Michelin Pro4 Service Course Tires - Clincher

Best Price At
Available At
Available At

This is a tire for the cyclist who needs the most speed at any cost. The Michelin Pro4 Comp Limited Service Course delivers on this as Michelin?s fastest tire, allowing the cyclist to cover four additional meters per minute for the same input compa

[Jul 16, 2018]
bottecchia

OVERALL
Strength:

Have great rolling resistance very smooth and supple ride

After 1000 miles no noticeable thread wear but tire just had formed a deformation in it out of the blue and when you rode it you could feel the bump where it was I was very dissapointed with the quality of this tire

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
[Jun 23, 2018]
spliteee

OVERALL
Strength:

Very smooth riding.

Within less than 300 miles I noticed the tread delaminating from the casing, the sidewalls with multiple cracks, and the tire deforming with an ominous bulge. Absolute garbage!

Purchased:
New
[Aug 24, 2017]
Lance

OVERALL
Strength:

They do handle quite well and the traction rubber wears well.

Casing is junk - to the point of being dangerous to use. I have had great success for years, decades, with Michelin tires. I used to train on cheaper Michelins, but now (I'm rich) I got into sport/race tires. "Pro" line was not cheap but terrific performance, durability, flat resistance. I've used all the brands but settled on Michelin over a decade ago... I recently went through 4 Pro 4 Comp tires (bunch of gift tires given to me). Total junk at any price. But, these retail for over $80 w tax!!! Inspect every 20mi, and pray you make it home...

These tires are a fraud. I weigh 135 but blow the sides out, slash tread, and totally shred the casing in a few hundred miles. Michelin, something went wrong with these tires. Even Panaracer beats this tire.

[May 05, 2017]
John Hall

Side walls shredding after only 100 miles

These tyres are RUBBISH. The side walls are breaking up after only 100 miles, they are not even in contact with the road. My supplier is giving me all sorts of excuses as to why its my fault i.e. my weight and tyre pressure. I'm 11 stone and run them at max 8 bar. If they manufacture them to such close tolerances then they shouldn't sell them

[Sep 09, 2015]
RAYMOND

OVERALL
Strength:

light tire

got cracks in 245 miles took them off and thew them away

dont buy this tire

[May 13, 2015]
MBPYYC

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazing grip. Comfortable ride. Durable.

None that I've encountered.

I put a pair of 25C size on my bike before heading to Mexico for a week of training on some very rough roads, wrapping up with a 180 km race at the end of the week. I came away thoroughly impressed with their handling, speed, and most importantly their durability on roads that ranged from extremely ragged chip seal, to gravel, dirt, and cobbles that make European cobbles feel like the Autobahn. They were very confidence inspiring on the long winding downhills in the mountains, and before I knew it I was leaving my training partners far behind as I carved down the mountain roads. All in all, these rank up among the best tires I have used.

At this point I have about 2,000 kms on them and they're still performing like new with almost no signs of wear.

[Mar 24, 2015]
John A. Coleman

Strength:

The tire sidewalls are the WORTHLESS.

I purchased a set of Michelin Pro 4 Service Course tires for my Cannondale Evo road bike. I mounted the tires on my lighter road wheels I use strictly for events and not for training. After approximately 750 - 1000 road miles I began to notice severe cracking in the sidewall material. I was somewhat upset about the cracking issue and took my wheels into my local dealer. They said the tires looked terrible. They contacted Michelin for me and Michelin agreed to warranty the tires. I thought cool, a company that stands behind their products.

The celebration was short lived, I received the warranty replacement tires and mounted them. In approximately 500 miles I began having flat after flat on my rear Michelin Pro 4 tire I inspected the exterior tread surface and the interior tire casing for thorns or defects. No noticeable road debris or defects were found. Finally after going through half a dozen inner tubes I discovered the cause for the tubes failing. The ply in the sidewall fabric mesh had separated and was allowing the inner tube to protrude outside the tire (similar to a hernia). I took the Michelin junk off my bike and through them in the trash. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THESE TIRES. Buy Continental GP 4000s and be confident in your tires.

[Dec 15, 2014]
fast ferd

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent handling and road feel. Solid durability at about 3,000 miles. No cuts or cracks on either tire, and I ran over a number of potholes, rocks, and glass. Good adhesion on wet roads. Superior rolling resistance.

None I could detect

Wonderful tire that always mounts and rolls straight and true. Thin sidewalls render a nice ride. Easily found online for less than $40ea. Understand that the trade-off for low-ish mileage is superb handling and cornering in dry or wet.

[Aug 10, 2014]
Z Syed

OVERALL
Strength:

Yes, they are light and if hold onto for 2000 miles, probably a great product

The tire cracked and pop open both front and back tubes at two rides. Both happened after climbing a hill and its on the side of tire so forsure not a puncture and also it has a slit rupture as if someone used a surgical knife to put a cut. Close look shows that its parallel with thread design. I inflate to 100psi (well below max) and my combine weight of bike and me is less than 200lb, so at this point I am strongly protesting with both bikeshop that sold it and Michelin. Will update as I hear more.

Its insane, spent twice as much as my old Vittorio pro slick and last less than 200 miles. Absolutly no faith in these tires. Look fwd to what Michelin and bikestore seller offer as explanation for this.

[Sep 23, 2013]
Turbokirbo

OVERALL
Strength:

Corner well and hang tight to the road in all conditions. Roll very well and fairly light.

I have flated 5 times this season! Way too much for a high dollar race tire. I can't count on them any more.

Actual rolling performance is very satisfying but the poor quality to hold up to any road debris is not worth the risk of shelling out the cash for them. They have let me down too many times.

• Available At
$74.99
$74.99

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.