Spinergy Tilium Carbon SS wheelsets - clincher

• Deep 43mm aero section Tilium carbon rim
  • Anodized aluminum braking surface
  • Stainless steel spokes
  • Custom US-made machined hubs with sealed cartridge bearings
  • Custom alloy freehub body with a vacuum seal

[Aug 22, 2020]
jeffbozo

OVERALL
Strength:

With pnly 140 miles on them the rear non drive side spokes came loose. One of them was so loose it ground into the carbon part of the rim. The Spinergy rep at Sea Otter told me there was no weight limit on these wheels.. I think he's wrong... I weigh 198 lbs and I am too heavy for these wheels... I rated them 5 flaming turds becuase they are very inexpensive and are a gerat value for a lighter rider. The aluminum braking surface helps to extend the life of the wheels as well.

Purchased:
Used
[Jan 26, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, sturdy and trustworthy.

Like any other piece of precise gear in this "GIG", knowledge and patience are the key to their success. The lose hubs are an easy fix as a little tightening with the proper cone wrench works wonders. Truing is a breeze as spokes have very minute adjustments. I have over 6000 miles on my set over roads that make the Paris-Roubaix seem like butter, and they have taken the holes and cracks very respectively. I clean, adjust and lube all my wheels after EVERY spin and it makes a world of difference...no matter the manufactor.

Zipp, Hed etc.

[Jun 24, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Rigid, aero, fairly light, good price

The spoke mentioned above (and would like aero spokes)

Seems this wheel either hits or misses, in my case I guess it is pretty much a hit. First off I weigh around 205 and can flex anything on a good climb. Now for the Tilium wheels I really have not noticed really much flex at all. Actually the only time I did experience and flex, I failed to fully tighten the rear wheel. With that said I have about 400 miles on them and have had a problem with one non-drive side rear spoke (tightening it back was no problem). So would I recommend the wheels, yes they can take a beating and will help get you the extra 1-2 mph.

Velomax Tempest II Velomax Circuit

[May 31, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff rims. Nice looking wheel from a distance.

Terrible performance. Rims too stiff for the spoke/hub set up. You could push the hub and see the flex. Wrong spoke wrench supplied with wheel. Impossible to tighten spokes even if you wanted to. Finish on carbon rims was average at best.

All I can say is beware! Very disappointed. I bought these to go on my new P2K. They were terrible from the get go. Whenever I got out of the saddle to sprint or climb, the flex from the hub out to the rim was unreal on both wheels. Spokes creaked all day on rear wheel. Finish on the carbon rims was so-so at best and one word for the spokes and hub set up "MUSH". Nytro were very helpful and took the wheels back and I traded for more expensive but tried and true Zipp's. I'm happy now.

Zipp 303's and 404's.

[May 14, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, aerodynamic

Weak spokes