1. Bring a friend: Suffering is better done in the company of others.
2. Focus on a landmark: Then set the short term goal of riding to that point.
3. Fantasize that you’re racing Le Tour: That’s Froome up the road. Go get him!
4. Remind yourself why you’re training: No pain no gain. Remember that.
5. Take a break: It’s okay to call a timeout once and a while.
6. Adjust your program: Overtraining or always doing the same thing is the enemy.
7. Focus on breathing: Use mind over matter to slow down your breathing.
8. Pedal smoothly: Focus on spinning circles, not grinding squares.
9. Sing: Distract yourself from the pain by hurting your ears.
10. Set small goals: It makes it easier to stay motivated.
Latest Travel Oregon articles