Schwalbe Lugano Tires - Clincher

Best Price At

On those many occasions when our rides demand that durability trumps lightness, the Schwalbe Lugano Clincher Tire are a solid choice for our training wheels. None of us want to have to waste precious ride time fixing flats, and no one really wants to spend more than they absolutely have to in order to get a pair of training tires. The Lugano checks all the durability and price conscious boxes, while losing very little of the racing tire feel.The Lugano Tire corners better than you'd imagine, giving you the feel that you?ll have tons of grip no matter the road surface, and the diamond profile of the tread is perfect for dry and wet conditions. A puncture protection belt has been added into the casing so that you can ride through the nastiest patches of sand and road debris on your way to work or over highway overpasses on your training rides, and you'll have every confidence that the tire will make it through unscathed. Certainly, there are lighter clinchers out there, but at this price point, there are none better as the Lugano blends a healthy dose of performance in with its durability. The Schwalbe Lugano Clincher Tire is available in Black (700c x 20, x 23, x 25) and in Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow (700c x 23 only). It can be pumped up to between 85 and 110 PSI. Keeping the tire properly inflated will increase its effectiveness against punctures and extend the lifetime of the tread.

[Aug 30, 2016]
ted

OVERALL
Strength:

it's black and looks like a tyre.

wear out pretty quick

Not worth purchasing as an aftermarket buy. Wont last long and you'll be looking at those tyre catalogues again. If they are original fittings on your new bike. Then change them asap. My experience they lasted 150mls then started bulging and quickly burst.

[Aug 16, 2016]
Anders Frederiksen

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap?

Absolutely terrible tire. Tried the 700C-23. First puncture after ~10km. The tire then exploded (!) another place after under 50km. Might have been unlucky - but the feedback from Schwalbe does not indicate this.

I'd say: Buy the cheapest china tire instead - or go for Schwalbe's Marathon+ instead. In my limited experience this is a really crappy tire!

Panaracer Duraguard: My favourite for ~20years; hard to find today...
Schwalbe Marathon+: Typically in 700C-28, very puncture resistant and highly recommended for commuting. But has had some batches that were "to small" and very, very hard to mount, The latest batch was OK though
Continental (Gator?) Good to ride but notably less puncture resistant than the two above.
Kenda (div): The 2-3 types I've tried was all really crappy. Especially puzzled over the designs with "holes" that pick up stones like it was the purpose... >:-(

[Jul 09, 2016]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

I ride off pavements, through sand, along gravel roads,commute and tour on this bit of rubber! I keep my tyres inflated to around 90psi. Had 1 puncture in a year. The outer casing split approx 5 miles from home. No problem I have had over year of use from this tyre. It's price is a marvel.

None really!

Buy and forget! Use your bike and relax, this cheap tyre has you covered.

[Aug 30, 2015]
John Ishmael

OVERALL
Strength:

Great grip in the dry. Acceptable in the wet. Good puncture resistance. Rolls well for a budget tyre.

None at this price.

I run these on a steel fixie (with brakes, I'm not a suicide pilot) commuting in Bangkok. Lots of potholes, gravel, monsoon rains and barking mad drivers here so I need a dependable tyre. The Schwalbe Lugano 700 x 25c ticks all the boxes. Rear tyres last 1500 miles and front tyres 3500 miles. Never had a puncture in all the time I have run Luganos. Keep the pressure within the recommended guidelines ( I keep mine inflated to 100psi) and they will serve you well. Neglect this advice and you will get pinch flats and fast wear. As others have said, if you fall off your bike don't cop out and blame these tyres as it's likely that it's your lack of riding skills that is the real problem. Seek out some professional tutoring on bike handling and routine maintenance, or alternatively fit some kiddy stabiliser wheels :)

[Aug 13, 2015]
series1811

OVERALL
Strength:

Puncture resistance, road feel, overall handling

Wear out quickly

These came OEM on my Cannondale SuperSix EVO 105. They performed great but the rear tire was worn out at 1500 miles. As others have mentioned, before blaming the tire, learn how to ride. These tires offer considerably good handling and are pretty much bullet proof. I have ridden through chip seal, glass, and other road debris without any flats. Wet weather performance is good as well. For the price, they are hard to beat.

[Jul 28, 2015]
Uggi Kaldan

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, pretty durable

Not the best rolling tire I ever tried - but not very bad either.

OK read a the of reviews here - and it got me wondering... bad grip?? Really?

I rode the Schwalbe HT tubular tires with the same pattern for many many races and they have excellent grip, so I had these Lugano laying around from a Cannondale Track bike I got earlier this year and decided I had to try this poor grip out for my self.

So today - I did 10 laps of a quite challenging track (3 kilometers - climbs, corners, descents) and it was raining and had brand new tarmac!

I did all corners with 45 km/h descending, and on the straights - and honestly - these tires have great grip??

If you fall on you bike going way slower as some people state in these reviews Im sorry to say - its a handling problem, not a product problem - and I actually put it to the test, no s****!

To the actual product - its a fine tires, not rolling super nice and they do feel a bit hard, as you would expect from a midrange / cheap tire.

I only rode 2 hours, so I cant say much about durability - Ill leave em on and write an update as to when I have my first flat, and how the tires look whey I do, i regards of cuts and so on.

So far - I can recommend as a training tire as far as handling and feel go!

[Jul 03, 2015]
Nate

OVERALL
Strength:

I run the lugano on the rear wheel of my track bike. I ride every day and the used set I bought have lasted me 6 months for one tire, and I am on month three of the other one. I have never had a flat on these, and I ride through broken glass, on gravel, pavement, and anything else a big city has to offer. I have a 49x18 gear ratio so lots of skid patches, they skid very well, not sluggish but they feel solid and you don't feel that they will give way. People who say that these tires suck on wet roads obviously don't know how to ride on wet pavement.

They wear out fast but when a brand new one costs twelve dollars and a used set costs five you cannot go wrong.

People who say they wear out fast are right but seriously they are so good for the price. They a 10 million times better than conti ultra sports, those will have holes in the sidewall after a week. The lugano feels solid on wet and dry pavement, as long as you are a good bike handler.
If you need a cheap tire, these are a bang for the buck.

[Jul 02, 2015]
Peugeot rider.

OVERALL
Strength:

(25mm) Comfortable! Less body pain and no numbness in hands. Good summer commuting tire.

The grip is not so well when road is wet. I did slide a bit with these and cannot trust with hard cornering EVEN IN DRY WEATHER. I haven't fallen down but, I had bunch of "almost moments." Tires are not equal weight either... front/rear (brand new) 255/286 a bit on the heavy side without good enough puncture resistance.

These came stock on my Cannondale Synapse, they are okay tires but, personally I wouldn't buy them after my experience. They do wear very fast, are not very puncture resistant and do not hold very well when the road is wet or through hard cornering. After getting a few flats I put in liners so the only thing now is just the lack of grip these tires have.

Continental Gatorskin (25mm)

[Jun 29, 2015]
Jason

OVERALL
Strength:

For the price these tires are fantastic.

wear a little fast but overall not bad

I'm reading all the negative reviews about people falling and how "Cannondale shouldn't put these on bikes" and I'm like WTF? These people simply don't know how to ride! How about this, if your falling that much, learn how to ride your bike and quit blaming the tires. There's a start, uh?

[Jun 09, 2015]
Meredith

Strength:

These were original tires on my cannondale synapse carbon. I replaced the front tire two years ago when the tire developed an s curve (possibly a belt failure). The rear just did the same. Junk tires.

Very poor tires. 100% failure rate.

• Available At

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.