ROL Wheels D`Huez wheelsets - clincher

The D'Huez is a result of our best thinking: at the wheel-building bench, the computer design screen and on long late winter rides. From the hubs' internal parts out to the rim's farthest point, we put everything we had into this wheel, among our most popular new designs.

The D'Huez is named for the legendary Alpine climb that's featured in so many Tour de France battles. Our lively 1,430 gram hoops live up to the history and will climb alongside wheels costing many times more.

• 24mm Alloy Aero Rim
  • ROL Skewers and Rim Tape Included

[Aug 07, 2019]
TomPep69

OVERALL
Strength:

It's one thing to make an incredible product. Another thing to market it at a great price. Add in the final ingredients of excellent customer service with knowledgeable staff and you have ROL. I purchased the D'Huez 24/28 wheel set from ROL in early 2014 as an upgrade to my existing aluminum framed road bike. An immediate improvement in overall ride comfort and control. The D'Huez extended the life of my road bike and allowed me to remain competitive with friends that had upgraded to carbon framed road bikes. Last year I purchased a Cervelo and rode it with the stock wheels (Shimano 105's which where very good) for half a season. When I migrated the ROL's to the Cervelo it became the finiest ride I've ever experienced. I had one minor issue (creaking noise) which I exhaustively researched on the internet, talked to Cervelo, my local bike shop and after a lot of troubleshooting on my own I thought I would call ROL. Spoke to the owner Sean and he provided me with the answer and fix on the first try. I highly recommend the product and company. If you are looking to purchase a new wheel set do your research and be sure to include ROL.

No problems at all.

2014
[Jan 08, 2018]
Eddie Avedikian

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, durable and excellent customer support.

I have owned a pair of the D'huez, 20/24, wheels since 2010 and have accumulated just over 44,000 miles. As of today, I am still riding on the same pair of wheels. What is more impressive is that I have never had to replace the bearings. They are still as smooth as the day I bought them. There is not the least bit of axial or radial play! During the first year I punctured the rear tire with only two miles remaining in a race. I was in the lead group and did not want to quit. There were two cattle guards in the last mile. I crossed both of them on a flatted rear tire. I thought for certain the rear rim was bent or out of alignment. To my surprise the rim was still true! No spoke adjustment was necessary. Last month, while on a long ride, I ran over a large twig that flipped up and jammed into rear spokes. The rotation of the wheel carried the twig and jammed into the derailleur. I could not stop in time and the derailleur got sucked up into the spokes and broke. In the process the derailleur hanger broke off the frame. The chain was jammed in between the spokes and the cassette. The rear wheel locked up and blew out the tire. After removing the chain I could see that all the spokes had deep gouges from the chain. I used my chain breaker to cut the chain down to make my bike a single speed. I rode 53 miles back to the house and replaced the chain, hanger and derailleur. To my surprise the wheel was not out of alignment. Since then I have ridden over 400 miles and the wheel is still running flawlessly. One has to stop and think about how much force is placed on a wheel and its spokes in order to rip a dropout hanger off a frame and sill stay in alignment! If this is not a testament to a well-built wheel I have no idea what is!

Campagnolo Eurus G3 Wheels
Campagnolo Nutron Wheels

[Dec 20, 2017]
James S

OVERALL
Strength:

light
stiff
value

none identified

In total I have purchased three Rol wheelsets dating back to 2010 after having met Sean a few years prior at a Denver crit race. I've owned two D'Huez wheelsets (1 sold with a past bike) and the Race SL wheelset (also sold on a bike). I have been extremely pleased with the quality of Rol wheels right out of the box. I am currently riding the D'Huez wheelset which I purchased after selling the stock Mavic Kysrium wheels on my bike. One of the driving reasons for the purchase was the peace of mind of superior service after the sale which Sean and Rol are known for and supporting a SBO. It also helps out that Rol provides neutral wheel support for racers here in Colorado. Fortunately I've had no issues with this wheelset as it has performed flawlessly. I highly recommend Rol wheels if you are seeking a high quality wheelset and superior customer service.

[Jun 11, 2017]
Fletcher Burrus

OVERALL
Strength:

Wow just an incrdible wheel set ! wow ! the beat wheel set for the money 1 in the World ! My 24-28s ate so incredibly light ; and so responsive ! Sean Lambert and whole team @Rol are the finest wheel company for value ;quality and customer service ! In the World -bar none 1 See for yourself 1 just fantastic wheels for all levels and diciplines !

No weakness es ! none ! what so ever ! just super strong -durable and so lite !

The best wheels for the money ! any-where ! and incredible ; fantastic customer -service with every set ! Rol has set a new standard ! for racers ; recreational and every riider ! Amazing wheels and the best people ! get on a set !! today ! Fletcher

[Jun 07, 2017]
Todd

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and responsive

None so far

Replaced the Ultegra Wheels that came on my Colnago. Initial thoughts after two rides (30 miles rolling hills, flats and one big hill) and a 20-mile ride (flat). I am 5'9 200 pounds so going up big steep hills is still going up big hills by a fat guy. So not a ton of difference there....there was some and over a longer period of time on some big hills, I think the difference would be greater. HOWEVER, these wheels made a HUGE DIFFERENCE on the rollers and small hills. They wanted to spin and spin and spin....they outperformed me and wanted to go faster than I was able to take them. Serious difference in the ability to get up and over the rollers without losing speed or having to sprint to keep the speed up. So much so that I posted a personal best on my 30-mile ride. These wheels just want to go fast. Seem very light and well-made( no flex, squeeks or pings). Looking forward to spending more time on them this summer and will update. So far so good.

