Panaracer Stradius Tires - Clincher

The Stradius uses an exclusive ZSG (Zero Slip Grip) compound with silica technology and high-performance polymers for the ultimate combo of all-conditions grip and low rolling resistance. The multi-layer SharkSkin casing improves ride suppleness, stiffness and durability. In an independent test, the Stradius proves superior in speed, cornering grip, durability and comfort.

[Aug 07, 2020]
jeffbozo

OVERALL
Strength:

high pressure / low rolling resistance. These things help me keep up with guys riding Aero wheels on high speed descents

Purchased:
Used
[Aug 15, 2011]
Mike Vail

OVERALL
Strength:

None.

Little durability.

Just put the Stradius Pro on in March and the treads have worn through already after abour 1000 miles and I was walking for miles yesterday after two flats on the back tire. I am a heavier (235 lb) biker but had Continentals that lasted for 5 years plus. Amazed at the poor quality.

I am going back to Continentals.

[Dec 16, 2009]
rockthrowjoe

OVERALL
Strength:

Very fast and light with low rolling resistance. I felt an immediate improvement in my speed. Make great christmas gifts for your "worst" biking enemies and competition!! ;-) You can watch them speed ahead (due to their lightness) with the quiet confidence that you will soon be passing them on the side of the road while they're fixing a flat!!!

Flat like nobody's business. Seriously, 3 flats in my first 70miles? C'mon.

I had the "Pro" version of these tires, and the only thing you will become Pro in with these tire is FIXING FLATS!!! Seriously, in my first 70miles I got 3 flats. I immediately took these off my wheels and returned them and got me some Vredestein's!!! I LOVE those, I was never sure what "supple" meant until I rode my Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps. :)

They actually are very light and quick, but when you factor in the time you will spend fixing flats they become VERY slow.

Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp, Forte GT2 Kevlar, Michelin Dynamic.

[Jan 10, 2009]
lesizz

OVERALL
Strength:

They ride nice when they are not flat. 150 lb per sq in capacity.

The weakness is that the casing is weak.

Expect a flat tire every 50 miles. Plain and simple. Use these if you want an excuse to fondle your wheels frequently.

Vittoria Open Corsa. Much better results.

[Oct 04, 2007]
Randy

OVERALL
Strength:

150 Psi rating

Total vulnerability to punctures!

I bought a new set three days ago monted them last night. I then started a fifty mile training ride that I do two or three timed a week. I had both tires flat befor I had ridden 7 Miles! I have had only one other flat in 3500 miles of riding this year. dont buy this tire!! They are a crazy waste of time and money.

Continenpal Grand Prix's, Mitchelin Pro's, Hutchuison Fusion Comps.

[Sep 14, 2007]
Ken

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty colors

Condoms are stronger!

Stay away! I've been riding for 10 years and these are, without a doubt, the worst tires I've ever owned. I had several rides ruined by blow outs.

Just about everything else

[Jun 19, 2007]
mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looks. Nice ride.

Poor durability. Many flats.

I liked the tire, but its durability sucked. After 600 miles, I finally needed to retire them. My last flat occurred 4 miles after the previous flat.

Bontrager Race

[Aug 02, 2006]
Jim R

OVERALL
Strength:

Inflatable to 150psi.

Relatively comfortable ride.

Lot and lots of flats. These things flat so easy and I can't even beleive it.

I am a clydesdale (6’1” and 215lbs) and I rode these tires for several seasons and thousands of miles because I liked to ride 'em at about 140psi. They have a max psi of 150. I couldn't find another tire that would handle that much pressure, so I continued to ride these.

Well, I couldn't figure out why I was always having more flats than everybody else. I thought it was because of the high pressure and my fat ass, etc. I just continued to change flats several times a year and continued to get frustrated. Probably had a flat every 300-400 miles or so.

Then I needed to replace a set and could not readily get the Panaracers, so at the urging of a few friends, I bought some Continental Grand Prix 3000s. In 5000 miles, I've only had one flat and that was because the valve stem broke off. I’m able to ride the 3000’s at about 125psi and it works out just fine.

Long story, (no so) short - Unless you like to fix flats, stay away from these tires.

Continental Grand Prix 3000

Hutchison

[Sep 30, 2002]
magellan

Strength:

tread nicks easy, though I only had one slow leak flat at the very end. These things could use a layer of kevlar. The blue ones seem to nick easier than the black ones.

Tires lasted 2300 miles before I had to retire them. There was plenty of tread left, but the sidewall developed cracks and there were too many nicks in the tread that went through the casing. Still, not bad mileage for grippy tires. Great deal if you get them on sale (what value rating based on - not sticker price).

Forte Pro

[Sep 19, 2002]
coonass

OVERALL
Strength:

Low resistance feel and one flat in 3 yrs.

Fantastic, secure ride on any surface, wet or dry.

Mich Axil Pro & Conti GP3000