Maxxis Columbiere Tires - Clincher

Maxxis' Columbiere handles it all! The slick siped tread delivers confidence wherever your riding takes you. Plus, the 2-ply nylon belt fends off...

[Aug 31, 2009]
NE_fsrxc

OVERALL

Follow up to previous review. After approx. 400 miles, already showing signs of wear. Flat groove forming on the rear. Will probably switch front to rear to extend the life. A little disappointed. Even for a racey tire, should get more life out of them. I'm 6' 157lbs.

[Jul 22, 2009]
Doug

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light. High PSI. Fast rolling. Durable.

None so far. Advertised as a racing tire, but they seem pretty versatile.

These tires are underrated in context of this site. I've had terrific luck with these. I ride on some rough New England roads. I've never had a flat and i've never felt unconfident in the grip or durablity of these tires. Those riders who get rips and punctures and tears..what are you riding over? Scrap metal?? These tires are tough and surprisingly light. My pair way just over 200 grams per tire. That's well under the stated weight. The roll extremely fast. I usually inflate to 120+. The aren't the most elegant rolling at that pressure. Drop the PSI 10 and the ride transforms into a smooth and predictable feeling.

Specialized Mondo Pro and All Condition Pro.

[Jul 13, 2009]
whtabtroadbike

OVERALL
Strength:

Roll very nicely when holding air

puncture at the mere sight of debris

These came stock on the giant seek2 and I questioned the salesmen and he assured me they were great tires. I have had so many flats I lost count. They left me stranded in downtown Detroit after 3 flats in one day. I ended up with a large tear clear through in the rear. I replaced them with michelins the next day.

[Jul 13, 2009]
bob

OVERALL
Strength:

roll very nicely when they hold air

get a flat just looking at debris

These came stock on the giant seek2 and I questioned the guy at the bikestore and he assured me they were great tires. I have had so many flats I lost count. They left me stranded in downtown Detroit after 3 flats in one day. I ended up with a huge split clear through the rear. Totally unusable. Replaced them with michelins the next day.

[May 29, 2009]
Jesse

OVERALL
Strength:

light, grippy, 130psi, fast

hard to find a replacement

Great tire - I put over 3000 miles on these tires, including many commute miles with road gravel, glass, etc. Never a flat. Rear tread slightly worn - time to replace.

continental, hutchinson, vittoria

[Oct 03, 2008]
Dan

OVERALL
Strength:

Great value, nice ride and very durable

They don't last forever

Comfortable, nice ride, and very durable

Rubino Pro

[Sep 04, 2008]
majorpain1251

OVERALL
Strength:

Very good wear, did not flat, cornered with confidence

harsh ride

These were the tires that came on my Synapse. The rear tire was cut badly at 1500 miles and had to be replaced. The front tire had 4000 miles and had never flatted. These tires cornered well but at 130 psi were a little harsh.

Hutchinson Carbon Comp, Continental Gatorskin, Vittoria Rubino

[Jun 19, 2008]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality tire overall

Sensitive to bad roads - Kevlar shouldn't rip the way it did.

The Maxxis Columbiere tires came stock on my Cannondale Six13 with Shimano 561 wheels which feel like rolling rocks, but are necessary on Boston roads. After 800 miles, I received my first flat (rear tire) after riding over potholes, train tracks and post-winter gravel. However my first flat was caused by a clear slash in the tire and now the tube is exposed. Hey, I needed to get home. I weight between 190-200 and the tires held up quite well.

Continental - various clincher and tubular types.

[Jun 11, 2008]
shotgunsi

OVERALL

This tires came stock on my Scott Sub bike, in 700x32 size. I do weekly commuting on some roads that get a lot of car traffic, with sometimes a lot of debris on the road. I've gotten one tube puncture and one tire/tube puncture in the last month. These tires seem very soft and wear pretty fast for the riding I do.
Would not recommend them for a commuter.

[May 09, 2008]
kwa

OVERALL
Strength:

durability, looks, weight

price,

Had a set on my System 6. Love em. grippy and gives good road feel. Wear seems to be really good too. I ride the same routes/road all the time and they seem to holdup well compared to mich pro race models, which gets cut-up. I guess the pro race are really, really soft compound.

pro race, rubino pro, bontrager race-lite