Continental Ultrasport Tires - Clincher

Continental Ultrasport Road Tire has an attractive tread design and a choice of coloured treads that can turn any race bike into a superb visual masterpiece. UltraSport tires make a stunning impact on every training ride and are ideal for newcomers to roa

[Nov 10, 2018]
ashklong

OVERALL
Strength:

None. Absolutely. These tires should be shredded and turned into track mulch.

I have never felt so strongly compelled to murder an inanimate object. Two tubes, many repair kit pieces/parts, and one exceedingly frustrated boyfriend later, I still cannot ride my bike. Why? Because you'll get a flat in these tires if you look at them funny. You'll get a flat in these tires if it's the second Tuesday of the month. You'll get a flat in these tires if the weatherman predicts it will be mostly cloudy today with a chance of showers later in the afternoon. And, god forbid you should try to fix a flat after one occurs (and it will occur, again and again, as sure as the sun rises and sets). You can watch in wonder as your repair tools snap in half from these unrelenting tires, plastic pieces zinging haphazardly into the faces of passersby. And, 45 minutes later, as the Lycra clinging to your arms and legs starts to bead with sweat and mud from having wrestled these tires into submission, you'll ask yourself, "Why didn't I just go for a run today instead?"

Price Paid:
2018
[Feb 26, 2018]
gman107

OVERALL
Strength:

smooth ride. one flat in 3000 miles. cheap.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
[Sep 13, 2017]
v8powerage

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, grip

They don't have "4000 s" on the sidewall, that's why some people will never buy them.

There's so much nonsense in some of the reviews here that I felt I had to write my own.

I've been using those tires for years now, current pair has 20.000km (over bad roads and gravel) on them and I haven't got any puncture until last week, but the rear tire wear indicator almost dissapeared so no surprise here.

These are not slow tires, I often cruise at 40km/h without any effort, they also have very good acceleration, I'm faster than cars off the traffic lights so I'd say they are pretty good. I climb 12% or bigger hills without having to get off the saddle so can't imagine what improvement more expensive tires could give me here effort wise.

They have very durable sidewalls as well, even if you bruise them, which happens when you try to navigate around speed hump, the crack doesn't get any bigger. They also have amazing grip in corners. I have used 23c as well as 25c wire bead type, currently I have 25c, I'm running them at 7.5bar which is in the middle of recommended air pressure.

[Jun 20, 2016]
George

OVERALL
Strength:

Love the way they feel on the bike, smoother than my last set (Continental Super Sport), corner better, feel grippy. Can pump up to 100psi without feeling harsh

After maybe a few hundred miles I got a bulge/twist on the back tire so had to replace it. Did not hit anything that I'm aware of, maybe overinflation due to high temps lately?

Overall still pretty happy with the tires, mount easily, love the feel, and you can find them for ~$20 each, so even with the failure which may have been partly my fault (possible over-inflation) still not a bad value.

Continental Super Sport 27x1 1/8"

[May 24, 2016]
bike 117

OVERALL
Strength:

over 4400 miles they came with my Scott Metrix hybrid just starting to show the bead , used on roads both smooth and rough & plenty of gravel . Mostly on 40/70 mile rides with plenty of hills

just ordered the same tires/ hopefully they perform like the original set

[Apr 02, 2016]
Whaddeva

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Value

Cannot find one

Got them on my new Wheeler Route 1.5 bike. Made 2000+ km in the past 5 months. Not a single problem, great on dry and does pretty well on wet roads, smooth, great control. They do not look tired or terribly worn. Still plenty of life in them. No punctures or flats, hope continues so.

[Mar 08, 2016]
Alfred Loya

OVERALL
Strength:

Can't say.

Not dependable

Purchased new rims put these on ten minutes into ride. Air leaks out from day one on rear tire , front one was fine.

Gator Skins these were great.

[Dec 24, 2015]
Joe Rockbottom

OVERALL
Strength:

Good ride quality

Very poor puncture resistance. Extremely difficult to mount on some rims

5 flats in the first 1000 miles pretty much sums it up. A tire that has extremely poor puncture resistance is not much good no matter if the ride quality is good. These came with the GT Grade X I bought, so I expect they were just the cheapest tire they could find for this price range bike. I use it for commuting. Got a flat the first time I rode it. Nothing extreme, just normal roads i ride on. Compare to 3 flats in 4,000 miles during a full year on Forte Strada-K tires. Additionally, like other Continental tires I've used (4000S0 they are extremely difficult to mount on some rims. 10-15 minutes to get mounted. I'll get rid of these and get something better.

Performance Forte Strada K 28C

[Jul 29, 2015]
Syed Abu Bakar Siddiq Al'Bukhary

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength of this tyre i wouldn't say it's superb but its great. It does well on road surface, cycling path and a little bit of offroad, trust me I've rode my bike with this tyres on offroad sometimes (shortcut to home)

Weaknesses for this tyre hmmmm nothing for now its great as I've never had any issues with Continental ultra sport tyre before.

Rides smooth, pretty fast and does the job. It works better during dry weather but if its raining it's slightly slippery but its 100% managable you can still cut corners with it. For wear probably about 8000 - 10000km and I commute to work everyday 80km to work and 80km back home. It's a great tyre and I've never had any puncher or flats on it.

[Jul 29, 2015]