Vittoria Corsa Evo CX Tires - Tubular

The Vittoria Corsa EVO CX tire is handmade for superior performance and comfort. It is the world’s best known and most used Servizio Corse tubular, the choice of champions. Corespun K320 TPI casing with a blend of polycotton and Ke...

[Sep 14, 2014]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Run very quickly, look good ( style over substance )

No puncture resistance, valve base is useless, expensive, lose air in a matter of hours

Run a few of these, and have managed no more than three short rides on each sets. These don't resist any type of road imperfections. C£60 per tyre, so that's about a tenner a mile... Steer clear.

[Mar 27, 2013]
Abdiel Acosta

OVERALL
Strength:

Great handling, excellent on the descents and curbs.

Lose air overnight

I've had these tired for over 2 years with over 1000 miles ridden and I haven't had any of the problems with flats that I've read about here. I think these problems might come from the level of knowledge and skills the technician or person that installed them. I ride over various types of surfaces with no problems so far. I love these tires and will buy again.

[Nov 28, 2012]
Pedro Anselmo Filho

OVERALL
Strength:

Low rolling resistance, excellent grip, fast!

Low puncture resistance.

I have tried them since April this year and rode for about 1000 km (625 mi). Rear tyre had two punctures and I am afraid it's going to necessary to replace it soon. This is my first experience with tubulars and I haven't used other tyre to compare to. It's a pity... I always wanted to ride Vittoria's tubolares and so far I've got frustrated. I hope this rear tyre would last a couple of hundred miles more.

[Jun 18, 2012]
Alfalund

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, Grip - also in the prices, weight/puncture resistance aspect

Price, new valve system has no benefit - but is pricey, price, durability, price

Despite only being 21 mm wide, the comfort is great on my Zipp 303 - supposedly due to the latex inner tube.
I run the with sealant and manage to close 9 of 10 flats with superglue from the outside and sealant from within.

Old version CX - cannot really tell the difference

[Aug 23, 2011]
Tripolson

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable ride, good handling.

Lose air faster than most tubulars, tubes tend to rupture long before casing is worn - and long before I'm ready to shell out for a new tire.

This is the new 320 tpi tire. I like the grip and ride quality of the corsas, but was hoping for improved longevity. Unfortunately I have ridden these less than a season and one is already shot. I pumped up the tires prior to a group ride (120 psi) and was putting my helmet on when I heard the dreaded pop and hiss. Sure enough the front tire was flat. No major damage to the casing or other problem, the tube just failed. I may try some sealant, but haven't had much luck repairing Vittorias that way. I probably have less than a thousand miles on the tires since I mounted them. I have had this problem with previous Vittorias and can no longer justify buying them. I've had far better luck with Tufos and will probably go back to those.

Tufo s22, s33 (pro and special), s3 lite; Challenge tubular

[Oct 14, 2010]
Firevault

OVERALL
Strength:

Only the glue that held them on.

Highest dollar per mile you'll ever spend.

Unsafe. Would you take a high speed corner with an unpredictable tire?

What is the simplest way to sum up my feelings for these "top-of-the-line race tires"?

TOTAL POS.

2 Brand new tires mounted on a new set of Zipp 303's. This was my dream set up. 10 miles into my first ride and the rear tire blew. Not from a puncture but a blowout at the base of the valve stem, rendering the tire useless. Several days later while pumping air into the other tire (you heard right, I wasn't even riding!)it blew as well. EXACT same problem, a blowout at the base of the valve stem.

If you read the other reviews you will see that others have had similar problems, yet I talked to Vittoria's US Distributor in OK and they say they haven't heard of any issues of this nature. They're either deaf or simply don't care. I now have two tires hanging on my wall that will never see the road again.

Do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere DO NOT BUY THESE TIRES.

Tufo, Vredestein, Hutchinson, Contis

[Oct 17, 2009]
elzumpango

OVERALL
Strength:

good grip, roll fast

price
durabiity
life

190lb weekend warrior.

just got rid of these after 685 miles.
-5 to 6 flats, all in the rear tire
-rear wheel was totally worn in the center
-approximate 1/4" diameter chunk / gouge in the rear wheel occured after about 300 miles - caused latest flat so i had to ditch these

front wheel was fine but i'm switching it out anyway. time to try michelin race pro3 races.

conti ultra race

[Jul 09, 2009]

Strength:

Punture resistance my Arse!!!!!

This tire sucks @$$, I have gone thru 5 tires this race season.. Yesterday I rode for 10 minutes... brand new tire... already had a punture... DO NOT BUY THIS TIRE... I will never buy this one again... I should have changed after the first 4...

[May 28, 2009]
Stephen Hornberger

pricey

Vittoria Corsa Evo tubes - holds tire pressure for days, good on a variety of paved surfaces and holds the road well.

[May 24, 2009]
joker

puncture after 25miles

what can i say , brand new tubbs on and got less than 30 miles before one flatted ,there was no apparent holes in the tubb but the air was coming out from under the tread , i think Vittoria need to re-look at their quality control on these . I've taken them off my wheels as i don't feel confident with them on any more, i would have expected a lot better from these tubbs reading the marketing hype , after all i paid top whack for them.

i've allways used clinchers in the past