Continental Ultrasport Tires - Clincher

Continental Ultrasport Road Tire has an attractive tread design and a choice of coloured treads that can turn any race bike into a superb visual masterpiece. UltraSport tires make a stunning impact on every training ride and are ideal for newcomers to roa

[Apr 11, 2020]
cfponcho

OVERALL
Strength:

These tires are great trainers! I'm confused by a lot of the other reviews about these, regarding flats. I am approaching 1000 miles on my pair, and have only experienced two flats with them. I live in Philadelphia, and here we have the Schuylkill River Trail (SRT) to ride on. When riding out the city, there are some sections on bad road, and some sections on gravel along the tow path section. These tires have only help up on the SRT. The two flats I've had were on rides into NJ (go figure). They are great for their price, have decent grip, and have been reliable for myself.

None. These tires have treated me well.

[Jun 02, 2019]
noahthomas77

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks like other Conti tires. Rolls smoothly when new. Really good learning experience. It’s worth spending more to get a tire that lasts.

Tread wore completely flat in 1000 miles, full of nicks and holes. Several flats!! Oh and they’re really hard to install. Broke 2 levers and punch flatted 2 tubes, and I’m an experienced mechanic.

2018
[Apr 29, 2019]
oscarrridin

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, available in good widths.

Many many punctures. You'll save less on the cheap price tyre than you will on fresh inners when it punctures. No wait, you'll save less on the cheap tyre than on the little patches you use to repair them!😂

2019
[Nov 10, 2018]
ashklong

OVERALL
Strength:

None. Absolutely. These tires should be shredded and turned into track mulch.

I have never felt so strongly compelled to murder an inanimate object. Two tubes, many repair kit pieces/parts, and one exceedingly frustrated boyfriend later, I still cannot ride my bike. Why? Because you'll get a flat in these tires if you look at them funny. You'll get a flat in these tires if it's the second Tuesday of the month. You'll get a flat in these tires if the weatherman predicts it will be mostly cloudy today with a chance of showers later in the afternoon. And, god forbid you should try to fix a flat after one occurs (and it will occur, again and again, as sure as the sun rises and sets). You can watch in wonder as your repair tools snap in half from these unrelenting tires, plastic pieces zinging haphazardly into the faces of passersby. And, 45 minutes later, as the Lycra clinging to your arms and legs starts to bead with sweat and mud from having wrestled these tires into submission, you'll ask yourself, "Why didn't I just go for a run today instead?"

included with bike
2018
[Feb 26, 2018]
gman107

OVERALL
Strength:

smooth ride. one flat in 3000 miles. cheap.

2017
[Sep 13, 2017]
v8powerage

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, grip

They don't have "4000 s" on the sidewall, that's why some people will never buy them.

There's so much nonsense in some of the reviews here that I felt I had to write my own.

I've been using those tires for years now, current pair has 20.000km (over bad roads and gravel) on them and I haven't got any puncture until last week, but the rear tire wear indicator almost dissapeared so no surprise here.

These are not slow tires, I often cruise at 40km/h without any effort, they also have very good acceleration, I'm faster than cars off the traffic lights so I'd say they are pretty good. I climb 12% or bigger hills without having to get off the saddle so can't imagine what improvement more expensive tires could give me here effort wise.

They have very durable sidewalls as well, even if you bruise them, which happens when you try to navigate around speed hump, the crack doesn't get any bigger. They also have amazing grip in corners. I have used 23c as well as 25c wire bead type, currently I have 25c, I'm running them at 7.5bar which is in the middle of recommended air pressure.

[Jun 20, 2016]
George

OVERALL
Strength:

Love the way they feel on the bike, smoother than my last set (Continental Super Sport), corner better, feel grippy. Can pump up to 100psi without feeling harsh

After maybe a few hundred miles I got a bulge/twist on the back tire so had to replace it. Did not hit anything that I'm aware of, maybe overinflation due to high temps lately?

Overall still pretty happy with the tires, mount easily, love the feel, and you can find them for ~$20 each, so even with the failure which may have been partly my fault (possible over-inflation) still not a bad value.

Continental Super Sport 27x1 1/8"

[May 24, 2016]
bike 117

OVERALL
Strength:

over 4400 miles they came with my Scott Metrix hybrid just starting to show the bead , used on roads both smooth and rough & plenty of gravel . Mostly on 40/70 mile rides with plenty of hills

just ordered the same tires/ hopefully they perform like the original set

[Apr 02, 2016]
Whaddeva

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Value

Cannot find one

Got them on my new Wheeler Route 1.5 bike. Made 2000+ km in the past 5 months. Not a single problem, great on dry and does pretty well on wet roads, smooth, great control. They do not look tired or terribly worn. Still plenty of life in them. No punctures or flats, hope continues so.

[Mar 08, 2016]
Alfred Loya

OVERALL
Strength:

Can't say.

Not dependable

Purchased new rims put these on ten minutes into ride. Air leaks out from day one on rear tire , front one was fine.

Gator Skins these were great.