Campagnolo Eurus Clincher Wheel wheelsets - clincher

All around race performance from the popular Campagnolo Eurus wheelset. Record level components, modern wheels construction and meticulous craftsmanship create an enjoyable wheelset for race day, or everyday.

[Apr 10, 2014]
nhguapo

OVERALL
Strength:

Bombproof. I've put around 30k miles and 3.5 years on my rims and popped just two rear spokes in that time. They've never gone out of true. I've run over some gnarly bumps and road trash and they just keep going. Seriously strong rims. They are very light and the hubs are butter. Very responsive.

When you do pop a spoke - it is a pain to get a new one. It takes about a week to order one and they are not cheap. Campy gear in general is hard to get.

I'd like a nice set of flashy carbon wheels, but it's hard to justify dropping that much money on wheels that won't deliver the commensurate amount of performance. I try to check my bias at the door when I write a review, but I will give props where they are due. The Eurus wheel set might just be the best metal wheels around.

[Sep 27, 2013]
phil

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and stiff

Fragile

I bought these and love the ride. Smooth, stiff yet comfortable.
However, they go out of true every 2-300 km. At least one spoke will get loose and the wheel will be out of true. Happened twice so far.
I'm not a small rider but at 6'2'' 185lbs I figured (and was told) that these would be stiff and strong enough. Turns out they (or at least this set) aren't.

Everything else is great about these wheels but for the price I paid I didn't expect to have to true them every 2-3 rides...

[Jul 03, 2012]
bottecchia_eja

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, yet comfortable; aerodynamics; good looks; handmade; smooth hubs; ease of mounting tires; reasonable price; Campy's reputation for quality.

Slightly more difficult to remove tires, especially when tires are new.

I bought these wheels for my new Colnago C59. I had previously used a pair of Ambrosio Excellent rims, 32H, laced to Record hubs. The Eurus wheels accelarate almost instantly, transferring power from my legs in an almost seamless way. I am not a racer (not by any stretch of the imagination) but after getting these wheels I can now regularly beat my club mates to the top of hills and on sprints. These wheels are comfortable, yet stiff, fairly light, yet bombproof. If you are looking for a new set of all-round wheels these are it! Mated to my Vittoria Corsa Evo CX tires, these are the most repnsive wheels I have ever used.

Ambrosio Excellent 32H rims; Mavic rims (different models).

[Jul 19, 2011]
asianarnold1

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness, looks, breaking, weight(1560gr for mine) and hubs hubs hubs!!

resale price is always higher, like toyotas

Finally I got a set!(of campy Eurus ;-)

After getting outbid 3 other times, i won a set of 2008 black Eurus. I had 2006 silver Zondas and thought those were great, then AC420 for the deeper aluminum rim, but these 2008 Eurus are oh so sweet! I used to race for 3yrs but now have a young family, and most of my riding is our local flat and fast hammerfest rides with occasional hills.

The biggest difference i feel is the stiffness and the smooth buttery hubs(like most say it's the hubs). My ACs, although light(1460gr) and deep(34mm) and bombproof as well, it now feels squishy compared to the eurus and the ac hubs didn't roll quite as fast and far, with skinny break tracks.
Some friends and i were on a descent with my eurus and i had to tap the breaks bec/ i was gaining on their back wheels.
I got these used, but rides and feels as if brand new. Maybe just 0.5-1mm off true on rear, not even worth mentioning. Cross winds to me are non-factor, we all bunch up in an echelon anyway on strong wind days.

I'll probably get a set of carbon 50mm, but definitely keep these eurus for the long haul.

If you get a chance, don't hesitate.
-jl.

Zonda, AC420 2x, Rolf Vigor, Mavic Elite

[Jul 08, 2011]
Todd

OVERALL
Strength:

Ride quality and feel. Availabilty of parts (e.g. spokes) and ease of maintance. Bladed spokes. Strength of wheelset. Reaction in wind. Quality of manufacture.

Price.

Light, responsive, and rock solid when cornering. These wheels provide confidence in the descent (Priceless when you live in Colorado). The engineering detail and quality of manufacture is exceptional.

Excellent purchase. Well worth the money.

ROL Race SL

[Aug 27, 2010]
toto

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality, Hubs, Look

others will get jealous

Looked for a set of high performance training Clinchers and after looking at a few others I chose these..
Reason... campy are known for hubs and the hub is what makes these wheels roll and roll and roll.
Looks..tick
Quality...tick
Ride..tick
strength..tick
weight...tick (not the lightest out there, though light enough considering strength of rims)

Mavic, Fulcrum, Zipp

[Apr 11, 2010]
ABH

OVERALL
Strength:

Very fast. Great acceleration. Light enough for easy climbing. No complaints. Always good deals availabl online. Its campy!

I wish they were a tiny bit deeper.

I am very satisfied with these wheels. The rims are stiff, so great for sprinting and climbing. Rotational force is higher than my previous wheels. The spokes are bladed, which makes for interesting cross wind handling (not too bad). The record hub is great and easily serviceable. The freewheel makes a sexy pur that many comment on :)

Cheap Alex rims, Mavic Ksyriums, and Blackwell Research 50s.

[Jan 18, 2010]
Alex K.

OVERALL
Strength:

Great for climbing, descending, racing. Very smooth.

I can't think of any... and that's after 10 years riding on them. Perhaps I would have liked to get another year out of them, but that would be pushing it.

I have used my wheelset for nearly 10 years. Yes, that's right 10 years! And not just as race wheel but as primary wheels. I guess I have at least 60,000 miles on them. They have now completely worn out and I'm ready for my next set! These are great wheels and all types of riding.

Other Campy wheels. Yes, I'm a Campy fan so perhaps there is some bias in this review

[Nov 29, 2009]
lyleseven

OVERALL
Strength:

Climb great, accelerate fantastically!

None so far.....

I bought these after much research and consideration of Easton wheels. Have only been out on them twice but I can say unequivocally, they are sweeeeeeet! Climb nice, look nice, not too stiff of a ride. I only had 700x25s to put on them but that doesn't slow them down! Great acceleration!

Mavic Ksyrium SLs, Campy Neutrons, Fulcrum Race 3s

[Nov 29, 2009]
worst_shot_ever

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, reasonably light for alloy clinchers, hubs are awesome, and they look great, too.

I suppose the loud freewheel might bug some people, but I don't mind at all.

I've got 2008 Eurus, not the "two way." Not running any rim tape. Bought from a race team that used this pair as a back up one season.

These are super strong and stiff, great all around wheels, with incredible hubs. This is my first set of high quality wheels, previously had Easton Vista SLs. Amazing difference. These feel both more aero, and climbing is a different world. They are super stiff, and feel remarkably different than my prior wheels -- at least they transmit the bumps to my bars and saddle much more directly than the Eastons. As someone before mentioned, these hubs are ridiculous. They spin forever, and I'm constantly on riding the breaks when freewheeling decents in my group rides. I've hit a couple nasty potholes to no effect -- still perfectly round and true (after a year as a race wheel, no less). Couldn't be happier.

Easton Vista SL