Tufo Pro Diamond D28 Tires - Clincher

Tubular and tubular clincher tire for cyclo-cross, especially for dry surfaces. Diamond tread pattern with guiding grooves on both sides assures ease of ride and reliable stability in corners.
Tubular Tubular Clincher
  Rim size: 700C - 28"

[Mar 27, 2003]
mtbslug

OVERALL
Strength:

No tubes, therefore no pinchflats off-road Good durability

A bit expensive (I got them on sale) Tricky to install on certain rims on the heavy side (395g), but no tubes

I've been using Tufo tubular clinchers on my cyclocross bike for over a year. I've had 2 sets of the Prestige CX tires for off-road use and have been very happy with them. As I also commute on my CX bike I got a second wheelset and threw the Pro Diamonds on in hopes they would last longer on the road, but still be able to handle the occasional off-road detour. So far I've been impressed with these tires. They've last much longer than the Prestige on the road (~2000 mi and still strong) and are pretty good off-road despite the complete lack of knobbies. They're tricky to install the first few times, though these were much easier to install than my Prestige tires on other wheels (not sure if it was a tire or rim thing). I've had good sucess with the sealant as well. I've pulled a few full-sized nails out of both tires, added sealant (you'll need a tool to take out the stem core), pumped them back up (not too high until the sealant sets), and am still riding them today.