Maxxis Columbiere Tires - Clincher

Maxxis' Columbiere handles it all! The slick siped tread delivers confidence wherever your riding takes you. Plus, the 2-ply nylon belt fends off...

[Jul 25, 2016]
john

OVERALL
Strength:

Reliable, good grip, fast tire.

none I've noticed

I've ridden over 600 miles on these, and they were already 2 years old, and had no problems at all. I like them and will select them again.

[Jan 27, 2013]
Miguello

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, grippy, smooth riding even on broken or grooved blacktop pavement.

None really. I have an aluminum single speed, and it rode HORRIBLE at 100 psi with these tires. I lowered the pressure to 85psi, and the bad ride was gone.

You guys that are having multiple flats on these, read the sidewall? Does it mention ANY kind of flat protection? Nope, it does not. Don't blame the tires for the roads you ride on. The debris on your roads is what's causing your flats, not the tires. Get some tire liners, heavy duty tubes, or tires with flat protection.

With that said, I am totally satisfied with these tires so far. Very good ride, and great handling. I love the way they sing on rough paved roads. Call me weird but I like that sound these tires seem to make when you're cruising along at 15-20mph.

[Jul 31, 2012]
hoova

OVERALL
Strength:

great grip

i may be lucky but i think these tyres are absolutely great,great grip in all conditions,longevity compared to many dearer tyres,i know you have to make compromises with durability and performance but i really do find it hard to fault these tyres.

[Jul 07, 2012]
Marianne

OVERALL
Strength:

Very smooth ride when pumped to 100-105 psi
I have ridden thousands of km on them
Like the tire very well.

Only available in black! Would like blue

Great tire
Nice light weight

[Nov 23, 2011]
Tim Mulligan

OVERALL
Strength:

They lasted one month ( <700 miles).

They failed in less than one month.

I loved the bike (Giant Seek1) so much that when it was stolen I immediately went and purchased another. First thing I did was replace the tires. On my first bike (that was stolen) the tires were good for about a month and then they started flatting on a regular basis. One had a cord pop and produced a lateral bump in the tire. At that point I replaced both. A friend with a Seek 2 had a similar experience with the same stock tires.

Armadillo

[Jul 07, 2011]
obli.que

Flats galore!

These tires came on my Giant Seek 2 which I got last fall. Enjoyed the sleek thread pattern which even seemed to work fine in the rain. Did approximately 700 km on them last year and had no problems.

This year I am at a bit more than 1000 km (total) and I have already already had five flats on them. I scoured the interior and found fine metal splinters which I think may have been from the tire itself. The treads are fine, and the bike was stored inside for the winter. Has not been too hot this year. The other reviews here have confirmed that I just need to get new tires.

[Mar 22, 2011]
par125

flat resistance

I have the 700 x 32. I loved them at first fast, light and grippy, however I have had a flat 5 out of my last 6 rides. I am taking these off my bike and never riding them again.

[Nov 09, 2010]
Simon

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, grippy, handle well in the wet, easy to change (the one time I had to)

None so far and I have been riding them for 14 months

I am very surprised to read the so many other reviewers have had issues with this tyre; I think they are great. From memory I have had one puncture and I ride 75km a day via major trucking routes in the Western suburbs of Melbourne where the roads are strewn with broken glass, bolts, metal shards... you name it. I also ride a single speed commuter that is fitted with Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres (the toughest I have come across) and have had more flats on those than I have on the Maxxis ones. I think with flats it quite often comes down to luck, my commute is living proofs of that. Anyway, back to the tyres, I am more of a MTB XC rider but do commute almost every day and often do long road rides on weekends. The Columbieres came standard on my Cannondale Six, I asked the sales person at the time of purchase about them and he said they were a competent tyre and to ride them till they wore out before replacing them, I am sure glad I took his advice. I believe the Columbiere to be a fast tyre with great grip and good cornering abilities. Keep up pumped over 100psi at all times and you'll enjoy these tyres for many km of riding, just as I have.

[Jan 13, 2010]
BenH

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to mount/unmount which you need of course to fix all the flats.

Terrible puncture resistance.

Flats flats flats

I'm around 160 lbs. I rarely flat but I do commute in Seattle on these and of course the roads are wet and have plenty of grit. These tires seem to attract punctures like no others I've tried.

Other than that they're great ... but

[Nov 26, 2009]
Luc Saint-elie

OVERALL
Strength:

Good handling even under the rain, fas large tire

No puncture protection, the only tire able to provide two or three consicutive flats during the same ride.. a commuter nightmare

These tires came with my german Centurion CrossSpeed bike.
A cross bike I use to commute to my office (40km/day)
The Columbiere is a strange product.
- On one side its a great tire, fast, confortable (700x32), great handling (even under the rain)
- One the other side it ha s absolutely NO protection against puncture, so each time the tire sees a debris it punctures.

It happen sometimes that I had two or three flat the same day.

I my humble opinion, it's a tire to avoid even if its a peasant product between two flat.
To be noticed : the rythm of punctures accelerated after 900 km, when new it was "less worse".

Continental Sport Contact

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.