Panaracer Stradius Elite Tires - Clincher

Turn the corner more quickly and with more confidence weave through the competition faster than anyone else because of a marvelous new material based on the highly regarded Silica ZSG compound.

[Aug 07, 2020]
jeffbozo

OVERALL
Strength:

Punture very easy. Hard to mount when new. No problems when pulling off or on after a couple of miles on them (as I soon found out). If anyone has had good luck with these tires please post a review!

Purchased:
Used
[Jun 24, 2009]

OVERALL

Front tyre blow out after 1000km caused a heavy fall. I at least expected these tyres to get me through a summer's training. Suffice to say I wouldn't recommend these to anyone and will not be buying panaracer again.

[May 17, 2009]
Jeff Smith

OVERALL
Strength:

???

Dangerous

Whoah, I crashed at the bottom of driveway on my first ride. The front wheel just washed out like I was on oil. It was dry! I was only going 5 mph. Be very careful if you use this tire! Wait, I was being careful and I still crashed.

[Aug 30, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

flat resistant, inexpensive.

weight, hard to install

great tire. extremely flat resistant.have to apply heat to tire to install as tire is a very tight fit. over 4000km on set without flat.

[Dec 09, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, seems to wear well. Over 3000 km on the rear with no flats.

Sidewalls cracked very early in life. They feel a little sketchy in the wet.

They look crummy after a few months, but surprisingly have outlasted more expensive tires. (Price is Cdn$)

Specialized "flak jacket", Continental GP.

[Jul 07, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Puncture resistance Durability Easy to install on Velocity and Xero-lite rims.

Quite a bit wider than most other 700x23 tires (for some this may be a strength) Difficult to install on Velomax and Campagnolo rims

As hard as it is for me to say this (my bike is all-Euro), it is a fantastic tire. I have never had a flat with these tires and they have put in over 2000 miles on the road and the rear was my "trainer tire" all winter. I finally had to replace the rear tire as it had squared off due to use on the trainer.

Vittoria Open Corsa Vittoria Open Pave Schwalbe Stelvio Schwalbe Stelvio Evolution Kenda Kaliente Iron Cloak Michelin ProRace2 Hutchinson Team Fusion tires Vredestien Fortezza SE/Tri Continental

[Jul 03, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Mileage, smooth ride.

nothing special for mine.

Mounted fine on my Mavics. Had 2 flats in 3 tires over 2,600 miles. THe rear lasts me over 1,500 miles WITHOUT rotating (I am 170 lbs). The front has gone the full 2,600 and looks nearly new. I keep 120psi rear, 116 front and they ride quite smooth. Traction is better than the Michelins (oops--spelling) i was using for training and wet weather traction is much, much better but still not as good as Contis I have used. Have done fine over short sections of gravel--not sidewall damages. Very good value for the price for training. Far superior to cheaper Michelins.

Continentals 3000, Michelins, specialized.

[Apr 15, 2005]
zensuit

OVERALL
Strength:

Wear very slowly Easy to find at low prices

Cornering, descending

These might be okay tires for flat, straight road work like time trialing, but I wouldn't use them for Crits or road races with any descents. They had a tendency to chatter on descents and feel very sketchy during sharp cornering. I used them for about 1000 miles and then stripped them off for cheaper Vredesteins that hold the road better.

Michelin, Vredestein, Hutchinson

[Aug 09, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light Great feel Bead seats well Price (when on sale)

A little tough to get on the rims, but the average joe should be able to handle it.

These tires are a huge improvement over the model they replaced, the Category Elite. Yes, they are tight. I did have a little difficulty getting the tires on the rims, but once on, they seated very well. They seem much more sturdy than the Cat. Elites too. Seems like they should last quite a while. I've only ridden on them once though so we'll have to wait and see. They feel great on the road. Nice and nimble. Got these with kevlar bead on sale on Nashbar for $15/ea... What a deal... Reg price is $30/ea. I would give 5 peppas for value but I'll have to wait to see how they wear over time.

Panaracer Catagory Elite (Cheap price, cheap product) Conti. GP Supersonic(Excellent tire but too expensive for every day use. Great for races though)

[Aug 03, 2004]
sulman

OVERALL
Strength:

They are round.

They don't fit.

NOT RECOMMENDED...even for cheap training tires. I wholeheartedly echo Dinasaur's remarks below. These tires were almost IMPOSSIBLE to mount on my Ritchey OCRs. No way would I want to put up with that nonsense out on the ROAD. I am returning them.

Contis.