Shimano Dura-Ace WH-9000-C24-CL Carbon wheelsets - clincher

Best Price At

Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 C24 Carbon Clincher Wheelset is Shimano's top-of-the-range 11-speed compatible road wheelset. The staple of the new 9000 series Dura-Ace Groupset, the C24 highlights a very responsive wheel that will out-accelerate and out-climb just

[May 21, 2020]
UnkleLar

OVERALL
Strength:

The perfect wheel for me. With 700x26 Specialized Cotton feels like Clement Champion Del Mondo tubular from the 70's. If you know what this is you are not only old but experienced.

None. Maybe proprietary spokes.

Price Paid:
$800.00
Model Year:
2020
[Apr 13, 2016]
lebikerboy

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, strong, fast.

The alloy rim surface on these rims is only .7mm thick...

What was Shimano thinking about when in order to make these rims lighter they reduced the thickness of the alloy rim sidewall
from 1.3mm of the Dura Ace 7900 to .7mm for the Dura Ace 9000. That's a 45% decrease in material!!! As a result, the tell tales
have nearly disappeared after only 4000 km's and that is bloody ridiculous. I keep my rims clean and use Kool Stop salmon pads which while they wear quickly don't abrade your rims.
I'll be looking at different rims the next time around which unfortunately will be soon...

[Nov 03, 2015]
James Opton

OVERALL
Strength:

Buttery smooth. Compliant.

none so far

I previously had the C24 7850 and gave them away when i went to 11 speed. I thought I'd try another brand but have recently come back to the DA 9000 C24. I now remember why I loved these wheels. Should never have gone away from them. Acceleration is noticeably "snappier"- both on the flats and on hills, whether seated or out of the saddle. I don't notice any flex, although to be fair I'm no Fabian Cancellara. The wheels really absorb road buzz when paired with 25mm tires. Descending with the 25 mm tire is very confident. Also, tires are also very easy to take on and off, I don't need a tire lever. They just feel smooth and are whisper quiet which I like. Couldn't be happier.

DA 7850 C24. Rol D'Huez. Hed Belgium custom build with White Industry hubs.

[Sep 08, 2014]
Ron

OVERALL
Strength:

Dura Ace quality build.

Workman-like overall

I needed another pair of clinchers and rather than another of Easton EA90SLX (great wheels), I went with these, honestly because I'm so impressed with my DA 9000 group.
They're very nice wheels. They don't do anything bad, but they also are not terribly exciting. They don't climb as well as the Eastons. When I stand to climb or sprint, all else, tires,etc, the same, they just get on with the job but there's a liveliness missing.
Too bad. Maybe a good deal will pop up on Eastons.

[Mar 21, 2013]
Tim

OVERALL
Strength:

Gorgeous! lighter, stronger, better rolling wheel.

none..except Dura-ace price, but you get what you pay for.

A definite upgrade over the 7900 C24 CL's....lighter, stronger, better looking graphics and a full titanium free-hub this time around. They roll superbly straight from the box - the 7900's needed the seals ground down and different grease installed to match these. Very impressed and pleased.

[Mar 04, 2013]
Gaz

OVERALL
Strength:

Elegant look, understated graphics

Marginal performance improvement over WH560's.
Price

Sure the WH560's were tuned (bearings) to perfection and rolled beautifully, carrying excellent speed on the flats and descents, but at 1790 grams compared to the new C24's, with an almost 420 gram reduction and with the best in Shimano wheel technology, I expected a discernible difference. Did I get it...quite frankly...no. Out of the box, the WH560's (new old stock - $179 AUD) rolled better and were faster (4-6 bike lengths) on the descents than the C24's. I noticed only a marginal improvement on climbs. The big difference was road buzz from C24's...not excessive, but noticeable on the first ride. Yes both wheelsets were running Schwable Ultremo ZX 700x23c with Michellin Aircomp (75gram tubes). The bearings seemed tight on the C24's and the LBS said don't touch the pre-load, they will loosen up after 100 miles. Not that I could adjust them anyway, the knurled adjustment knob would not budge whatsoever, even with the encouragement of a pair of multi-grips (yes the end-cap was removed with the Allen key). For $950 (AUD) I expected better from the C24's and to say I'm disappointed is certainly an understatement. On the plus side they look great on my 2012 Cannondale Synapse. All the reviewers that swear by the Dura Ace performance lift must have been riding on previous steel 38 spoke rimsets when making the comparison. I'm sorry but I just didn't experience that difference. Sure the WH560's delivered outstanding test results in the 2006 multi-wheel multi-brand industry test against much more expensive rivals, but they're 7 years old technology. Live and learn I guess.

Shimano WH560