Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Fold Tires - Clincher

The Vittoria Zaffiro Pro road bike tire is 60tpi racing and training road tire that is reasonably light weight and is...

[Feb 26, 2019]
mrmarbury

OVERALL
Strength:

Very good puncture resistance. Driving these on my Cinelli Fixed Gear and they have a lot of meat. One had a deep and wide cut in the rubber after a long ride but the casing and the threading was still intact. So it probably saved me from a blow-out.

not so great in wet or slippery conditions.

[Apr 03, 2016]
Michael

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, corner well

Rubber is extremely soft and picks up road debris. Sidewalls are soft, even at high pressure. High rolling resistance.

These tires were on a set of lightweight rims I bought a year ago and now have approximately 2,000 miles on them. They have lots of nicks and scrapes from road debris, some of which has become embedded and is now puncturing tubes, so time to get rid of them. The tires were squared off by 500-600 miles, and they're well worn out now.

The worst problem is that these tires have very soft sidewalls. Even at 120 psi, the tires mash down from my weight, and I'm not a heavy rider. I've had to run these at 140 psi to minimize the risk of pinch flats. The tires are thankfully rated to up to 145 psi.

[Nov 22, 2012]
A T

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive

None given what it is -- inexpensive training tire

Overall great value. Inexpensive training tire. Smooth ride, relatively puncture resistant, seems to have good traction. I've put about 200 miles on it so far. I weigh about 165 and have it on a Motobecane RECORD. I usually avg about 18.5 mphs. Because it is foldable I generally keep it as a spare in a pocket in my hydration backpack when I'm out on very long rides thru the country side in case one of my high-performance (and more expensive and fragile) tires fails on one of my long rides.

[May 29, 2012]
Mikhail

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap; puncture resistant; solid training tire; smooth;

less grip when wet in compare to Michelin Pro Race3; only 1,500 miles before it explode in center.

I am 255 pounds and usually put around 120 psi. No puncture until 1,500 miles on it when rear just gave up. Squaring appeared around 800-850 miles.

Michelin Pro Race3; Kenda

[Oct 22, 2009]
tibbles

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, great grip, low price, no flats so far.

None, perhaps weight?

Great tire, after a season of riding with no flats or cuts in the tire, I am getting some flat spots on the rear tire. Front tire still looks new. Great grip, low price, no flats, all at a low price. I've just bought a new set for next year.

Fortezza's, (ok, but forget the claims of 160psi), Contis (wear quickly), Serfas Secas (ok, but not as durable)

[Oct 03, 2009]
Cody

OVERALL
Strength:

One flat in 10 months of commuting in Chicago (70 miles/wk)! Very durable. Great traction. Easy to mount

Not as sticky as race rubber.

It works well.

Continental GP3000

[Sep 03, 2009]
exracer

OVERALL
Strength:

Puncture resistance
Handles well on dry roads

Average rolling resistance
Seem to square off fairly quick

This review is for the Zaffiro Protech. It's been a very good tire for trainning rides and general commuting. I have had only 1 flat in 1500-1800 miles and that was a inch long metal staple that would have punctured any tire. As far as glass and regular road debris: zipp, zero, nada. Just a few cuts but no flats. They also seem to handle pretty good. I've put some pretty good lean angles on the bike and there is no detectable squirm or movement from the tires. This is important since I have move back to Las Vegas. (Hate it and the place is a pit. Moved back for personal reasons which turned out to be a big mistake.)Austin was much nicer. The ac mix there seems to be on the oily side. There is also alot of road debris in Las Vegas. They don't believe in street sweepers unless it's the Strip.

Various Michelins
Various Continentals (3000's were pretty good)
Fortezza's (bad luck with those. Sidewall kept splitting.)
Fusion 2's (not bad, good handling, average puncture resistance.)
Gommitalia (about same as Fusion's)
Various Vitorrias (Diamantie's worked well for me. Rubino Pro's very good, no flats so far.)

[Jul 01, 2009]
fessgar

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth, tough, good grip, cheap.

None yet

This may be new tire love, but after 250 miles in Sonoma County with no flats, these tires are inspiring confidence and giving comfort on rough roads. They're smooth, supple, quiet, grippy, yet still fast. Most noticeable is how they glide over rough patches, maintaining contact but not jarring the bike.

Michelin Carbon, Continental Ultra 2000, Vittoria Intrepid

[May 11, 2009]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong tire (ran over pot hole on last ride with no flat).

Doesn't seem to last as long as I would like. Already seeing squaring.

These tires began to square off for me as well around 600 miles. I am also 150lbs. I am already looking for a faster and more durable tire and plan to keep these for my trainer.

[Mar 22, 2009]
greenforest56

OVERALL
Strength:

Compliant, smooth ride; good traction ; good puncture resistance; fairly light; good value.

average rolling resistance, average mounting difficulty

Excellent value. Fairly light, compliant, tough, good tread. I've run over everything on these tires and never flatted.

various Continentals