Love by nature…Live by luck…Ride with passion
Over the weekend, RoadBikeReview attended the Cardiel Attack Series Launch Party at the Chrome store in San Francisco, CA. Although the rain was pouring down, it didn’t keep the crowds away. People were out in full force, there to admire and celebrate John Cardiel’s new line for Chrome, drink free beer sponsored by PBR, eat free tacos from El Tonayense taco truck, and participate in the Chrome raffle which benefited Bikes to Rwanda. Chrome sure knows how to throw a party!
The new Cardiel Attack series is a 3 bag weatherproof travel system that includes the Fortnight, the ORP (Operation Readiness Pack) and the Shank hip pouch (all sold separately). John showed us how all three bags can be used together or on their own. The Shank fits perfectly into the Fortnight’s integrated pouch pocket and the ORP can also be carried under the Fortnight’s compression flap with commercial grade straps. John told us that his favorite bag from his new line is the ORP, since it’s versatile (the rolltop design can also be configured into a convenient carrying handle), super lightweight (0.9 lbs!) and can fit under the Fortnight’s flap when you need to carry more gear.
John is a skateboard legend and an avid biker (Road, Mountain and BMX!) and he put a lot of experience, passion and attention to detail in creating his line for Chrome. Here’s a little more about John Cardiel via Chrome:
“John Cardiel is a Destroyer. Has been since he was a runny-nosed kid on a BMX bike…was when he was awarded Thrasher Magazine’s Skater of the Year in 1992…and is still today on a track bike and any medium he chooses. Hands down, Cardiel is one of the biggest legends in skateboarding. After a freak accident in 2003, John wasn’t able to skate like he used to and returned to his first love…bikes. John’s fearlessness, determination and never ending optimism are what inspire us the most. This bag series is a testament to John’s simple, resourceful, creative and self-sufficient travel style and we’re honored to have him as a member of the Chrome Familia.”
John Cardiel and Six Stair collaborated to create videos that highlight each bag in the new series. Check out the videos and more photos below!
Weatherproof, adaptable, durable travel pack.
- Compression flap with commercial-grade straps accommodate a large range of load sizes
- Zippered external flap pocket for travel documents
- Ergonomic shoulder strap design with EVA foam back panel for improved fit and breathability
- Weatherproof 1000 denier Cordura outer shell and military grade 18oz. truck tarpaulin liner
- Integrated hip pouch pocket for stowing the Cardiel Shank
- 1680 Ballistics bottom panel for enhanced durability
Waterproof, ultra-light, durable rolltop daypack
- Waterproof rolltop accommodates a large range of load sizes
- Side compression straps for improved packability
- Internal divider sleeve for organizing cargo – fits a 15″ laptop
- Lightweight and durable 100 denier double coated diamond ripstop nylon
- 100% seamtaped construction keeps water out
Weatherproof, durable, ridable hip pouch
- Adjustable belt wears like a hip pack or cross-chest sling
- 1” wide integrated belt doesn’t dig into your waist while you ride and tucks away when not in use
- Easy access U-lock holster
- Main compartment includes internal divider for organizing travel documents, tool kit, cell phone and other small stuff
- Integrated internal key loop
- Weatherproof 1000 denier Cordura outer shell and military grade 180z. truck tarpaulin liner
John Cardiel’s story on “Epicly Later’d” from Vice
For more information visit https://www.chromebagsstore.com/cardielseries