Michelin Power Competition Tires - Clincher

Best Price At
Available At

According to Michelin the new Power Competition tires provides a 10-watt power gain compared with the Michelin Pro4 Service Course, which is equivalent to 85 seconds when traveling 35kph for 40km.

[Nov 21, 2018]
dguillor

OVERALL
Strength:

A sweet ride. I really enjoyed it for the short time that it lasted.

Very thin sidewalls! I noticed how thin they were when I put them on. My concern was well founded because they only lasted a couple of weeks before they had a bulge in the sidewall where there was a cut. My riding was entirely on paved roads with little debris.

Purchased:
New
[Dec 04, 2017]
mness

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip; Ride smoothness; Weight; Flat resistance is much better than the Michelin Pro4

Tight fit makes them hard to get on when new, but they stretch after being on the bike awhile.

I've put about 2,000 miles on these so far, and am just at the point of having to replace the rear tire due to wear. The front is still fine. I'm 170 lbs and run 105 / 100 PSI.

The GRIP is fantastic - fast mountain descents are like riding on rails, lean these things into a turn and they hang on. They've definitely raised my speed and only guts hold back. The ride is a little noticeably smoother than the Pro4. The weight is supposedly lighter than the Pro4.

These are vastly better than the Michelin Pro 4 that I had prior. The Pro4's were terribly prone to flats. Those were the only road bike tires that, when I got a pinch flat, it actually pinched through the TIRE not just the tube. Happened a couple of times.

In 2,000 miles and nearly a year of riding, I think I've gotten one flat on these POWER COMPETITIONs.

I got them for $35-$39 per tire from UK sellers (ProBikeKit, BikeInn) versus over $60 in the US.