Easton Circuit wheelsets - clincher

Circuit - Boasting specifications that would make wheels costing hundreds more blush, the Circuit remains the industry leader in bang-for-the-buck performance. Patented T3 Twin Thread Technology is mated to a semi deep 28 mm alloy aero section rim to give the best of strength, light weight and clean aerodyanmics. Circuit remains the clear cut choice for budget conscious racers and enthusiasts looking for a big boost in speed and performance.……

[May 03, 2018]
soldavis

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Wheels used over 10 years no problems. Sticker wore off from cleaning

Sticker wore off from cleaning. Just Remove them.

Purchased:
New
[Sep 07, 2017]
RoyDavis75

OVERALL
Strength:

They run absolutely true even after being hammered on South African roads which must surely be the worst in the World. Pot holes galore. Poor road maintenance.

None. I see no need to buy new, high spec. rims.

Got them on my second hand Cervelo SLC SL. One spoke broke and was replaced by the local bike shop but I didn't realize it. The wheel still ran true and trouble free. The only sign that something was wrong was a click on heavy pedal pressure.. I thought it was the bottom bracket. On another occasion I hit a pothole so hard it split open a Hutchinson gator tire in two long sections. No damage to rim other a bit of paint being scraped off on part of the top of the rim. Just touched it up with some paint. The rims have never ceased to run true.

[May 23, 2016]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Hardly a need for trueing over many miles and potholes
Relatively lightweight
Inexpensive (at time of purchase)

No longer available and Easton doesn't support this model anymore
Spokes hard to find and replacement somewhat difficult

After owning these wheels for many years and miles (>20,000) I can say that these wheels were one of the best bike component purchases I've ever made. They stay true almost no matter what road crap you run into. When my rear derailleur crashed into them some years ago I had to replace spokes and true the rear wheel. Other than that, in about 10 years of riding I've trued maybe 5 spokes. Perhaps it's the straight spokes or rigid rim... dunno, but I continue to be pleased with them. The bearings are still smooth and there's almost zero play. Recently, after cleaning between the cogs using a rag I noticed that there's a bit of hub noise so I think I may have damaged a pawl with my aggressive back-and-forth rag motion. That's hardly a knock to the product though.

[Jun 19, 2013]
Big Bad Chicken

OVERALL
Strength:

straight as an arrow
smooth zero maintenance bearings
Look like they cost 3 x what they do

ummm....no

5000+ miles of abuse on the Chicago streets, pot holes, heaving breaking...from a heavy (210#) rider and...bearings still smooth (with zero play...and zero maintenance) and rims...well, lets just say I lost my spoke wrench and forgot how to true a wheel...5000 miles ago.
Still super cool looking, and reasonably light, a bargain (you'd have to spend twice to get something better).
If you can find a set, grab them...these are some awesome wheels!

[Sep 06, 2011]
stevereeneo

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength - both in terms of flex while riding and durability - these wheels just seem to stay true.
Bang for buck there is not a better wheelset out there

None so far...

Just a great wheelset! Smooth, surprisingly tough and VERY quiet. I've got the Velomax set that had black Easton stickers - which I took off... These wheels were an altrernative set to some Cane Creek Aeroheads - both bread and butter wheelset - but the Easton set is noticeably stiffer. they also seem to stay true through surprisingly rough roads.

Cane Creek Cronos, Aeroheads, Volos,

[Jun 16, 2011]
dumalam

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, stiff and smooth rolling for the price. Quite freewheeling.

Spokes have broken in the first year, and not covered by warranty.

I got these with my Cervelo R3 about a year and half ago. I have really enjoyed riding them, that is, when the spokes haven't been broken.

They are pretty light for the price, and feel pretty stiff during hard efforts and out of the saddle. And the hubs do feel like they roll really well. They feel really smooth and I love that they freewheel quietly.

However, a spoke has broken on each wheel within the first year, and not while riding. Once immediately after a ride, and once just at home several weeks after the latest ride (I was injured). And though they have otherwise always stayed true, even after some bad roads and hard bumps, the thought of getting stranded with a broken spoke is now in the back of my mind when I ride on these wheels.

In theory they are a great training wheel. It's a shame the spokes break so easily. And neither the Cervelo shop from which they were bought, nor the local Easton distributor, would accept that the issue is covered by the warranty.

[Apr 10, 2011]
Raimo

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightness, price, quiet freewheel.

spokes made of noodles.

Great for training. cheap to keep.

[Aug 04, 2010]
dileno

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls like nothing you've seen before.

These wheels rolls like nothing else I've ridden. I'm sure they'll just keep on rolling even after you've stepped off your bike.

Great training wheels. For that kind of money they're a no-brainer.

Dura-Ace 7850 Carbon/Alloy wheels
Nishiki Lite Limited alloy wheels

[May 04, 2010]
Bill

Strength:

Strength
light weight
true
smooth
fast

ther are none

EASTON EC 90SL Clincher: BUY THIS WHEEL! I Use Mavic Keriums for everyday and they are great but nothing to this wheel. Had the EC90 Aero but I did not like the sew ups. The Clincher does give it all to you. Light, Very , very smooth and will take anything. The best Wheel on the market! Forget the PR and AD hype this is the wheel.

Easton EC90 Aero,Mavic, Renolyds, Zipp

[Aug 10, 2009]
TK

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, true out of the box, great ride feel, quiet, smooth hubs. Oozes quality.

I suspect they were heavier than advertized. My bike on my digital bathroom scale gained about 1/2 lb after switching over from Record/Open Pro set. Unreliable, imprecise, but other reviewers with better scales have suggested the same.

These are really well built wheels, especially, but just because of the money. The acceleration and handling of my bike improved immediately over my Record/Open Pro wheels. True right out of the box, stiff enough, buttery, quiet.

My only gripe is that as others have indicated, I didn't trust the weights. I don't have a gram scale, but they felt heavier than my built wheels. I didn't expect them to be uberlightweight, but I was trying not to add weight. I think if they had weighed as advertised, they would have been very close to the wheels they were replacing.

These are a great alternative to built wheels or a good wheelset at this end of the market. In this pricerange, I can't imagine anything beating it.

Record/Open Pro, Ultegra/Open Pro, Rolf Vector, EA90s