ROL Wheels Race SLR wheelsets - clincher

The Race SLR is the big brother to the SL, with the same proprietary hub and rim design but with four more Sapim CX Ray spokes per wheel for more aggressive or larger riders or more abusive terrain.

The Race SLR features the same rim as the SL, with its tire-boosting 23mm width and 28mm height for aerodynamics and stiffness.

• 28mm Alloy Aero Rim
  • ROL Skewers and Rim Tape Included

[Oct 29, 2018]
Jimmynickelz

OVERALL
Strength:

I've ridden these wheels halfway across the country from St.Louis Missouri to Washington DC. I've raced on them and won't race on any other wheel. I have two sets and I happily sold my Zipp 808's to buy a new set. Ive done centuries on them. They are by far the best wheelset I've ever purchased. The quality of the construction is second to none. They spin up fast and they roll forever. They aren't the lightest wheels in the world, but you'll be hard-pressed to find a better all-around wheel than these especially if you're over 200 pounds.

None that I know

2018
[Jun 10, 2017]
Dean Brainerd

OVERALL
Strength:

strength, stability, great in the wind, outstanding customer service, tremendous value.

been riding on this wheelset for 3 months and have 500 miles on them. haven't identified any concerns.

I have a 2 year old trek sl5 and was looking for a wheelset upgrade, but wasn't interested in paying the same amount for a wheelset as I did for the bike. At 210-lbs much of my research indicated that my options would be somewhat limited. Initially when I read about ROL wheels I was pessimistic if the quality would match the value. I had lots of questions for the ROL team. They were very patient with my lack of expertise and helped me choose the best wheel for my riding style and physical build. right out of the box, i was impressed. the quality of materials used is outstanding and they look great on the bike. i decided to go with the 25mm rims at Paul's recommendation. What an tremendous ride and boy are these wheels fast. can't say enough about the customer service and the value for the dollar. I will recommend these wheels for anyone looking for a wheelset upgrade.

[Oct 09, 2016]
Ted

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, fast, nice looking, great value. Great Customer Service.

Have not found one yet.

I put about 1000 miles on my Dura Ace C24 wheels. I competed in local events, and thought they were great, but somehow I got a bend in them. I was afraid to get another set of carbon rims, because I'm about 200 lbs. and didn't want to spend $2000, and bend them too. I came across ROL and bought a set of Race SLR's. They weigh about 100 grams or so more than my Dura Ace C24's, but I absolutely love them. I am averaging faster rides, and I just logged my fastest 20k with these rims. I opted for the ROL Hub, and am very pleased with the speed of it. These wheels are great on flats, and rolling hills, and I don't notice much of a difference on big hills either. I almost feel like I'm carrying more speed into the hill and am able to maintain it. Love these wheels, and I love this company. Made in the USA and great customer service. They are very nice looking also.

Dura Ace C24

[Jun 19, 2016]
Matt H

OVERALL
Strength:

Great performance for riders who want well-built fast, light wheels.
Top class customer service.

Summary: These wheels are great.

Rider: I am a 105kg, 6'5'' rider who would be more at home on a rugby pitch. I compete in Sportive's and multi-stage amateur races.

Experience: I perviously owned a pair of Mavic Cosmic's, they broke within a year. I then moved to a pair of Mavic Ksyrium Eltie's the spokes broke within 18months.
I bought a set of the Rol SLR and they have been fabulous both on the flats and also climbing. Obviously with the 105kg frame I can descend pretty fast and these wheels take the corners with ease. They are light and also look sleek.

Definitely well worth buying a set.

[May 15, 2016]
Lane Miller

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid, dependable wheelset. Great for climbing and descending.

I have had this wheelset a little over 3 years. After breaking spokes several times on the stock wheels that came with my Cannondale CAAD 9, I began looking to upgrade. I researched the options and decided the ROL Race SLR was the best choice. I was immediately impressed by the stiffness and the improved handling on rough roads. I ride in the Sierra's in central California and have found this to be an excellent climbing and descending wheel set. Very sure footed, handles excellent, carves corners with confidence. This is a great wheelset for the 200+ lb rider who likes to ride mountain classic rides like Climb to Kaiser or The Death Ride (both rides >15,000 ft of climb)

ROL wheels rock!. Don't just read the reviews, buy a set and you will be immediately impressed with their quality and improved ride experience. Lightweight, rock solid, great value.

