IRC Paperlite Tires - Clincher

Slick tread w/file sides. For racing and time trials.

[Jul 28, 2006]
Peter Strobach

OVERALL
Strength:

light
reliable
inexpensive

no particular weakness found.

I´m using this tire on the front wheel in
combination with Michelin Axial Pro on the rear since 2001. (Received the tires as a
gift).

Best experience in all situations. Best
suited for front wheel application. Very
frew punctures. More reliable than
Conti´s Supersonic at a comparable weight.
Great Price/Performance ratio.

Excellent product.

P.

Conti Supersonic

[Mar 13, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, lively ride. Good traction

No Kevlar protection.

I picked these up at an absolute bargain. The tyre looked so flimsy it made me hesitant to keep it on the bike after a couple of long distance events. Coming into summer I though, "what the heck" and left them on. My commute often goes through a lot of glass. These tyre hardly picked up a shred. I never flatted due to glass. I had 2 punctures due to metal intrusions (not the tyres fault). Before the rear got paper thin and I retired it. Pretty impressed. If they came up again on Special I would definately get them. Ride wise the tyre felt great. Probably only managed approx 2500kms out of the rear, front still going strong.

Vittoria courier, Maxxis Duex Catagory, Xephyr, Ritchey WCS Tom Mix

[Sep 08, 2003]
AndrewA

OVERALL
Strength:

decent tread, I guess

Punctures and pinches very easily

This is one of the worst tires I have owned in recent memory. The number of flats that I have gotten on this tire is approximately 20 in 6 months. The tire punctures easily (even with Mr Tuffy tire liners) and somehow is very prone to pinches even when inflated to 110 psi. Not nearly so many problems using Michelin tires on the same bike and roads. Definitely stay away from this one.

[Jan 24, 2003]
Necro

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, Light.

Cheap, durability, trust in your tires.

Inexpensive, low quality, light tire with poor reliablitity and moderate grip. Fell apart after a few months of riding,

Lots

[Aug 02, 2002]
Rick Wickert

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, good for all around riding

Wears quite fast, not a real pro tire.

Got a great deal for them, much cheaper then "pro" tires. While they don't last as much as my Conti's, I get some 600-700 miles on them with very few flats, a very decent ride overall.

Continental, Michelins.

[Jul 14, 2002]
Patrick Leung

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, inexpensive, supple casing, tough tread.

Hard to find

These are were the most inexpensive tires foldable tires I could find at the time. They have super thin sidewalls that are really supple. They make pinching a 100psi tire to feel like an underinflated one. The are really light tires that mount easily on MA3 rims with michelin strips. I use them on my daily gravel road ride with no problems with durability

Vittoria Georgia Rolls, IRC Roadlite

[Jul 16, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

soft, sticky tyre. handles turns at speed with confidence. great feel for the road.

only last about a 1000 mi. (and that is pushing it!)

they actually feel more supple than the michelins and make a great front tyre. i prefer something more durable and puncture resistant on the back wheel.

if you need an inexpensive set of tyres for club races these are it. if you like to ride in the city or long tours limit it to the front tyre.

conti 3000, mich. axial pros, veloflex

[Feb 13, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Holds high pressure (sidewall specs 130PSI). At this pressure, it feels soft and compliant, yet the ride is fast and handling is excellent.

Usually these tires are nice and quiet, but when descending, I can actually hear a little "squishy" kind of noise. Probably due to the soft rubber compound. I don't hear this noise on Axial Pros.

Excellent tire. Lot cheaper than Axial Pros, but can't find good IRC road tires anymore. Heard complaints of fast wear, but these tires have over 1000 miles and can't see any wear, even on the rear. I guess tire wear is more a function of riding style, roads, and rider weight. I weigh 160. These tires were stock on Litespeed and I bought 1 additional set back in 2000.

Michelin Axial Pro, Michelin Supercomp HD

[Mar 31, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

This tire is the softest ride I have ever had at 130pds of pressure. I have found these to ride like a soft wide MTB tire on soft dirt! They are firm on the corners and hold in the wet!

They are quick to wear! 1000 miles is the most you should expect!

These are the cheapest and BEST tires I have ever ridden and I have spent lots more for far less quality! Great for racing and TT but not the greatest for training mileage!

These ride similer to my Axil Pro's but are half the price!

[Apr 01, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

dirt cheap(free for me!)
smooth as untreaded rubber
faster than knobbies

a bit wide

This tire rode infintessimally better than my worn-down Ritchey tires or my WTB Velociraptors on the road. I found I could go 10-15mph faster down the same hill, had a lot less hand fatigue(maybe I should've duct taped one of those member-friendly seats to my handlebar), and didn't have that annoying buzzing noise at all times(though that could tell me about how fast I was going if I bothered to find out). They were a bit wide for a slick(2"), but great. I don't have them any more because I traded them for a set of wheels(a friend really wanted the tires, I gave in), and now appreciate slicks.

worn-bald Ritchey Z-MAX