Vittoria Techno Twin Tread w/Kevlar Tires - Clincher

Raised chevron tread for racing and fast training.

[Apr 14, 2020]
jeffbozo

OVERALL
Strength:

I got these on sale for a good price. I have the wire beaded models. So far after over 500 miles there has been little wear. Boston area roads are not kind on tires..I have never had a flat yet (knock on wood) despite hitting some blind potholes at full speed and tons of glass. Despite having flats with other tires or having friends flat on rides. The tread seems durable and I haven't had problems with stuff stuck in it. I think mine might be the older version of these tires as I've seen others with a different tread pattern. The traction is great in dry and good in wet, but i don't really push that hard when it's really wet. Even bashed around a little offroad with no probs. Would make a good training or perhaps touring tire. There are probably better race tires out there though.

Purchased:
Used
[Mar 24, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Snazzy colours.

Punctures, punctures and more punctures

Heed the words of others. These tyre puncture real easy. Hey, they look great with those snazzy colours and fancy tread but they crack and puncture like no other tyre. Those who praise these tyres must use really smooth and clean roads.

Michelin Dynamic, Michelin Tracer, Maxxis and Continental Gatorskins. All better tyres.

[Jul 02, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent wear and responded well on corners.

I bought these tires because of the cheap price and after 2700 miles, of which the last 500 miles were on rollers, these tires worked great and wore very well over the last two seasons. All my riding has been on smooth roads and I try to watch out for objects, glass, etc when riding. I did have one flat from a sharp piece of metal, but other than that they responded great. I used the tires in the rain on one occasion when I got caught in a downpour, and they responded well. Changed over to my new set of Vredesteins only because of the wear on my rear tire and for safety since my rides are generally 10-20 miles long. However, I was overall very pleased with the construction and the value of these tires.

Specialized, Vredestein Fortezza

[Oct 04, 2003]
mentat6059

OVERALL
Strength:

Price. Easy to put on and remove by hand. Better than Panaracer Nice ride (initially)

Poor wear. Easily cut.

Looked and sounded like a good buy initially. Rode well for the first couple of hundred kilometers. Now after about 1400km the read tyre has worn very badly and the sidewall has bulged. Only had one flat (only because I have kevlar liners now). They seem very soft and prone to cuts. My conti's lasted about 4500km till the rear tyre blew. Would be lucky to get half that out of these.

Continental Ultra 2000, Panaracer Strada

[May 20, 2003]
paul WILSON

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap, has the word 'Kevlar' on sidewall

lack of actual Kevlar in tire

First outing trying new bike - two flats on a pothole, traveled about 10 miles.

go continental

[Feb 20, 2003]
gbracken

OVERALL
Strength:

puncture resistant, cheap and cheery

no grip, vey hard to change

These tires are very puncture resistant and they wear very well, have done about 3000 miles with the back tire, on the down side these just dont have any grip on wet roads as i have found out to my expense, the metal bead in them is very hard to take off not much fun trying to remove these in driving rain and have broken at least 2 tire leavers. if you want a good puncture resistant tire for slow speeds these are good, other wise look some where else

conti 3000,1000, vittoria corsa cx tt

[Sep 23, 2002]
Ted

Strength:

Flats, flats, and more flats. Pain to take on and off. Tire is very tight and does not stretch much when putting it on the rim

After less than 100 miles, the rear developed a flat on the sidewall. The front is starting to get chewed up and I am deciding if I should wait for it to fail or just replace it. I am not sure what's the deal with this tire, but it seems like I am not the only one complaining. For a Kevlar tire, these stink!

[Sep 23, 2002]
Bill Smith

[Jul 30, 2002]
ej178

OVERALL
Strength:

color choice

tight install easily flats quick wear

1 word: flats More flats with this tire in 3 months than I had in the last year combined. Received snake bite flats from riding over small gravel....totally ridiculous. Vittoria must put 1 kevlar thread in whole tire. As stated in previous review, you get what you pay for.

michelins panaracers

[Feb 26, 2002]
PC

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap price. You get what you pay for.

Slice up easily. They ae flat prone

I have used these tire for a couple months. The front one was so sliced up after 50 miles it needed to be replaced. The back one just went out at 300 miles. I have been riding the same roads for the past 3 years with no problems from my other brands of tires. In fact the front tire I am now using is an old back tire with over 2500 miles on it and it looks better than these did at 300.

Panaracer and Michelin. Both are much better.