IRC Redstorm Street Kevlar Tires - Clincher

IRC Red Storm Street Kevlar Tire 700x23c

[Aug 06, 2016]
Sid

OVERALL
Strength:

cost, but it is not worth it

Poor quality and durability

This is the worst tire I have ever owned and I have been riding a bicycle for 55 years. I bought 4 of them on sale trying to save money, but I will never buy another. Only Twice in 55 years have I been stranded because of tire blowouts and both times I was using these tires. Today I was 23 miles from home when it blew and was able to use a dollar bill as a boot to get within a mile of the house before it blew again. The tire has a 4 inch split in it now (the tire had less than 1000 miles on it). I ride on average over 100 miles per week year around.

I have used all the major brands

[Jul 13, 2013]
Paul W.

OVERALL
Strength:

None.

Bead is defective, many black strings hanging from tire onto brake track.

I had about 100 on my set, and the bead on the front tire disintegrated on a 30 mph descent. I was about 15 miles into my club ride. A 10" section of the bead had been destroyed and shredded. I have never had this happen to a tire before. I ride with 110 lbs. of pressure. I have had good luck with IRC's before, but this is probably just another example of Chinese manufacturing. Back to Bontragers.

[Jul 31, 2012]
Kent Fossgreen

OVERALL
Strength:

Good ride quality, durable, resistant to damage and flatting, CHEAP!

I've put a thousand miles on my first set of these tires, and they are hands down the best deal I've found. Their ride quality, longevity, and resistance to flats easily equals tires that cost twice as much or more. They seem pretty impervious to sidewall damage too--way better than several (much) more expensive tires I've ridden. They corner decently even on wet pavement, better than I expected for a slick tread tire. I don't know how they can do 120TPI and a folding bead at this price ($29.95/pair!) but I hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting this review.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.