Editor’s Note: This article is courtesy of the team at Art’s Cyclery. The original post can be found here.
California-based accessory manufacturer Lezyne has rolled out their 2017 GPS line-up. This is their second year making cycling computers, with lowered prices and features expanded across the line.
Gone this year is the shiny alloy case, replaced by a tough composite material. Connectivity options are plenty, including Lezyne’s own GPS Root site, which is Lezyne’s version of Strava, and the ability to sync with Strava itself and other third-party sites. Lezyne’s data analysis phone app. Lezyne Ally, is also an option.
Mapping options are non-existent on each Lezyne computer or app/website. However, you’ll spend at least an extra $100 to get live mapping on a Garmin GPS computer, so the lack of maps isn’t surprising at all.
Because Lezyne’s GPS computers are quite similar to each other, we’ve put together this quick comparison guide of the major differences and likenesses.
The Super GPS Loaded Kit also includes a case, cadence/speed sensor, heart rate transmitter and strap, magnets, Out-Front mount, X-Lock standard mount, and a USB cable. All models have the following:
- Durable composite case
- Multiple real-time features when paired to the Lezyne Ally app
- Intuitive four button operation
- Lithium polymer battery
- Micro USB rechargeable
- Customizable fields and page count
- Custom alerts and auto presets
- Extremely weather resistant
- Includes X-Lock Standard Mount
- Receive text, email and phone call notifications when paired with Bluetooth Smart enabled iOS or Android devices
- Sync rides via Bluetooth Smart to the Lezyne Ally phone app
- Instant download of ride files (.fit) via plug-and-play flash drive technology (Windows/Mac) and upload directly to GPS Root website for ride analysis
- Compatible with third-party sites like Strava and TrainingPeaks
- Pairs with Bluetooth Smart enabled heart rate monitors, cadence/speed sensors and power meters
- Connects with compatible electronic drivetrains
- Live tracking and Strava segments
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Turn-by-turn navigation (with phone app)
- Live Tracking and Strava segments
- Heart Rate*: Current, Average, Max.
- Cadence*: Current, Average
- Power* (6 data display options)
- Electronic drivetrain data
- Speed: Current, Average, Max.
- Distance: Current, Trip Total, Trip 2, Odometer
- Time: Ride Time, Clock
- Laps and lap averages
- Elevation: Ascent, Descent, Current
- GPS signal strength
- Battery life indicator for device and paired peripherals
- Connected devices icons
- Bread crumb trail page
*With Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ devices
To see the full Lezyne line-up visit www.artscyclery.com.