Grammo Viper 50c Carbon wheelsets - clincher

Viper 50C Includes wheelbag Features RT8 hi-tech carbon concept, race proven design, team graphics. Includes Grammo brake pads and Grammo Deluxé wheel bag. Hand built, serial numbered. Rim 700c, 50mm deep section, T-700 high modulus carbon clincher rim Front Hub American designed Micro 58, sealed bearing, stylish, light weight, one piece forged aluminum hub shell Rear Hub American designed RD 205, sealed bearing, stylish, light weight, one piece forged aluminum hub shell Freehub Body Light weight aluminium, sealed bearing Spokes DT competition Weight Front 670g, Rear 880g, Total 1550g Quick Release Cro-moly, feature knurled steel for superior grasp Valve Presta Recommended Maximum Rider Weight Limit 90kgs / 200lbs

[Jul 31, 2010]
chris payne

OVERALL

I bo0ught these wheels for £850 to replace the wheels on my Quintanaroo Kilo. Now they look great and felt good on my first race, but my mate Ray Mobbs kicked my backside by thirty seconds, and I normally beat him!! I let my partner use them on a 10mile TT and she is a top rider, she had her slowest time of the season!! Have I just wasted £850 or what??

[Oct 02, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

looks good, strong, great hubs, replacing tires-easy, Very Aero very nice wheels

Very slow stopping power, better pads maybe. Stock pads maybe questionable.

when I first discovered these set of wheels, I didn't know anything about it, reviews and people that I ride with never even heard of it.I took a chance on it for many reasons: the Z-wheel too much,reynolds (awsom wheels) friend has, Williams (sold out)...These Grammo, Vipers clinchers very reasonable priced. Looks good on the Litespeed Vortex. Rollies and flat rides, they fly. But, stopping power on these carbon not so good, one must have to hit the breakes way before the sharp turn or things can happens for the worse. I guess this goes for all Carbon wheel ? (May be). For me crashing my bike twice in one day coming down GMR, I will rethink to use these wheels again for the Mountain Rides. I will continued to use them, one the flats and rollies. I would rather use my Ksyrium or Assent on the hills next time.