[Mar 11, 2017]
Mike O'Bryan

OVERALL
Strength:

The D’huez wheels are durable, lightweight, serviceable and don’t break the bank. After 500 hundred miles on the new wheelset I am very happy with the product, especially with the ease of acceleration when attacking and bridging. The wheels also handle well in cross winds which is important for me as a lighter rider in the pack. The 23mm tire on the front feels so good I’m planning to go 23mm on the back when the 25mm wears out. I have also noticed a bunch of other riders using Rolwheels around Washington, DC. Another benefit, I am killing it on Strava when on the D'huez wheels.

Only one color option.

I needed a replacement wheelset. I identified the replacement wheel hardware to replace one of my end-of-life wheelsets and was going to employ my local bike shop to build up the new wheelset. Just before pulling the trigger with the LBS, I found the D'huez specs, which were almost identical to mine. I took a chance with the Rolwheel D'huez. The D’huez arrived well packaged in just over a week. The build and hardware quality has exceeded my expectations. I wanted light and stiff. They delivered, and with the comfortably wide rim bed I can run narrower tires that feel 2mm wider.

My typical wheelset has been Mavic OpenPro with DT Swiss 14/15, 3-cross, alloy nipples, on many top shelf 32 hole hubs.

[Sep 29, 2016]
Luke

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, light, fast and wonderful ride quality.

No apparent weaknesses.

Recently purchased D'Huez 24X28 as an upgrade from OEM Fulcrum wheels on Specialized Roubaix. OEM were harsh, loud and not particularly stable at high speeds. I chose the D'Huez based upon the reviews I've read and after speaking with Sean at Rol Wheelworks. I have approximately 100 miles on them and they are everything I was hoping for: light, strong, quiet and a supple road-feel. I've always enjoyed climbing and find these wheels make the most of any effort put into the hills. The combination of wheels and 24mm S-Works tires creates an amazing ride quality. Most of my rides are on chip and seal rural roads and the roughness now seems to disappear at 100psi. Cornering at speed has improved tremendously and I've improved my speed on rides from .5 to 1.3mph. All-in-all, a very significant upgrade that has brought out the best in a very good bike at a reasonable price.

Rolf Pro Vector, Bontrager Race Lite

[Jan 01, 2016]
Brabdon

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, fast, reliable, durable, great price, never have had to true wheels since purchasing them.

Honestly can't think of one weakness.

I am not a believer in many companies, but Rol wheels are light, reliable, and they stay true no matter what you roll over. I am such a fan of this wheel I will be purchasing there mtb 29er rims soon. Good luck finding a bad review on the D'huez.

[Aug 21, 2015]
Louis Feiten

OVERALL
Strength:

This review is for the newest wide D'Huez model. Grest Value!! Best customer service.Stiff, strong, wide rim. My 24/28 D'Huez set was 1474 grams out if the box. Nice clean look. Goes with any color bike.Xlnt climbing , descending, paceline.

None.!!

This review is for the newest wide D'Huez model. Grest Value!! Stiff, strong, wide rim. My 24/28 D'Huez set was 1474 grams out if the box. Nice clean look. Goes with any color bike.

Simply the best customer service by ANY company!! Never had a failure. Super reliable with spokes you can easily replace. I had spokes fail on my Ksyrium SL set and my Ksyrium Elite. Support did not have the Mavic spokes.

I have owned Ksyrium Elites and SL, Easton EA90SL's, American Classic 350 sprints, Reynolds 32's, FFWD 38's,
DT Swiss Mon Chasseral,etc. They are all gone.

If I had to own just one set of wheels..it would be the Rol D'Huez 24/28's.

DT Swiss Mon Chasseral,etc.

[Nov 09, 2014]
YZ 343

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, smooth, durable, really good hubs

Picked up my set of D'Huez in October of 2012. These were the first of the wider version rims.
Bought them mainly for hill climbs, but they never came off once they were on. Replaced a set of Mavic Ksyrium Equipe. Immediately noticed a big improvement in ride quality and handling. Since buying these wheels, I have tried some other wheels that friends have let me try out, which include Mavic Carbon Cosmic and Dura Ace C-24 and Reynolds 50mm rims laced to White Industries hubs and Sapim Cxrays. All these wheels had strong points, but I like the Rol's the most followed closely by the C24's.
I have about 10K miles so far. About 20 crits, 10 road races, 4 circuit races and about 10 hill climbs among those miles. I have crashed on them in a crit and slammed numerous potholes and have yet to true them. I weigh 165 lbs and own the 20-24 spoke wheels.Originally I was worried about them being too flimsy for my weight. No more worries in that department.
They made my bike look and feel like a completely different bike. Also, I have the opportunity to buy other wheels for a substantial team discount and still stick with the Rol's. I took my bike to my bike shop for a new chain and left it over night. When I came in the next day, the shop owner was asking me all kinds of questions about my wheels. He was shocked at how well they rolled and praised them for living up to their name.
As mentioned in many posts, the customer service is great. I'm now planning on converting to 11 speed and sending my rear wheel in for an updated hub.

Mavic, Shimano