Topolino carbon core AX3.0 wheelsets - clincher

Topolino AX3.0 Clincher Wheelset: After extensive research and exhaustive testing, we have blended aerodynamics, strength, durability, and lateral stiffness to create the awe inspiring Carbon Core AX3.0. Joining our slippery smooth 30mm clincher rim

[Jan 05, 2010]
DGiviner

OVERALL
Strength:

see above.

not as smooth riding as my other topolinos (CX2.0s, or VX4.0s), but still smoother than any wheel with metal spokes. they look either great or terrible, depending on the bike and your tastes. these wheels are bulletproof, but if you do snap a spoke, it requires hub disassembly for repair. don't think i'll ever see this happen, though.

i'm 6'2", around 215lbs. The AXs ride super smooth, are unbelievably stiff under torque, and are far lighter than anything this durable. they look awesome, too!

mavic, zipp, american classic, reynolds, just about everything. i run topolinos on all three of my bikes.

[Jul 13, 2009]
DirkWackett

OVERALL
Strength:

a sweet tight ride for a very reasonable price.

still waiting to see..

My new Topolino AX's are aces.. wot a difference over metal spokes!

cosmic carbone premium

[Feb 26, 2008]
jbcramer

OVERALL
Strength:

weight, strength, aerodynamics.

See my post on the CX2.0s...

I got a set of the AX3.0s along with the CX2.0s (for TTs). Ride quality is sublime, but these AX3.0s are a bit stiffer and more aerodynamic -- great for us 'larger' riders.