Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II Tires - Clincher

Best Price At

[Mar 15, 2017]
lew

OVERALL
Strength:

Supple, fast, comfortable, handle well in dry

Can get damaged quite easily, not suitable for winter use or as rear in some conditions

If I was racing or living in a country with smooth debris-free roads this tire would be ideal. However on the rear it can be quite easily damaged. It's quite easy to pinch flat and get a slash, and also get big cuts from glass or metal, so much so that in developing countries or in western countries in the winter it would be better paired with a tougher rear like Gatorskin.

Schwalbe Durano Plus, Specialized

[Jan 08, 2017]
Reginald Morton

OVERALL
Strength:

Its just the best tire, that all

They are very hard to mount but well worth the hassle.

It took me a while to drop the cash on Gp4ks but after the first ride I'm kicking myself for waiting. Simple put, these tires are like riding on silky smooth sticky rails and they completely transform my riding style. Gone are the impulses of fear and uncertainty when entering a corner, instead I power lean more without a hint of losing traction. These tire suck and stick to the road and yet are fast rolling, it's an impossible feat but the Gp4000 feel as if they have magical powers. And did I forget to mention they are above average puncture and wear resistance, I had more flats and more wear with the gaterskins they replaced. After 4 months of daily rides to work and back with 3- 3hr fitness rides per week, I can't find any obvious wear and tear. Did i say that they are great in the rain, also?! Regardless of what they sale for, the GP 4000s are $100 tires and if they sold for more, they'd still be a bargain. Great work Continental, extremely satisfied loyal customer.

[Feb 29, 2016]
T Connell

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, Fast, Low rolling resistance, Great traction

You really need to purchase a pair of these beauties and ride them to appreciate them. I use these for all rides as they are fast and they are also dependable. Tread life out performs all other tires that I have tried. Once I used these I was sold. Been using the GP4000 S and now the GP4000 S II's for years. You can pick up a pair from Merlin Cyles for around $75-$80 bucks with free flight.

[Aug 13, 2015]
Adam's

OVERALL
Strength:

soft ride, less rolling resistance, good grip

expensive $71 at LBS

i had read many reviews about these being difficult to mount so I bought 2 new tyres & mounted them myself outside the bike shop. If you are using just your thumbs then it will be a struggle & you'll need a lever. If you can roll the tire as if you were rolling up a newspaper & incorporate your wrists then you won't need a tool to mount it. Just work an 1" at a time & it's EZ. I did let the tyres sit in the sun for 15 minutes too. Pay attention to the rotational arrow when mounting them.
My old tyres were Specialized all conditions tyres with the rino liner. Understandably these are much nicer & at the 25mm size they are softer than the 23s i had.
my rolling resistance is much less now. My computer shows my down hill speeds noticeably faster 8-10 mph.
They corner well & feel secure in the turns.
My only concern is how puncture resistant will they be?
I'll keep you posted as commute & ride recreationally 150 miles per week.

[Oct 06, 2014]
Audley Yung

OVERALL
Strength:

Very smooth, light, easier to start off at stop lights suprisingly. Decent puncture protection. Grippy even during hard cornering and leaning in wet weather. Don't get TOO crazy though.

A little bit expensive, but if it's just a once every 2 years thing than your safety and comfort is worth it.

Excellent tire for the price, fronts will last well over 2000 miles. Rears will last for about 900-1500 miles depending on the road. very smooth ride, if you want a more concise take on it with some photos of how much abuse this tire can really take click on my more in depth opinion here:

[Oct 04, 2014]
CHRISN

OVERALL
Strength:

GRIP, ROLL FAST

COST

EXCELLENT GRIP, EXCELLENT PUNCTURE PROTECTION, LAST PRETTY WELL,ROLL REALLY FAST, JUST NOT CHEAP

[Aug 22, 2014]
David

OVERALL
Strength:

Fairly durable, great grip, easy rolling.

Not the longest wearing tires out there.

I put a set of these on in the spring, and after 3,000 miles the front tire is still in great shape, but I'm on my second rear tire. This is pretty typical for me. The grip on wet or dry roads is excellent. On dry roads most tires are good. But after a 111 mile ride through the rain I became a believer in these tires as they performed really well and conditions were, well, horrible. The tires are pretty durable, and the only flat I experienced was a pinch flat caused by a pothole I didn't see in time. Overall, just a great all-around tire.

• Available At
$55.99
$69.95

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.