Mavic Yksion Powerlink Tires - Clincher

Best Price At

Rely on the Mavic Yksion PowerLink features to make the difference in accelerations. It has been thought to match with the performance of Mavic R-Sys, Cosmic and Ksyrium clincher wheel-tyre systems. Associated to Yskion GripLink on the front, you get a re

[May 17, 2018]
zosocane

OVERALL
Strength:

Very nice-looking tires, especially if you have Mavic wheels, as the logo on the sidewall complements the logo on the rims.

After 3 rides, I punctured the rear tire. Can't say I'm surprised, because all the reviews uniformly point out the tire's susceptibility to flatting as its greatest weakness.

Purchased:
New
[Apr 18, 2018]
theGazman

OVERALL
Strength:

After a high speed descending crash I felt compelled to put Mavic Yksion tyres back on my Cosmic Carbone's so leave no stone unturned in regaining my confidence. At the same time I switched from 23 to 25.

The ride feel's nice but these are the softest, quickest wearing tyre ever. Last week, brand new set I had a sudden lock up when cut off by a motorist. Expecting to see a decent rash on the tyre, it had gone through the canvas so deep and wide that I was happy to make it home and fit a replacement. I am now selling the stock that I have and going back to GP4000's.

Price Paid:
2017
[May 27, 2017]
Tommy Maes

OVERALL
Strength:

there is none the rubber on them is like a pencil eraser compound they came with my new mavic wheels used them for 300 miles got rid of them.

poor wear rubber compound cracks to soft of rubber. I bought contis 4000 S2 the best.

Don,t buy them save your money for a pair of contis 4000S2.

Conti 4000S2

[Jun 25, 2016]
J Macrae

OVERALL
Strength:

Good grip
Comfortable ride

Fragile tread
Wear out too quickly

I bought the Mavic Yksion Pro Powerlink 25mm (rear only) from my LBS. It has lasted me less than 6 months, which would equate to no more than 1900 miles. In 8 yrs of cycling I’ve not had a more disappointing tyre, in terms of longevity. By comparison, I have had 2,500 miles from both a Michellin Pro racing slick and Maxxis Detonator, and 3,700 miles from the Continental Grand Prix 4000S II, which is similarly priced.
In this case, I’ve had to change the tire rather promptly, after finding a 4" gaping split in the tread revealing the threads in the middle of the tire. This is accompanied by many smaller splits with minor thread reveals around the rest of the circumference, and significant pitting and cuts from road debris. To be fair to Mavic, the longest split is over the overlap of my neoprene tire liner, but that has not been an issue with any other tyre that I’ve used with liners in the last 7 yrs. Showing this to the LBS manager on our ride, he observed that I must have had an emergency braking lock-up, but again, I’ve had that on other tires without this level of wear.
We can talk about speed and grip of tires, but these can’t be quantified outside of a lab. For what we’re getting, bicycle tires are expensive enough, but we should be able to expect reasonable longevity if we’re paying for a more expensive option – and for that, this tire just doesn’t cut it. Sorry.

[Jun 19, 2016]
Scott Nelson

OVERALL
Strength:

Low rolling resistance, Great grip in the wet, fast, look great, feel good on the road.

Wear out somewhat quickly.

I absolutely love these tires but at just under 700 miles i have a few small holes in the tire surface. People are saying these are poor in the wet weather. I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area and commute 20 miles every day and I found just the opposite is true. These tires grip well in the rain, and I have ridden is some serious rain here. I swapped out the Yksion Pro 25 PowerLink and grip link in the front for gatorskins. Went for my first ride on them this morning, about 25 miles. They felt stiff, which is ok with me, I did feel less cushion between the road and tire. Even though i felt that i was maintaining a normal speed, the Gatorskins felt slow, again not saying they are slow, just that they felt slower and heaver. I look forward to getting a few hundred miles on these to really assess their value, but I have ordered a Yksion Power link for the rear just in case these don't work out.

Just purchased Gatorskins yesterday 18 June 2016.

[Dec 01, 2015]
Chodok

OVERALL
Strength:

Supple, low rolling resistance, good grip and light weight

Wear out quickly; tires’ texture has tiny bubble just like sponge

I’ve been riding a set of Griplink and Powerlink for 1,000 miles and I love the riding quality I get. They provide good grip in dry and clear water well in wet condition. They are smooth on rough tarmac and sharp in corners. No any puncher so far ?
However, the surface of the tire is fragile and scratched easily. When the surface is rubbed, it leaves a lot of small holes like sponge. Even though Mavic designs a bit harder rubber for Powerlink (the rear specific) but it’s still wear out so fast.

[Jul 02, 2014]
Paul S

OVERALL
Strength:

Look good. Low rolling resistance.

Tread too thin and poorly bonded. Delaminates too easily.

These came standard with my Mavic Ksyrium SLS. I think they're narrower than the stated 23mm - more like 21. I've ridden them in the wet and found the grip to be just OK - nothing startling. My biggest problem is, that after just 400 Km of having no flats, or cuts even, I got a puncture yesterday. No biggie I thought, just some rubbish some construction workers left on the road. I put in a new tube in and off I went. Today, that little cut, that I hardly noticed, has spread almost all the way across the tread, and opened up into a sizeable hole (that will collect rubbish and cause more punctures). The tread is delaminating around the cut. These tires are hard to cut/puncture, but when they do - it's good bye tire! I'm going back to my Conti GP 4000s.

[Jun 18, 2014]
Charlie Pouget

OVERALL
Strength:

These are my go-to tyres; I've put 2000 miles through my last two pairs, and haven't had a single puncture. They roll well in the dry and I feel confident in the wet; much more so than on Gatorskins, which I used to run. At twice the price of these, they last twice as long. The fact that the different compounds in these front/back specific tyres wear at different rates is great, they need changing at the same time, so no need to switch tyres round or replace one and forget about the other. Highly recommended.

I commute loads, it's a shame I don't have room for two spare tyres in my bag, because I'd have one of each on hand for any accidents. I have to settle for a Gatorskin instead.

Hard wearing, reliable, grippy tyres which have never let me down. If you don't want to have to worry about your wheels, get these.

[Jan 05, 2014]
Rob D

OVERALL
Strength:

They look great with my Mavic SLR Ksryiums. Quite low rolling resistance. I like to low profile look too.

Very poor grip in the wet. You feel every bump in the road.

I started using these tires as they came I my new wheels (which I'm very happy with). My previous wheels were Conti GP 4000s. In the dry I'd rate the Powerlinks superior to the GP 4000's in terms of rolling resistance. In the dry they are also quite sticky around corners.

The problem I found out was that in the wet they have also no grip. I entered a corner I ride all the time in the wet on GP 4000's and came straight off my bike on the Powerlinks. No warning just all of a sudden no bike underneath me.

So if you can guarantee you're never going to get stuck on your bike in a rain storm, great, otherwise use conti's.

[Jan 04, 2014]
Jim - Ohio

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability

None - this was my first set of tires that generally cost (list) > $50 apiece

ProLink & GripLink tires came with the MAVIC Ksyrium SL S rims (I upgraded over stock) on new FELT F4 in DEC 2013. Had well over 3,000 miles on both before rear tire wore out. Still running original front / GripLink. I had one rear flat - caused by hitting unavoidable stone while in paceline. This was my first set of this brand of MAVIC tire. Will try again. Rims also with no issues for my 185 lb

• Available At