Specialized 04 All Condition Pro Tire Tires - Clincher

A super-fast road racing tire with great traction. No other tire matches the All Condition''s combination of low rolling resistance, wet and dry cornering performance, and puncture protection.

[Jun 08, 2010]
Steve

OVERALL
Strength:

Good ride, good rolling resistance, good cornering, and good looking. No punctures as I ride on pretty clean roads and pathways.

I bought two, one tire was defective causing me to blow a tube- kapow. First I thought I pinched the tube when mounting. Me pinch a tube? No way! Again I put one bead on and slightly inflated the tube, pushed it up into the tire and finished mounting. This time as I was putting air in, I stopped every 20 lbs and inspected the tire. When I got to 60 lbs I noticed the tire was starting to "rise" out of the rim on one side. Did I have a bent rim that I wasn't aware of? I deflated the tube in order to rotate the tire. Prior to doing so I marked the spot with blue painters tape and proceeded to inflate once again. Sure enough at 60 lbs the tire started to rise out of the rim where the blue tape was.

I returned it and got a refund since the store was out of stock and could not guaranty a replacement within 3- 5 days. Another local store luckily had one in stock. This mounted fine with no problems.

Did the first store reimburse me for the blown tube? No. They said to take it up with Specialized. Will I give them future business. No.

I have black/red 700 x 23. Good 120 TPI tire. Rides well. See pros and cons.

Not worthy

[Aug 05, 2009]
sbesbe

OVERALL
Strength:

Great traction, low rolling resistance, very easy to remove and mount without tire levers.

Punctures (but it may be bad luck on my part).

These came stock on my Roubaix Expert. Great traction and fast. But had to replace both tires after about 650 miles. The rear tire was defective and developed some bends and bumps from inner separation of the components. Exchanged it for free under lifetime Specialized warranty. The front tire was punctured and tubes kept blowing out so I needed to replace. Just bad luck I think. I ride this bike 40 mph down some steep, twisting roads and I'm very confident about the tires holding up their end of the bargain on hard turns.

[Oct 28, 2007]
Stephane

OVERALL
Strength:

Great grip and smooth. Puncture resistant

Found none so far.

These came with the 2007 Sequoia Elite i have purchased earlier this spring. Great tires. Sure grip, smooth ride. They hold to the manufacturer's claim. Fast on straights, Adherence in corners.

I have just baught myself a 2007 Roubaix Pro. I first thaught of putting Armadillo on it but will go with the All conditions pro.

[Aug 28, 2007]
Alan

OVERALL
Strength:

Long life and good handling

I ride 2 to 3 times a week and put over 4500 miles on these tires before I started getting flat tires on the rear. Thread still looks good.

[Jun 30, 2007]
Simon

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightwieght and fast

The Specialized All Condition tire is incredible. I have been using them on my bike for about a year and have had only one flat. It's great in the rain and dry pavement. I've used them to ride on a pack gravel toe path and was amazed how well they did given they are really designed for the road. They are a very fast, lightweight and durable tires. Great for riding in the city. They are much better then what was on my bike when I purchased it. Until I find something better I will stick with these tires.

[Apr 28, 2007]
Deck314

OVERALL
Strength:

Fun on 40 mph+ downhill rides. Hold their line in turns. Lightweight.

Don't ride these without planning on a flat (or three).

These tires were stock on my Roubaix Pro and I like the way they grab the road and hold a line in turns. Maybe I'm just plain unlucky, but I've had six flats in 700 miles. I rode a century and chalked up three flats, so that set me back about an hour. These tires are lightweight, so may not be made for longevity, but I'm tired of changing them, so am looking at (albeit heavier) kevlar replacements.

[Mar 31, 2007]
padan7

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to put on, confidence inspiring riding in rain, feels good @ 47 mph, smooth ride.

I would like less cuts in the rear tire.
Feel the tire is a little pricy since you can't find discounts other than e-bay. They seem to go real slow uphill in the wind. Oh, that's me.

I am an injured runner starting to ride.
In 2,600 miles I have had 2 slow leaks in the rear. One thorn, One piece of glass. Both times made it back home/car.
Front tire has no cuts. Am I lucky? Or do front tires last about 3,000 miles+?
These tires don't seem to have any glaring problems. That is pobably their strength. I would give them a 5 rating on value & overall if I had more experience with another tire. Continentals seem to have a cult following here.

continental 3000 just under 50 miles

[Sep 20, 2006]
galleneng

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip in the turns, smooth on the straights.

Will know after next 500 miles

These tires make the ride feel solid and "attached" to the road. Nice grip in the turns and smooth on the straights. I rode the other night with a light rain and no difference, (other than my own apprehension), they felt great, really impressed.

Specialized Armadillo

[Mar 20, 2006]
cslayton

OVERALL
Strength:

Good cornering and overall control.
Inexpensive.

Sidewall was compromised from normal riding, but my normal riding is pretty rough.
Better flat resistance from a discontinued model.

Not quite a year, but I got 950 miles out of my OEM ACP on rear) before it flatted, after coming out of a sharp corner with a flat (went into the corner fine, tire picked up tiny shard in side tread while diagonal). Since I was mismatched (Specialized Turbo on front) I replaced with my original OEM All Condition Pro on rear (had about 400 miles on it) and this failed shortly from sidewall damage.

I think that these are excellent tires for the money, I had bad luck with a pair. The discontinued Specialized Turbo, which is totally slick, has not flatted yet, and Birmingham AL roads are not pristine.

I will in the future try some Vredestein Fortezzas, but I went ahead this time and replaced my damaged ACP with another one.

Specialized Turbo
Vittoria Twin Turbo
other Vittorias

[Mar 15, 2006]
Doggity

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, accelerates and rides nice.

Durability, thorn, rock, and glass resistance issues.

Got these as stock tires with my Roubaix.
Ride is fine, but they are just NOT UP TO the roads of Santa Fe, New Mexico! I was getting a FLAT every ride...EVERY RIDE! Who CARES how fast it is, or what its ride is like, when you're spending more time squatting by the road than riding? Third ride out, I got full thickness laceration of the tread from a sharp rock. I replaced these with the standard Armadillo 700x23's...now THOSE tires are freakin' BOMBPROOF!

Replaced by standard Armadillo 700x23's.
NO MORE FLATS.