Spinergy Stealth SS wheelsets - clincher

Lightweight and super strong, the Stealth SS offers aerodynamics and a 45mm carbon rim at the price of competitor's aluminum wheels.

[May 24, 2017]
Justin

OVERALL
Strength:

This is the ONLY carbon wheelset that is able to be trued that is built strong enough (due to the PBO Spoke technologies) to handle clydesdales without being "custom" built and custom ordered. The HED 3 is also built to handle larger riders, but you cannot true them (a major drawback in the long run if you plan on riding these on rough surfaces in the real world).

They are light, smooth, and durable.

Being a clincher with aluminum braking surface is also absolutely awesome so you can use them for training too (not to mention the wide variety of tires that you can choose from in a clincher, in width and quality etc).

I have yet to put over 5000 miles on them, so I do not know what the longevity of the hubs is, but they are smooth and buttery still (around 3K on them).

FYI: I'm 6' tall, and weigh between 210 and 230 depending on the season. I've not had to true these, which is impressive given the lower spoke count.

None that I've been able to identify.

These are a durable carbon wheel without a weight limit and are able to be trued, which puts them in a class of their own.

HED 3 Clincher

[Sep 04, 2011]
kevin

OVERALL
Strength:

Seem to be super strong, roll really good & seem to be fast for most races

None from me so far!!

Look fantastic on the bike an roll really well,Great on the flat's and smaller hills but larger hills I'd go to a lighter wheel, Haven't had problems at all with these & I've hit a few pot holes & ur roads aren't the smoothest

Zipp 303s & Mavic

[Sep 13, 2010]
Joseph

OVERALL
Strength:

Look great on my 2007 LeMond Zurich! Definite increase in speed on flats to rolling terrain. Perceived effort on rides seems to be reduced, as the aero design really assists in cutting through the air. I believe in these wheels!

Not great for long climbs or sprints. Truing is a bother, in that the adjustments are made within the wheel, meaning you have to remove the tire, tube and tape. unlike the Neuvations, I've had to true these twice in three months. Albeit, I am a heavier rider (225) and Ohio roads can be rough in this present economy. Crosswinds on a downhill can be scary if you're not prepared!

Bought these to compliment a pair of Neuvation R28's, and to try to improve my results in local TT's. They have certainly done the latter, improving my max speed by 2.7MPH, and decreasing my time in a 10 mile TT by 1:07. They feel fast in the flats and downhill. However, they are a bit heavy and not as reactive as the Neuvations in climbs and sprints.

Neuvation M28 Aero; Neuvation R28-SL; Ksyrium Elite

[Mar 01, 2010]
gcrockey

OVERALL
Strength:

when I could not find a spinergy dealer in Michigan I called the company and they immediately had me send the wheels to them and fixed them and returned them to me free of charge. I am ready for the new season! Thanks Spinergy

No current dealers in Michigan

Very happy with these wheels -have noticed a 2-3 mph increase. Wear extremely well and when I needed service -the Spinergy company was outstanding

[Mar 01, 2010]
Greg Rockey

OVERALL
Strength:

The spinergy service department is super. When we could not find a local bike shop that would help us (none had worked on spinergy wheels before) a call to Spinergery resulted in our sending the wheels to them and free service and return. We are ready for the coming season! Thanks Spinergy!

We could not find a local dealer in Michigan at this time - but the company certainly stands behind their product and helped us our to more than our satisfaction.

My wife and I have found our Spinergy wheels to live up to all they are advertised to be. Not only have our wheels increased our rpm, but the Spinergy service really blew us out of the water.

[Sep 21, 2009]
pacelinepat

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, stiff, cool white only graphics.

heavier that advertised. Spotty carbon finish. Spokes aren't bladed, but do they need to be?

I purchased these wheels because at the time, I couldn't find any PBO wheels for my budget. So I went for the SS. I was not all that impressed until I rode them. What a difference! They spin up faster and are stiffer than my Mavic krysium elites. The speed difference is at least 2mph. I can sprint over 30 easily and hold it for much longer. The aero advantage is very pronounced. look to be bulletproof. I would highly recommend them. Next time, PBO spokes

neuvation, mavic, alex

[Oct 11, 2006]
sworks37

OVERALL
Strength:

NICE STURDY, CARBON WHEELS,THAT DELIVER, AND WONT BREAK THE BANK.

IF YOUR WIEGHT CONCIOUS, THERE IS A NOTICABLE ADDITION OF WEIGHT, IN WICH THERE ARE ALUMINUM DEEP SECTION WHEELS WICH ARE LIGHTER, AND COST ABOUT THE SAME.BUT IF YOU LOVE THE WAY CARBON WHEELS LOOK, WHO CARES.

I purchased these wheels several months ago despite lots of negative feedback on the trillium wheels. but i must say these wheels deliver. very stiff and responsive, not bad to look at, as well.I USE THEM FOR WEEKEND RIDES, I USE MY VELOMAX CIRCUITS, DURING THE WEEK.ITS ONLY BEEN THREE MONTHS WITH NO PROBLEMS.

VELOMAX CIRCUIT WHEELS

[Jul 20, 2006]
Clydsdale Roadie

OVERALL
Strength:

The wheels are stiffer than my Kysrium SLs and just as reliable.

I have written review on these wheels in January and now six months later I have over 3500 miles and the wheels have performed flawlessly. The wheelshave remained true and no loose spokes. You cannot beat the price of carbon wheels with this quality and performance.

Ksyrium SLs, Cosmic Elites, Shimano.

[Jan 22, 2006]
Clydsdale Roadie

OVERALL
Strength:

Spins up very fast. No flex. Light for carbon aero wheels that are not full carbon.

Stiffness of wheels produces a stiffer ride.

I guess I would be considered a large rider at 6 foot 2 inches and 190 pounds. I have put 500 miles on the wheels and found them to spin up very rapidly. I have a set of Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels and the Spinergy Stealth SS wheels are much stiffer and have no flex with my larger body weight and they weigh only 50 grams more than the Ksyriums. (Stealth SS = 1740gm, Ksyrium SL = 1690 gm). My opinion is that the Spinergy Stealth SS wheels are equal in overall performance if not greater in performance on flat rides. Climbing performance the Spinergy Stealth SS wheels are more responsive out of the saddle because of their stiffness. Overall climbing performance there is no difference. So far I am very pleased with the Spinergey Stealth SS.

Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.