Spinergy Stealth PBO wheelsets - clincher

Spinergy Stealth PBO Road Wheels: Ideal for crits, short course triathlons and everyday riding. 43mm super light 3K carbon clincher rim with aluminum brake surface. 16 front, 20 rear double butted stainless steel spokes, radial 2-cross lacing black or white available

[Jul 19, 2017]
Matt

OVERALL
Strength:

Ideal wheel set for clydesdales and racers alike. Stay true forever and are bullet-proof. Easy maintenance. Very aero and spin up nice for their weight.

Little on the heavy side (especially with the new bladed PBOs).

Outstanding value wheel set. The customer service is top notch and the Spinergy team will go well out of their way to service your wheels and ensure you are happy--some of the best customer service I have ever seen. On to the wheels--they are heavy (bladed PBOs around 1750+ grams), but they roll well, spin up fast and easily help me hold speed on flats and rolling hills. Big climbs are little tougher, but again, Im a 210 lb Clydesdale!! These wheels stay true forever and are bullet proof. I highly recommend these for someone looking for aero on a budget, but still expecting quality!!

Reynolds Assault

[Apr 03, 2017]
Ed Moore

OVERALL
Strength:

Great value for the price. Look great. Do anything wheelset.

weight

Bought a used Tarmac and inherited a set of these wheels. Have been very happy with them. Fortunately for me I live in San Diego near their headquarters and was able to take my wheels into them for a tune up. They adjusted all the spokes, inspected the axle and hub, and cleaned and re greased them. Great customer service. Would recommend these wheels.

[Dec 21, 2016]
David Struble

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong and responsive. I have raced this wheelset for the last 3 years. I love the fact that when you need to drive the pace or sprint the wheelset reacts quickly and accordingly.

I haven't found any weaknesses yet.

A very good bang for your buck wheelset. I also enjoy the fact that they are fully customizable. Mine are yellow on the drive side and black on the non drive side. You can bring your own flavor to the wheelset. This wheelset races well in short to medium distance duathlons and triathlons

[Nov 14, 2016]
Todd

OVERALL
Strength:

Price
Performance
Durability
Looks

I have yet to find any draw backs to these wheels.

I have several sets of Spinergy PBO wheels as well as Rev X wheels. Rev X sets were all purchased used for various prices. Love the looks of them as well as the function. I've had no issues with form or function. On top of great performance they still look bad ass. I have several sets of the Stealth PBO wheels and I believe you can't buy a better wheel at this value point. They perform as well as wheels at twice the cost. The smooth performance is also unrivaled. I am extremely hard on my bikes and wheels (road and TT bikes) and I have not had any wheels out of true or have any other issues. I've put them all through the ringer in hopes of finding what their limits are and I have yet to find it. I never hesitate to but used sets that I find for a good value. I have also pulled many of my friends into the Spinergy cult following. Use them, you'll absolut love them.

[Jul 14, 2016]
Mark Drake

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, durable, stay true, comfortable ride, great looks

My buddies want to steal them

I ride a FORCE RX Handcycle and my wheels of choice are Spinergy POB/carbon alloy clincher wheels mounted with Tufo tubular clincher tires. This combination gives me the best possible ride on a handcycle. I have been building wheels since the mid seventies professionally in my bike shops and have never seen a more reliable wheel than Spinergy's POB built wheels. I mentioned the Tufo tire because, mated with Spinergys wheels there isn't a more comfortable combination on a handcycle. I would assume a bicycle would be the same, because I an no longer ride a bike to compare the ride. I also have a Freedom Ryder LC1 which I ride occasionally with stainless spokes and Tufo tires but hands down. Spinergy is the best ride!

[Jan 19, 2016]
igosolo

OVERALL
Strength:

Bombproof
Look great
There is an 11 speed conversion hub available
Wheels soak up the road chatter with the PBO spokes
Priced right
Great customer service

Not super light, but neither am I.
Need to keep an eye on the rear hub and service as required, can creak some if it gets loose.

I am 6'6 and 225-230 lbs so not gentle on bike parts. I got a set of these wheels with a used bike I purchased and the previous owner was my size. His take was that these were the best wheels he had ever ridden and bomb proof. I was skeptical coming from several cracked and out of true other brand rims. Well I am glad that he was right. These are the best wheels I have ever ridden and have never required truing after 1000's of miles. Bought a 2nd set brand new a few years back and they have performed just as well. I bunny hop imperfections in the road all the time and even curbs if I need to and have no worries about these wheels.

Are they the lightest wheels, no, but at my size durability is crucial but I also like a good looking wheel with some aero advantage so this is a winner for me.

I have worked with Spinergy Customer Service a couple times over the years to get rear hub parts and advice on the rebuild and it has been great.

After 17,000 combined miles on my 2 wheel sets with never needing a true, I am a believer and they both have 1000's more miles left in them.

[Jul 09, 2015]
Marco Iven

OVERALL
Strength:

Super comfortable, smooth spinning, extremely durable, great looking

Not the lightest wheelset

I have owned this set for 6 years and have put 6000+ miles on them including many many bunch sprints and I am a Clydesdale. These wheels have stayed totally true, I have never broken a spoke or nipple and I cannot believe how comfortable they are. After so many miles my cassette body needed to be replaced. I live close enough to Carlsbad that I took the wheel to Spinergy and Joe in service did the repair on the spot and gave a me a tour of the facility. This is an awesome company and they deliver exceptional service, I will only ride Spinergy!

Topolino, Mavic

[Apr 13, 2015]
Adam

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, nimble

I rode these wheels for a couple of years until being hit by a car, crushing the back wheel. Never had to have them trued. I love them so much, I didn't even look at another set/brand. I do lots of riding in the foothills of North Carolina, averaging 17 mph. and simply love how easy they are to push uphill. They make for fast and stiff downhills too, keeping the bike steady. Still, comfortable on some rougher surfaces too. Despite how nimble the bike feels, the ride is quite smooth.

[Aug 13, 2014]
Tallguy

OVERALL
Strength:

Bombproof, look great, ride great, affordable

Heavier than a lot of other choices, rear hub requires regular maintenance

These are by far the best wheels I have ever owned. I am 6'6", 230 lbs and literally break Mavics, but the Spinergy Stealth PBOs have held up and stayed true for thousands of miles. I have 2 sets, one on my main bike with at least 15,000 miles and one on my backup bike with 6,000 miles and the only thing I ever need to do is service the rear hub to prevent creaking, but it is well worth the effort and an easy task. The PBO spokes also provide some dampening of the road vibration which has kept me comfortable on a stiff frame.

Yes the wheels are heavier than a lot of others, but so am I. Dollar for dollar, ounce for ounce I think these are extremely affordable and a great choice for an everyday wheelset.

Now I am just waiting for a disc version for my cross bike to come out....

[Jul 30, 2014]
Ben Sampson

OVERALL
Strength:

Spins up to speed very quickly, gives my Roubaix an even smoother ride, Price, they handle the wind very well

Somewhat heavy, Does not come with ceramic bearings, can't upgrade to better hubs

The wheel absorbs a great deal of road buzz, my hands feels less fatigued after long rides. They spin up and hold speed well I can't compare them to any other carbon wheel, my other sets of wheels are alloy and are a lot lighter. But they don't give a better road feel as the Spinergy wheel set.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.