Hutchinson Fusion 3 Tires - Clincher

Best Price At

The Fusion 3 offer the best compromise between grip, performance and resistance by using a triple compound design. Hard rubber center to improve wear and resist cuts Lower rolling resistance Softer intermediate rubber t...

[Jan 23, 2017]
Andrew Sparks

OVERALL
Strength:

Sale priced

Thread becomes unglued. Not sure if unglued is the correct term to use.

Biked about 500 miles on these tires and front tire's thread came unglued in several spots. This is the second Hutchinson Fusion 3 that has come unglued after low mileage.

Other models of Hutchinson tires

[Jan 12, 2016]
Chris Ludescher

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to put on/off and good comfortable ride.

Bead is far too weak.

Like many other reviewers, I am at loss to know how these tires are still being sold. I didn't choose them, they came with my Bianchi Infinito and I had a flat on my first outing. I put that down to bad luck. They seemed okay for the first year and under 3,000ks. However last Sunday on a descent through a hairpin bend down a mountain there was a loud bang, and I completely lost control of the bike which had me crashing into the middle of the road. The back tire had blown off the rim, and with a car behind me, I was very lucky to escape with only skin off, a ruined jersey and gilet, and bruising. I have been riding for a long time, and know how to put tires on, and in fact had checked the pressure before I left for the ride (100 only on the back). These tires are downright dangerous and should be avoided at all cost. Buy them only if you want excitement and you want to wonder if you will come home in one piece or at all.

[Nov 03, 2015]
Jeff Nix

OVERALL
Strength:

Look good.

Poorly made, irregular tread distribution around the tire, wobbly when mounted, weak bead.

I bought these Hutchinson Fusion-3 tires off Ebay just to try something different...I'd never bought Hutchinson tires before. After mounting them and fully inflating them, I spun the wheels...VERY wobbly as the wheel turned, eccentric, poor manufacturing/made. Made sure they were seated properly (they were), let the air out, and reinflated. No change. Went in the house to get a coke and heard a loud "bang!". The rear tire had blown out! Bead destroyed! Boxed them up and sending them back for, hopefully, a refund. These are easily the worst tires I've ever mounted on a wheel. Expensive and WORTHLESS! Stay clear at all costs.

Conti, Michelin, Vittoria

[Sep 04, 2015]
Paul

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip and suppleness. I put these on after using the Conti-Attacks and found them more responsive and their 23mm width equals Conti's 22mm.

They may wear a little fast but not concerned. They can be pushed harder than you think... Makes you rethink what you can do.

Rode these during the Haute Route Alps 2015 from day one after debating on purchasing them in the starting area during registration. I needed a 22mm tire width because of my 23mm rims and aero frame narrow seat stays.

During the ride, not one flat! Not one issue. I was considered by my peers to be one of the faster descend'ers in the event and these tires can be pushed so hard it was amazing-never felt in danger of losing traction. I am also an avid sport motorcyclist so I know how to ride two wheels fast and safely. I'm not going back to Conti's anytime soon after riding these.

[Aug 02, 2013]
Gayle Garrigues

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to get off rim

If you like fixing flats this is the tire for you
After a whopping 300 miles I started getting flats on a daily basis
Don't waste your time or money.

Don't buy

[May 09, 2013]
harry tuttle

OVERALL
Strength:

smooth ride, 127 tpi, grip, durability

can be pricey when not on sale, weak-ish bead

was trying out a 25mm front tire looking for some comfort. unfortunately it was cheap and 60tpi. i have 1800 miles on the fusion 3 rear and its still going strong, so i put it up front and put a new fusion 3 on the rear. wow, what a difference. great ride. i am ~165lbs and run 100-105psi. i have had one tire blow off the rim after going over a bad railroad crossing; two others in my group also flatted but without the tire coming off the rim. luckily no damage to the rim (mavic ksyrium elites). no fives in the rating because 1) they ride great but not like a tubular, 2) I have seen $65 MSRP and that is a bit strong, but you can find them on sale.

michelin pro race 3, tufo s33, vittoria rubino,

[Mar 11, 2013]
Mark Morgan

OVERALL
Strength:

Roll well

Inherent weakness in sidewalls or beading or both

I got great milage out of my fusion 2's experiencing no problems whatsover. Thought I'd upgrade to the new model after reading some glowing reviews. Obviously, whoever wrote the reviews didn't spend long enough riding on these tyres because if they did they'd retract everything they said. After riding bikes for 35 years I know how to fit a tyre correctly so I can't blame myself for the accident that occurred the first time I used my new fusion 3's. After just 500 mtrs as I rolled downhill the bloody sidewall on my front tyre blew off the rim and sent me sprawling across the road. One broken rib and about three layers of skin later I limped back home and threw these brand new, dangerous as all hell tyres straight into the garbage bin where they belong. It's not just coincidence, there are way too many people experiencing the same problem and to be honest, I don't know how these tyres are still on the market. They're a disgrace to their makers.

[Jul 10, 2012]
Kickerua

OVERALL
Strength:

Very good puncture resistance — 2 years, zero puncture.
Very smooth ride.

None I known.

It's 3000 miles already done, and I suppose after another 3000 miles I will buy two new fusion 3.

[Jun 11, 2012]
Brooks LIde

OVERALL
Strength:

Good tire with good durability.

None other than they are more difficult to mount than Conti's especially when new.

I have ridden these tires for the last 4-5 years in different iterations (Fusion 2 up through Fusion 3). Usually can find them on sale. They have been very reliable and I have gotten high milage on every one of these tires, much higher than
Conti's or other good tires. I have not had any sidewall trouble that others have complained about. Great tires. I ride 8-10,000 miles a year doing fast group rides.

[May 27, 2012]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

Roll very well - smoothe ride.

Sidewall issues. I have four of these - between two bikes - and after have a sidewall failure, I examined the other three, and two of them are seperating. Less than 200 miles on all. Very very poor.

This tire is dangerous - do not buy!

• Available At