[Apr 15, 2016]
Michael Welvaert

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weigh, Great for heavier "Clydesdale" cyclists, value and the customer service is unparalleled.

These wheels are amazing. I am a "Clydesdale" cyclist and beginner triathlete. I have a new 2016 Cannondale Supersix 105 Evo. I put these wheels on the bike and the speed and performance were a big difference. I purchased a new tri-bike and I am outfitting that bike with the same wheels. They look great, feel great and my performance has increased. Besides all of that, the customer service is amazing. I had a lot of questions and comparisons with wheels. They answered everyone right away. Always pleasant on the phone and accommodating. I would recommend ROL Wheels to everyone. When I get more competitive, I will definitely stay with ROL.

[Feb 23, 2016]
Josh Staudinger

OVERALL
Strength:

Price
Durability/Bulletproof
Craftsmanship
Customer service

At 210 lbs I'm a bit heavier than most cyclists. I have a 2013 Specialized Tarmac SL-4 expert. The OEM wheels were junk...when I cranked hard on them they would flex so bad that the brakes would rub. I went through 2 sets of Mavic Ksyrium wheels. 1 was the SR with big aluminum spokes and the other was the Elite S with stainless spokes. Well, I broke the aluminum SR's on 2 separate occasions. The stainless spokes of the Elites didn't break but were always out of true and when I leaned on the front wheel to sprint or climb I could hear the hub rattle with the spokes moving around/flexing. I searched the web for "wheels for Clydesdales". Every search I did and every forum I read through recommended Rol wheels. My lovely wife bought me a set of Race SL-R's for Christmas 2015. I've put about 500 miles on them so far and I love them! They look sharp, have a decent aerodynamic shape, and they are beyond solid! I've held back on my previous wheels because I would either get brake rub, break a spoke, or bend the wheel. I've put all I've got into these wheels and I am rewarded with pure acceleration! I am also proud to own a set of wheels that do all of the above and are made in the USA. I would recommend these wheels to anyone who wants a light weight wheel that's bulletproof and attractive. Good job Rol!

Mavic Ksyrium SR
Mavic Ksyrium Elite S

[Sep 15, 2013]
Tim Acevedo

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, stiffness, low rolling resistance, bullet proof, high quality construction, resistance to snake biting the tubes when hitting pud-holes

None, so far.

I bought this wheels, they are 2013, based on the reviews. I took a chance, since no one I know has them. I have no regrets.
This wheels don't transfer any energy to the road, the take the abuse of poorly paved roads. I have hit a couple of pud-holes and these wheels stayed true, not even a sign of the impact.
When cruising I can feel how little acceleration they loose, must be the aerodynamics of the spokes.Which they are nice, small profile, stiff blades.
I am a recreational rider. I do group rides, 3 times a week, 20-23 mph. Weekends is a 47 mile ride, 23-25 mph. and centuries as much as possible.

Reynolds, Spinergy,

[May 01, 2013]
Scott b.

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, fast, strong wheels

N/A

I had to write about these wheel. I shopped and looked and researched reviews. I almost got Easton, Mavic, HED, etc. , but finally settled on these wheel. The decision was based on the reviews, the specs, and price. I love the, and with 500+ miles - I have no troubles and can't get over the improvement in my rides. I think any upper end wheel set will improve ypur time and enjoyment, but these are a great for the price and performance!! Get them and you won't regret it. I am 6' 215# on carbon bike. .

Own; Dura ace, easton 90slx, shimano wheels too

[Apr 21, 2013]
jonathan

OVERALL
Strength:

LIGHT, Strong and Super Fast

Graphics are Stickers

Wow what a wheel- I am a mid level rider 220 lbs. I won't say which wheelset I dumped (big name brand) I increased my mph by 2 per hour just by changing to the SLR wheel set. I am able to sustain speed longer and going uphill is not as dreadful as it used to be. I have hit just about every bump and pothole in the area where I ride and these wheels are as true as the day I purchased them. Thanks Rol for a great product!
2012 Trek Madone 3.1 - RACE SLR Rol Wheelset - Continental 4000s Tires - 100 Miles Per Week - Mesa Arizona