls are like paper compared to GP 4 Season...)
I don't agree with reviews criticizing traction. My rule of thumb is to break in new tires over 5-10 miles as they're generally pretty slick right out of the box. And many factors play into traction besides tire design/composition: weather, air temperature, type of pavement, oil/solvents on road, speed, lean angle, etc. If you go into a corner too hot with an aggressive lean angle in poor conditions, you're going to go down even if your tires typically behave like velcro.

[Sep 02, 2012]
Ricky J

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent real world performance in a tough and puncture resistant tire, light weight, very good ride quality, consistent quality control.

Premium price, somewhat fast wearing.

With today's economic realities leading to service cutbacks the road shoulders of San Luis Obispo are in much worse shape than ever, littered with broken glass and metal debris. Were it not for tires like these and the Panaracer T Serv my road riding career might be over! After spending many happy years on the Panaracers I tried the GP4S and came away impressed- they are faster, grippier, more compliant, and about as puncture resistant. To me, they are worth the higher price...the ride is just that much more enjoyable. I'll always keep an eye out for sharp debris (and sweep them up when possible!) but with some peace of mind. KNOCK ON WOOD.

Panaracer T Serv (very good overall), Conti Gator Hardshell (winter / rainy season only)

[Jul 10, 2012]
Freeagent35

OVERALL
Strength:

Very durable. Great grip. Decent weight. Very nice road feel.

Cost, but overall a very good value in light of durability.

I could not disagree more with the negative reviews. I switched from Vredestein Fortezza SE to these last Fall. Our Central IL roads are horrible, with road maintenance consisting of constantly dumping gravel on the roads. I liked the Vreds but on these roads they were rough and did not last. I have been stunned at how much better the GP 4 Season hold up. I am getting 2x the life or better so the cost evens out. If you are careful where you buy them they are not that bad (Try www.velomine.com; Springfield, IL). I have a set of GP 4000s that I am going to try for the Summer, but for the Fall/Winter/early Spring I am sold on these.

[Jun 12, 2012]
Fred

OVERALL
Strength:

Decent ride, great to show off, and good flat protection. Somewhat light and fast.

Overpriced.

Overpriced, over rated tire. Not as good wet weather traction as led to believe, only a little better than gatorskins. It's an okay tire, for the price.... I would look other products.

Conti. Gatorskin.
Maxxis re-fuse
Vittoria Diamente Pro
Kenda Kontender

[May 23, 2012]
Mr. Versatile

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to mount-roll OK-pretty comfy

poor mileage, cut easily

This is an average tire at best. No characteristic stands out as particularly good or bad. IMO they're definitely not worth the premium price at which they're listed. I probably wouldn't buy them on sale unless they were around $30. There are too many other good choices.

Michelin, Schwalbe, Panasonic, Forte', Vittoria, Kenda, other Continentals

• Available At
$49.99
$63.96
$79.95

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.