Rapha has launched a new collection that’s designed to get a little more off the beaten path. It’s claimed to be comfortable and versatile, with bibs that have pockets, a really nice technical t-shirt, and an antimicrobial baselayer that’ll stay funk-free long after the adventure’s over. Here’s a rundown of highlights.
Cargo Bib Shorts $270
Their first bib shorts with pockets, Rapha tested for more than a year across Europe, in the heat of Australia and the rugged wilderness of Argentina, these shorts were designed to excel at extremes, but are just as comfortable on the commute or club run. They’ve added pockets on both legs and the upper back to ensure essentials such as a mobile phone and energy bar are within easy reach and freeing you from the need for a traditional cycling jersey with pockets. Rapha’s new Technical T-shirt and Polo Shirt have been created to complement the Cargo Bib Shorts, offering wider clothing options for the all-day ride.
Made from a new, lightweight Shadow material, these bib shorts perform in the rain, shedding water as you ride and are comfortable up to 30 degrees centigrade, making them the ideal bibs for every ride. They are also incredibly fast-drying. They tested the leg pockets to ensure your belongings stay secure – whether you’re carrying a little or a lot, the stretch opening keeps the contents in place. When the pockets are empty, they sit flush to the body, inconspicuous and virtually unnoticeable. The pockets on the back were positioned to sit above the waistband of our cotton and Randonnée shorts. This lets you cover up when you’re not keen on Lycra without losing access to your riding essentials.
- Leg pockets with secure stretch closure keep small items to hand
- Back pockets mean you can forego the usual jersey
- Two reflective stripes on both legs
- Reflective stripe on the back of the shorts positioned for visibility on road
- Lower front yoke makes for easier toilet breaks
- Same comfortable upper as Brevet Bib Shorts, with added stripe detail
- Brevet chamois pad, perforated to dry quickly, tested for long distance comfort
- Brevet fit suitable for long days in the saddle
Technical Shirt and Polo ($75 and $100)
On all day cross-country adventures or cruising through the city, there are times you’d rather not wear a jersey. Using the same fabric as Rapha’s hot weather Flyweight Jersey, the technical T-shirt and Polo are designed to be worn with the Cargo Bibs and are the perfect loose-fitting option for casual exploration on and off the bike. Made using a micromesh fabric to encourage airflow and a structure that stands off a rider’s skin to prevent clinging in hot conditions. Ideal for adventures in and out of town.
Brevet Base Layer($80)
When you pack a little to go a long way, you have to be sure your kit is up to the task. The Explore Base Layer is our first ever with a permanent antibacterial treatment to keep it fresh for days on end. If you’re going far, the last thing you’ll have to worry about is your base layer.
- Permanent antibacterial treatment for days of freshness
- Brevet stripes under the arms
- Flatlock stitching to seams to minimize chaffing
- Close-to-skin fit for comfort and ease of wear
For more info head to pages.rapha.cc.