Bontrager release dedicated GR2 Gravel Shoe
Bontrager releases an all-new shoe that’s purpose-built for gravel but perfect for a multitude of off-road surfaces. GR2 is the ideal choice for the modern-day gravel rider, perfect for lengthy off-road adventures, endurance events, and the occasional cyclocross race. It features easily adjustable laces, a grippy Foray outsole for added stability on rough terrain, and durable synthetic leather upper with GnarGuard abrasion resistance to combat dust and debris.
“Gravel riding is getting more and more popular, and people want a shoe that’s built to explore. The GR2 Gravel Shoe ticks all the boxes. It’s comfortable, durable, and walkable, so you can have bigger, bolder adventures.” – April Beard, Bontrager Director of Product for Helmets and Shoes.
Bontrager GR2 Gravel Shoe Highlights
- A durable, traditional lace closure system with a convenient elastic lace keeper allows for infinite adjustability and quick replacements if needed.
- A 2-bolt SBD-compatible Tachyon rubber outsole gives you a better grip on all terrains.
- GnarGuard rubberized coating on the toe and heel add durability and protects against abrasions and debris.
- Like all Bontrager products, the new GR2 gravel shoe is backed by the Unconditional Bontrager Guarantee, which gives riders 30 days to love their purchase.
- inForm Race last offers a slightly roomier, high-performance fit for long days on and off the bike.
- A nylon composite Bronze Series sole provides stiff-yet-walkable performance with a stiffness index of 6 of 14.
Sizes, Pricing and Availability
Bontrager’s new GR2 Gravel shoes are available in:
- Men’s sizes: 3.5/EU36- 14.5/EU48
- Women’s sizing: 5 – 16 * Both men and women are available in 1/2 size increments
Price: The New Bontrager GR2 Gravel Shoe ($139.99 MSRP) is available exclusively online at Bontrager.com and through Trek’s global network of retailers.