DT Swiss RR-1450 Mon Chasseral 700c wheelsets - clincher

• Champion Series wheels are handbuilt with System Optimized Components
  • SBWT welded, machined-sidewall, single-eyelet rim (19.3wx21.2h)
  • 240s-inspired hubs with stainless steel bearings and DT-Swiss patented Star Ratchet System
  • DT-Swiss Revolution spokes with ProLock nipples
  • Includes wheel bags, rim strips, and quick release skewers
  • 1450g set: white hub/rim with black spokes/nipples

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 03, 2013]
    FWarwick

OVERALL
    Strength:

Six years, 5000 miles minimum per year, 160 pound rider on very competitive rides, and hardly any truing necessary. I have to laugh at the 185# rider who buys light climbing wheels and then expects to bunny hop and shoot over curbs. Of course I do the same thing now and then but I'm no monkey. All my equip. lasts a long time w/o adjustment. My decals are still sharp. Braking surfaces beautiful, partly i suppose because there are no ten-mile, winding descents in my area, but partly because -- let me toot my own horn please! -- because i brake hardly ever. Don't brake, go around fallen debris or people!

Don't hang the bike by the wheels, if you want the decals to last.

Best everyday wheel I've ever owned (out of maybe a hundred wheel sets -- I'm 65). Fast, light, strong for riders who know how to handle a bike.

[Oct 13, 2012]
    Brad Smith

OVERALL
    Strength:

At 1450 g, these wheels are light! They roll extremely well, and are eager to accelerate when I stand up to pedal. These are much lighter than the Mavic Aksium wheels that came with my new Orbea Orca (silver), and they felt great going uphill. That's a major plus here in Colorado!

None so far. This was my first ride on them, so I can't speak to durability, but my friends at the Sports Garage in Boulder steered me to these wheels to meet my needs and price range, and it looks like they hit the mark! We'll see in a few thousand miles how they hold up, but they sure are a big improvement for my bike.

Bought a Orbea Orca SLT 5 months ago, and have enjoyed it a lot, but felt the wheels were only adequate. At that trim level, the bike comes with Mavic Aksium wheels, and from the first few rides I felt a lighter wheel would make things better. The folks at the bike shop where I got it highly recommended this wheel for its lightness and excellent hub. Today's ride was a delight, and it was obvious immediately that these wheels will help a lot since most of my rides are in the mountains here in Colorado. It will be interesting to see if they are as durable as they are light and fast!

[Oct 01, 2012]
    Scott Berry

OVERALL
    Strength:

Rock solid wheels, great retro look with current technology performance. Light weight. Amazing customer service.

Wheels are not as smooth as my Mavic ES however they were 400.00 cheaper than the Mavics. Rims on older versions may crack at spoke holes. However DT Swiss customer service more than makes up for this!

I am 185# and ride my equipment hard. I will bunny hop debris, pot holes and trash on the roads. On technical desents in NC, GA and TN I have no problem letting gravity take me where it will.
    Now I service and clean my equipment and don't abuse anything.
    After 3 years and 3000 miles I noticed radial hair line cracks around 1/2 of the spoke holes. Checking some on line review I noticed that I was not the first person to have this problem. Knowing that the wheel was out of warrentee I began looking for a new rim and someone to lace up the wheel.
    Just for the heck of it I contacted DT Swiss customer service and they told me that they had been replacing these rims with a beefier rim with double eyelets. I was prompty issued a Return Goods Authorization number and sent the rear wheel back to DT Swiss.
    Two weeks later I received my wheel back, with a new rim, new spokes and all new spoke nipples. Best of all......no invoice and no questions asked!
    During the time I rode these wheels, prior to the rim replacement, I had no issues, did not get out of true and performed flawless.
    As I mention earlier in the review I don't think these wheels are as smooth as my Mavic ES wheels but great customer service will trump a non scientific opinion anyday!

Mavic ES, Bontrager Race X-Lite, Ritchey deep dish carbon

[Mar 09, 2010]
    TiRelax

OVERALL
    Strength:

Silky Smooth, blazing fast, extremely light. Look nice

Decals won't last long. Wheels don't feel as solid as my workhorse Mavic Elites. But these hubs can be the trunk to another great set if I had to rebuild them.

