With a focus on ventilation, weight savings and protection, POC has introduced the Ventral Air cycling helmet. The helmet will be raced for the first time by riders from EF Education First at the Tour Down Under and be available for consumer purchase in spring 2019.
POC Ventral Air’s design and performance recently won it the Design and Innovation Award. Influenced by POC’s successful Octal and Ventral helmets, Ventral Air features ventilation ports and internal channels to enhance ventilation at high and low speeds.
The helmet is lightweight and 230 grams, and features a fully wrapped uni-body shell construction for extra security and an EPS liner for balance between weight and safety. The helmet also features POC’s patent pending silicone pad system, SPIN (Shearing Pad INside). Pricing information has yet to be released, but expect it to be in the range of the POC Ventral Spin, which sells for $290.
POC Ventral Air Features
- Optimized helmet with ventilation ports and internal channels to control the air intake and release at both high and low speeds
- Cooling and ventilation due to ports and internal airflow design
- Unique design optimized with CFD testing for aerodynamic performance and minimal air turbulence
- Features POC’s patent pending silicone pad system, SPIN (Shearing Pad INside)
- EPS liner with targeted and optimized density to provide the ideal balance of low weight and crash protection
- Fully wrapped uni-body shell construction to increase safety and helmet integrity
- Light-weight size adjustment system for a personalized fit
- Adjustable straps anchored to the helmet liner for comfort and safety
- Eye garage to keep sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet
- Used by EF Education First Pro Cycling Team
- Comes in both matt and gloss colors
- Sizes – Small (50-56), Medium (54-59), Large (56-61)
- Claimed weight – 230 g CE (Size M), 270 g in CPSC and AS/NZS (Size M)
To learn more visit www.pocsports.com.