Performance GT2 Road Tire Tires - Clincher

[Nov 24, 2020]
fritzsara5225

OVERALL
Strength:

I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. Our metal roofing are very durable for any harsh weather.

I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made.

Purchased:
New
[Oct 26, 2020]
jeffbozo

OVERALL
Strength:

Next to impossible to change the tube out because the bead won't go over the rim for the last 4 inches even with tire irons leveraged to the point that they nearly break (MUCH worse than other tires). When it comes to these tires, it's all about the low price. Otherwise, their crap.

Purchased:
Used
[Jan 24, 2009]
mrvrsick

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap. Looks like it might actually last a good while

You get what you pay for: a good "training" tire lol

Lets get this straight: This is a training tire. The weight and rolling resistance is GREAT for training. This isn't even really a commute tire, you WILL be slower. That being said.....
I bought these for my Univega in 700 x 28. This is for the regular, non-kevlar. Went on fairly easy, didn't look too horrendous. Rode them and noticed I was CONSIDERABLY slower than the day before (19 min vs 24). Then the next day (down to 22 and change). Raised center fell off kinda weird on a pretty hard turn. But you cant really beat the price I guess. Used it for 3 days/100 miles. I would deff recommend this tire if you want a cheap training tire. I would use the kevlar version if I was super cheap, but I'm not so I think I'll go armadillo or gator...

continental ultra race, bonti select, perf street cross

[Dec 25, 2007]
Mr. Versatile

OVERALL
Strength:

Long wearing, easy to mount, ride nicely, takes an act of God to flat them.

Heavy, no bling factor.

I use the Kevlar belted version of these tires on my commuter for my 36 mile round trip to work. I also rode this bike on a 1200 mile trip last summer. IME, these tires are great, especially for the money. Contrary to other poster's experiences, I've found these easy to mount, strong, round, and they roll pretty easily. Keep in mind that these are not Conti 4000s or Michelin Pro Race IIs. These cost $10 ea. and are a remarkable bargain.

many, many different brands and models including Michelin, Conti, Panaracer, Specialized, IRC, etc.

[Apr 21, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap

no puncture resistance

I bought these for my old hybrid (700x28). Tires rode well, but punctured all too easy - in fact one punctured the first time I rode it. When I moved and began commuting on roads with a lot of debris, I had to take these off in a hurry.

various conti tires

[Sep 25, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability and cheap.

Hard to install and hard ride (to be expected at this price).

This review is for the kevlar version of this tire. I was skeptical about purchasing this tire after reading all the reviews. However, I must say that I have been surprised as I have had good luck. I ride to work 2-4 times per week (20 miles round trip). I have had only two flats to date after about 1000 miles. The kevlar must add a bit of puncture protection as he roads I ride on are very rough.

Continental 1000 Sport, Specialized Armadillo, various other products

[Jun 11, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Fat, heavy (for training), and cheap.

Terrible quality casing, no puncture resistance; They basically fell apart--total garbage

While they were cheap, these turned out to be garbage. They are difficult to install, have poor casing quality, and they don't protect from flats. I was even using the GT2K version, with Kevlar belt material over the tread. The casing on the rear had a couple bulges in it, but I didn't know how bad this was until having a blowout while going ~20 MPH. There was no cut or puncture: the casing had failed, and the tube popped out the hole, right where there was supposed to be a Kevlar belt. The one remaining tire has a bulge in it that I can feel as I ride. It probably wouldn't last for longer than a couple more rides, but I'll never know since these are headed for the bin. Suffice it to say, I will never use PBS tires again.

Kenda Koncept, Conti Ultra, Vittoria Rubino Pro, Michelin, Hutchinson

[Feb 17, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Price

Quality control is poor. Wasting time exchanging for

Bought 2 27x1.25 tires. Both had a section of the tire where the diameter was constricted when inflated. One was bad enough that there was a flat spot and wiggle in raised portion of the tread. Likely caused by poor alignment of the casement bias ply at seam. Probably irritating to ride on and perhaps a safety hazzard. Plan to excahnge for another one.

Many others including IRC, Continental, etc

[Oct 05, 2003]
d m

OVERALL

very ridgid sidewalls cracking after only 800 miles center cords came apart on 1st century,had to stop 60 miles

[Jan 12, 2003]
Ciclist

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight for size.

Moderate durability; slips in snow.

Decent; worth the money. No trouble mounting (am not using narrow rims). No problem punctures.

None same width for length of time.