This is a review on performance. Too soon to say about reliability.
    In a word, WOW! Smooth, and fast. It accelerates like a there's no tomorrow and roll forever. I have looked at my computer, and am amazed each time how fast I am going without feeling any effort I typically have to exert above 20mph IN A HEAD WIND!! My pulls at the front become easier and longer as they seem to cheat the wind extremely well. Extra slim rims and tiny spokes and excellent hubs are the winning lightweight combo for these hoops. There's a reason these hubs are resold on $2K+ wheels.
    I've just replaced my faithful Mavic Elites after 10K miles, and I didn't realize I would get that much gain.
    The weight limit says 200lbs, but with weight fluctuation I would say a max of 185lbs. If you're shopping for fast light wheels, I can't see a reason these shouldn't be in your final 2 or 3.

Mavic Elites, Spinergy Stealth PBO, Mavic CXP22

[Oct 21, 2009]
    sinuousacclivity

OVERALL
    Strength:

Nice looking
    stiff
    handling
    smooth

out of true twice in under 120 miles.
    stickers already peeling and tearing.

Bought new and arrived with signed card - handbuilt by dt swiss. Went severely out of true after 100 miles. Took to LBS and tension was all over the place. Had trued and is again out of true after one hour ride. I am 160lbs and ride on smooth roads.

Other than that, they are really smooth, plenty stiff, accelerate and handle beautifully. Hopefully i can get this issue sorted out.

mavic aksium

[Aug 16, 2009]
    buccwwylld

OVERALL
    Strength:

light,strong,surprisingly stiff for a light set

none to this point

already had dt swiss 1850 for training purposes,decided to get a lighter set for climbing and sprinting,lucked out and got a set with the 240 hubs(wow)32 spoke rear 228lbs 28 spoke front

alex
    neuvations

[Aug 13, 2009]
    overte

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfortable, light, durable, look good with my Cervelo RS. Servicability is also no issue with DT.

None yet

Solid, light wheel with no noticible flex. After 2500 miles I'm satisfied these wheels live up to their reputation.

Ritchey Protocol WCS, Neuvation

[May 20, 2009]
    mudphalt

OVERALL
    Strength:

strong , reliable, smooth, responsive, solid breaking performance, excellent handling and cornering

None found

Perfect wheels...... super light & super smooth, ultra stiff and responsive, yet provide a comfortable ride. By far the best wheels I 've ever had. Hi spoke count makes them strong and durable. the 240 hubs with quad bearings are stable and smooth. If there is any deflection its' not noticable. handles hard cornering like the bike is on rails.

mavic

[Mar 27, 2009]
    TonyDeez

OVERALL
    Strength:

Butter smooth hubs. Do not sail in crosswinds like with bladed spokes.

Stickers are crap. They started unsticking after one ride. I keep trying to stick them back, but they're terrible. No warranty on the stickers either. They need to figure out a better design in this area.

Bought these to replace my Ksyrium ES's. They are incredibly smooth and look great with the white rims and hubs. I loved my ES's, and I feel this is a better wheelset overall. They are only a hair bit smoother than my Ksyrium ES's to me. There is a little less maintenance involved with the hub. I had to have my hub on the ES's re-done after about 500 miles. The biggest thing I love about this wheelset is that they do not sail in crosswinds like my ES's did. There is a noticeable difference in this area.

Kysrium SLs and ESs.

[Dec 26, 2008]
    Hope

OVERALL
    Strength:

* Light
    * Quiet
    * Extremely comfortable ride

* The snazzy black-and-white graphics are surface-applied stickers.

These wheels are very light, very quiet, and very smooth. They absorb bumps and chipseal beautifully. When coasting, the rear cogset barely makes a sound. They are easy in cross-wind. And they coast seemingly forever.

I switched to these from Anniversary Ksyrium ES's, which are durable and light, but extremely noisy, extremely bone-jarring, and sail in the cross-winds.

* Ksyrium ES